• SRX
    • Gigantor/Tetsujin 28
    • Gunbuster
    • Grendizer
    • Big O
    • Aquarion
    • Zambot 3
    • Megas XLR

I don't think the Turn A Gundam belongs on here. I'm not saying it's bad, but for a popularity context like this you should probably have the original gundam or maybe the wing gundam, or maybe one of the gundams from the Seed series (dunno their names). Granted the moonlight butterfly makes it among the most powerful gundam units, but I don't think sheer power is the point of the contest given some of the other options you listed.

It's also too bad there aren't any Gekiga units listed on here :( Not that they should be, but...

My favorite is probably the Escaflowne, I really like the medieval'ish design of the mechs in that show. But, of the ones listed, I think the Ideon is probably the most powerful as it can create black holes.

But I ended up voting Rahxephon on account of its design.

Edited by SeverIan

I don't think the Turn A Gundam belongs on here. I'm not saying it's bad, but for a popularity context like this you should probably have the original gundam or maybe the wing gundam, or maybe one of the gundams from the Seed series (dunno their names). Granted the moonlight butterfly makes it among the most powerful gundam units, but I don't think sheer power is the point of the contest given some of the other options you listed.

It's also too bad there aren't any Gekiga units listed on here :( Not that they should be, but...

My favorite is probably the Escaflowne, I really like the medieval'ish design of the mechs in that show. But, of the ones listed, I think the Ideon is probably the most powerful as it can create black holes.

But I ended up voting Rahxephon on account of its design.

*Headdesk**Headdesk**Headdesk* I already said it's NOT a popularity contest... Also, note the warping Beam Rifle shots directly into the cockpit and the regeneration. Those added to Moonlight Butterfly is why it's there.

And Ideon Nuked the Universe. Which got better.

Finally, God gets a vote! (o_o)b

*Headdesk**Headdesk**Headdesk* I already said it's NOT a popularity contest...

I know you didn't intend it to be, but there's no way that 1/2 of these robots will ever get a vote if it's a power contest, whereas some of the options actually make some sense if it's based off of general favoritism. The Big O is IMO maybe the 3rd or 4th coolest design even though there's no reason anyone in their right mind would try to match it up against the Turn A Gundam in a fight, let alone something like the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (didn't try to spell that right).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vl4l71s-I6I

That being said, in terms of power I think that Eva Unit 01 and Rahxephon, which both seem to have some kind of metaphysical universe-crafting power that is controllable by a single pilot, might possibly have some kind of advantage. I wasn't really clear on whether the Gurren Lagann or the Ideon could really control their power to reshape things accordint to the pilot's uses. In a fight that's within the bounds of our universe tho I'm pretty sure the Ideon and Gurenn Lagann would basically destroy each other, all the ideon has to do is launch one black hole that can absorb the TTGL and the TTGL can destroy the entire universe in response while it's being taken in by the black hole. But theoretically the Gurren lagan might be able to kill the ideon before the ideon even gets close enough.

Edited by SeverIan

I know you didn't intend it to be, but there's no way that 1/2 of these robots will ever get a vote if it's a power contest, whereas some of the options actually make some sense if it's based off of general favoritism. The Big O is IMO maybe the 3rd or 4th coolest design even though there's no reason anyone in their right mind would try to match it up against the Turn A Gundam in a fight, let alone something like the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (didn't try to spell that right).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vl4l71s-I6I

That being said, in terms of power I think that Eva Unit 01 and Rahxephon, which both seem to have some kind of metaphysical universe-crafting power that is controllable by a single pilot, might possibly have some kind of advantage. I wasn't really clear on whether the Gurren Lagann or the Ideon could really control their power to reshape things accordint to the pilot's uses. In a fight that's within the bounds of our universe tho I'm pretty sure the Ideon and Gurenn Lagann would basically destroy each other, all the ideon has to do is launch one black hole that can absorb the TTGL and the TTGL can destroy the entire universe in response while it's being taken in by the black hole. But theoretically the Gurren lagan might be able to kill the ideon before the ideon even gets close enough.

Considering that the Gurren Lagann makes literally NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, I think it would be phyiscally impossible to defeat. I mean seriously, when it gets superpowered, the gauge showing it's power level breaks and the power level meter CONTINUES ON OUTSIDE OF THE METER. It can go so "hardcore" that the pilots sunglasses just shatter for some reason.

It is not bound by any rational rules, it can do things with absolutely no explanation. Nothing could POSSIBLY best it.