FE4 hard patch question

thesage

So yea I'm playing the hard mode patch and I have no idea how to beat the guy who kidnapped Aideen (forgot his name). His wrath + hero axe can kill everybody (including Sigurd). Last time I encountered a hard boss (Last boss of the prologue) I just used Azel's wrath ability, but this time it doesn't work cuz hero axe ORKO's him... Do I have to send everybody back to the arena to train them there? Nobody survives a round with him...

Also what pairing should I use? I don't really know how much characters were changed in the hard patch so I'm not sure if I should just do my standard fare or not...

Aideen/Midir - this doesn't seem too good cuz you don't need to pass down pursuit anymore so maybe Jamka would work instead?

Tiltyu/Azel - this seems redundant since Azel has wrath now. Don't know how Tiltyu was changed... Maybe Levin would work better here.

Brigid/Holyn - don't know how these characters where changed but I'd like to see a maxed out hp stat for Faval.

Ayra/Lex - this still looks like a really good pairing, plus I think forests can use axes now so =D.

Fury/Levin - don't know how either of them were changed...

Sylvia/Claude - lol@incestpairing

Also Dew is so lol, I've seen him do so many criticals. He actually ORKO'd an enemy at like level 3.

Edit: I managed to beat him through Sigurd abusing lol. Guess I just need help with pairings now...

Edited by thesage

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlier but since you already got through the boss you were having problems with(I would've told you to just use Sigurd and RNG abuse with him since that really is the only option to beat him)

As for pairings:

Aideen/Midir: Well, you can't go wrong with either Jamka or Midir being the husband, the difference between the two is that Jamka offers a higher strength growth for the kids whereas Midir offers a higher speed growth.

Titlyu/Azel: I haven't seen Titlyu with the patch yet but assuming she still has Wrath, this is a redundant pairing. It would be a better idea to pair Azel with either Lachesis or Fury.

Brigid/Holyn: I haven't seen Briggid in this patch either but Holyn pretty much has the same skillset. Just like the original FE4, this is still a viable pairing. Although Dew might be a better idea for Bargain.

Ayra/Lex: Good pairing. And yes Forrests can use Axes now although I doubt Skasaha will inherit axes from Lex.

Fury/Levin: Don't bother, since every unit has Pursuit you're way better off just pairing Levin with Titlyu, especially if Titlyu still has Wrath. Also Levin has the same skillset as in the original FE4 and Fury has Continue now.

Sylvia/Claude: Well...If you really want to keep the Valkyrie Staff then go for it. Although keeping Sylvia single and getting Sharlow/Laylea instead isn't a bad idea either. Although I haven't seen Claude in the patch yet either. So I'm not sure if he was given skills or not. Sylvia has the same skillset as in the original as well, though.

Edited by Joey