OBAMACARE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion? I don't like the bill. We're paying extra taxes because the government now has to worry about national health care in the budget. I don't really trust the government with my health care. And paying for abortions is not my idea of a good time.

I do think that the health and insurance industries need reform, but this bill is the wrong way to do it. Fining and jailing people for not wanting the government's health care plan is completely unconstitutional. Again, since the government now has to worry about paying for people's health care, this will increase the debt AND our taxes.

And about the right-wing conspiracy claiming that the democrats are just out to get the insurance businesses, one of the people in the House actually said this was one of the points of the bill. :facepalm: BTW, is it true that the insurance companies helped with this bill? If so, that makes the democrats big hypocrites. Plus, even though around 70% of US citizens did not want this bill, the House refused to represent their opinions.

What are they going to do next, make us buy auto insurance?

One more thing: This bill fails economics.

I don't know why I get so anal about explaining what I'm really saying. Well... misunderstanding does suck up a storm.

I meant in general, just why the hell argue in Far from the Forest over politics? :facepalm:

This topic forgot about you.

Ask not what this topic can do for you, but what you can do for this topic.

Let it fall to the second page so we can get on with our lives? <_<

Well damn, I'm not helping :facepalm:

Do I have to post a pic of an adorable slime again? Because I will.

I do not think anyone could sufficiently resolve questions about determinism and free will to answer your question. I suspect you already have your opinions on free will, as a lot of people in this day and age seem to, and that there isn't going to be much convincing you one way or the other as to whether you "have" to post the blue slime. You probably already know the answer you believe is your own, which is as close to "the" answer as we're likely to get.

However, it would be nice to know exactly what material conditions tend to provokes a decision on your part to post a blue slime, so that I can bring about those material conditions and cause you to repeat that action. It would be far more final for you to post a blue slime than to not post a blue slime; the latter invites the possibility that you will post a blue slime again in the future. For that reason, I would prefer it on (a purely aesthetic plane) were you to post a blue slime.

Edited by SeverIan