Fe5-C14

Iced

Can anybody give me any help with how to do this chapter, I've tried about about 3 times and still can't manage to get all three villages, the dragon lance and keep everybody alive.

First off, do you have any warp staves?

Secondly, Tina's Thief staff?

yes 1 in full condition.

it's broken, I couldn't recruit her in time.

my main strat was to warp asvel and a mounted unit to capture the boss near the Dr lance area, but that severely hampers my defense, but without it I can't get the dragon lance.

yes 1 in full condition.

it's broken, I couldn't recruit her in time.

my main strat was to warp asvel and a mounted unit to capture the boss near the Dr lance area, but that severely hampers my defense, but without it I can't get the dragon lance.

......Well this puts you in a tight spot. >_>

What is generally done is you steal the Ballista(Last I checked this was perfectly possible) with the Thief staff so that Dean can get the Dragon Lance with no problems from being shot down. Also, that Silver Lance, trade it to someone else, so that when Dean gets the Dragon Lance you can equip it instantly, and that helps him stay alive from the Enemies nearby.

But since you have no Thief staff......You're gonna have to kill the Ballista instead before doing this.

This is a basic strategy for obtaining the dragon lance which requires that you at least have one use of a rescue staff and lara as a dancer.

1. Have safy warp dean to the village.
  2. Grab the dragon lance.
  3. Get lara to refresh safy.
  4. Rescue dean so he doesn't get raped by the enemies.

Edited by Blutsauger

......Well this puts you in a tight spot. >_>

What is generally done is you steal the Ballista(Last I checked this was perfectly possible) with the Thief staff so that Dean can get the Dragon Lance with no problems from being shot down. Also, that Silver Lance, trade it to someone else, so that when Dean gets the Dragon Lance you can equip it instantly, and that helps him stay alive from the Enemies nearby.

But since you have no Thief staff......You're gonna have to kill the Ballista instead before doing this.

You can also use the Thief Staff to steal Tornado and the Master Axe and just keep Dean close enough to that nearby ballista so that he can't get hit by it.

But if your thief staff is broken you can also do the warp+rescue strategy

Repairing the Thief staff works too if you still have repair staff uses.

Although speaking of the broken Thief Staff. I forgot to say I'm surprised it's broken in the first place anyways since Iced did mention that he couldn't recruit Tina before she broke the Thief Staff. But basically you just pass the Torch staff to Salem so you can see the area Tina+Pahn's in. Then warp Lara right in front of Pahn, have her talk to Pahn and then steal the Thief Staff from Tina for safe measure.

An alternative option if you don't want to bring Safy and have recruited Salem and Olwen: you can have Olwen eliminate all the bastilla on the map with 5 uses of bolting after taking some holy water/M up use and than have Salem sleep the boss (Paul?) guarding the Dragon Lance. Now you are basically free to get the lance, but if you want to just simply warp and retreat with Safy,take a use of warp and rescue apiece, by all means do it...

Although speaking of the broken Thief Staff. I forgot to say I'm surprised it's broken in the first place anyways since Iced did mention that he couldn't recruit Tina before she broke the Thief Staff. But basically you just pass the Torch staff to Salem so you can see the area Tina+Pahn's in. Then warp Lara right in front of Pahn, have her talk to Pahn and then steal the Thief Staff from Tina for safe measure.

He told me he had no warp staves at that point when he asked me on how to do that chapter.

Alternatively, you could just make sure to not deploy anyone with less than 3 Mag in chapter 12x so that Tina has no target to use her Thief staff on; then you can take all time in the world to recruit her without breaking her thief staff.

Simply recruiting Pahn is indeed better though, since the enemies all just run away if you do, and the dancers give next to no kill Exp anyway.

As for chapter 14x: Yeah, repair the thief staff. It's the very best thing you can possibly repair, since its use can't be replicated by anything else as easily (thieves can steal stuff as well, but are limited by the weight of the item they want to steal and need to be close to their target; all Tina needs is Mag, which she can easily get from pure water or a magic up staff). I never even needed to repair warp, as you get more of those later on - especially easily if you have a trained ThiefStaff!Tina. And most weapons aren't worth being repaired either (Holsety is a noteworthy exception to this, but I doubt you could possibly waste all those 50 uses in just two and a half chapters unless you try really hard).

And most weapons aren't worth being repaired either

I have to disagree with you there

Light Brand, Brave Lance, Earth Sword, Pugi(If you're going the Solar Route), King Sword, Mareeta's Sword, and hell even the Brave Axe is worth repairing.

I have to disagree with you there

Light Brand, Brave Lance, Earth Sword, Pugi(If you're going the Solar Route), King Sword, Mareeta's Sword, and hell even the Brave Axe is worth repairing.

Well, I guess that depends on the play style of the player. I for one never repaired those weapons, as except for the light brand, I never even managed to break them in the first place. 60 uses is a hell of a lot to work with if you use them sparingly (as in, not against every single random enemy).

Well, anyway, I take the thing about weapons not being worth being repaired back, but I still think you don't need to do so often unless you spam them; you should have some repair uses for the thief staff available at least.