This Beautiful End of the World

H3X/AntiStyle

An RP about the titular End of the World, with humans conflicting with Angels and Demons who are vying for control

over the Earth's Destiny. Certain Humans have attained special powers, and are now using them to tip things in

their favor.

~~The Goal~~

For the millions of years that the heavens have sat in their celestial seat above the Earth, organisms native to

the planet have revered them. Humans, for example, have poured all of their hopes and dreams into the romantic

beauty of the night sky. These Wishes, however, have fallen on deaf ears, never to be heard by any such being

powerful enough to bring fruition to them. But the wonderful power of the Human spirit has endowed these stars with

the powers of their Wishes. As Shooting Stars fall into the atmosphere, the radiant glow they emit is the power of

the many Wishes on them burning into the sky. But despite this, at the core of everyone one, deep inside, the power

of those Wishes still remains. Angels and Demons are gathering these Meteor Cores, hoping to take the concentrated

energy from the Wishes to forge a will strong enough to change the world into their own vision.

~~CHARACTER CLASSES~~

Angels and Demons are NOT immortal! They can be harmed AND killed just like anyone else, only they have superhuman

abilities that can make doing so rather difficult.

Demons have the ability of Rejection -- They can, in varying degrees, decide that something simply "did not

happen", or "does not exist". The ability can vary from Rejecting the existance of a few bullets in a spray of

rounds, to negating the existance of large areas of space (Arch Demon). They also have Demonic Aura -- Which, at

the cost of rationality (And thus PC control), sends the Demon into a berserker frenzy, dramatically increasing

resistance to pain and offense. The downside is that while it's more likely to kill any opponent, it's also more

likely to get the user killed, as the demon no longer puts up any defense.

The Ultimate form of Rejection is that of Rejecting History -- Deciding that nothing had ever happened since the

beginning of existance, thus restarting the chain.

Angels have the ability of Acceptance -- They are able to, on different levels, decide that something "Did happen"

or "Does exist". This can go from anywhere to Spawning a wall to summoning a creature of myth (Arch Angels). Angels

are capable of Angelic Vision, giving themselves to Fate's Plan, and giving their will to the higher ups in the

universe to decide what should happen to them. While this effectively can allow an ArchAngel to change the fate of

one of his subordinates, it's also possible that an ArchDemon is chosen as their fate Bearer.

The Ultimate form of Acceptance is that of Creation -- Allowing the user to forge the future in their own image.

Contractors are humans who, for whatever reason or another, have gained access to different abilities that vary

from person to person. The only real continuance is that they must each pay a price for their power -- Any time the

human uses their ability, they must do -something- to pay for it. This can be anything. Smoking a cigarette, eating

raw eggs, lining up rocks. Maybe even gay sex if the power is worth THAT much. But the price is always constant in

idea, though the more it's used the more the price must be paid. Smoke a longer cigarette, find more eggs, or just

have wilder gay sex. Depends. Payment doesn't necessarily have to be immediate. While it is required to be paid, it

works on the mind like a drug addiction. I.E., when you haven't paid your price, it's like when you REALLY need a

cigarette.

~~ FACTIONS ~~

Disciple - Term used to describe those who are willing to sit back and wait for whatever the heavenly beings are

planning, all while revering their existance. Human, and can be a Contractor.

Crusader - Term for any Human who actively supports the actions by Angels, usually literally fighting for their

cause. Even they aren't privy as to their plans, but they put faith in the idea that whatever it is, it's for a

good reason. Human, and can be a Contractor.

Pagan - Term for Humans who, for various reasons, believe that whatever it is the AngDems are doing on Earth, it

won't be in their best interest. Reasons vary from believing they will bring about the end of the world, to simply

causing too much mayhem amongst the human population by hanging around. Actively try to destroy the Angels and

Demons alike. Human, and can be a Contractor.

Angels - Heavenly beings who, although their cause is unknown to humans, seem to be competing with Demons over

control of Meteor Cores. Attitude towards humans is generally indifferent. Divine, and can be an Auerate.

Demons - Unholy creatures with unknown motives. The only thing that is certain to Humans is that they are after the

Meteor Cores, and actively battle the Angels for possession. Demons look down upon Humans, believing them weak, but

no more a threat than any insect. Unholy, and may be Valauran.

~~Heirarchy~~

Each class has a tier system, and each works the same across the system. Each successive tier strengthens the

abilites of the character, and upon achievement a PC may submit for additional abilites. Promoting to 2nd tier

means being a capable RPer with several Character-based accomplishments under their belt. Silence, Archdemon, and

Archangel are unique tiers, and only one Character of each may exist at any one time. Should a 3rd Tier character

fall, they must of course be replaced. In order to be replaced, a Player will be offered to either promote their

existing character, or may also bring in an entirely new character.

Contractors --

Contractor -> Whisper -> Silence

Demons --

Demon -> Valauran -> Archdemon

Angels --

Angel -> Auerate -> Archangel

~~ Meteor Cores ~~

Meteor Cores, due to having the built up power of Wishes, have tremendous power to change reality. Gathering them

is the ultimate goal of each faction, each with their own reason for doing so. Whenever the location of a Meteor

Core is discovered, I will PM the location to the highest ranking member of the discovering Faction. I will then

make a GM post stating that SOMEONE has knowledge of where the Meteor Core is. It's up to you to figure out who has

it and who to follow.

Meteor Cores also have a play in the actual RP. Each Faction starts off with 2 Meteor Cores. Whenever a character

dies, the leader of the repective Faction may use a Meteor Core to revive the character. Alternatively, if a

character has just obtained said Meteor Core, then it is still "in their posession". The Meteor Core cannot be

used, since there is no unit able to make the "Wish" to bring the unit back. The Meteor Core is then taken by the

killer.

If a Faction ever has 0 Meteor Cores, then the leader of the faction will be demoted, which means that a new leader

will have to be decided.

~~TERMS~~

Messengers - Term used by Disciples to describe the Angels and Demons.

Contractors - Describes any human who, for currently unclear reasons, have gained mysterious powers, though at a

price. Each time their powers are used, they must do -something- in order to pay for it.

Lillam - Term used by Angels and Demons to refer to Humans, regardless of their faction, rank, or Contractor

status. Refers to "Lilith", as humans are viewed unfavorably for their general disobediance to God, much how Lilith

was disobediant to Adam.

Meteor Cores - Fragments of the stars, or so the legends go. Whatever they might truly be, the Angels and Demons

are attempting to gather them. Pagans attempt to either destroy them or capture them, and Crusaders defend them for

the time when an Angel comes to retrieve one.

Edited by Ramiel

~~SUBMITTING CHARACTERS~~

Each character must be submitted to me through PM. The reasoning behind this is that, in the event of a battle, you

do not want your enemy to simply look up all of your abilities and be able to counter them! After being accepted,

you will post your Character's general biography, appearance, and personality. Any information you leave out is on

you! If I don't have a record of a skill, and you try to use it, it could very well fail! YOU CAN DECIDE TO LEAVE

OUT YOUR FACTION IF YOU SO CHOOSE! That way, this keeps people on their toes as to who is on what side.

Format is up to you when submitting to me, as long as it has all the information that would reasonably be expected,

i.e, name appearance, skills/skill level, and such. After being approved, I will give you general format for topic

submission.

~~RP RULES~~

RP will be done through general post-as-you-go format. HOWEVER, when attacking someone, you must note that you are

initiating combat in bold at the top of your post!

Combat is turn based, with a GM deciding what the end result of each turn is. When intiating combat, a player must

make it clear in their post that they are doing so. i.e.; having [initiate Combat] at the beginning of their post.

The results will be decided through a random number generator (Specific one is at www.random.org/) based on stats.

Stats and Bases - Each Character gets 5 points to allocate in any of these stats.

HP - 20 - Health. If it hits 0, your character has been killed. If it falls below 5, your character has been

knocked out, and your opponent may choose to keep you alive.

ATK - 5 - Attack is your base damage. If your attack lands, this (-DEF) is the damage done on your turn. Skills

modify this stat on a turn by turn basis.

SPD - 5 - Each turn is a battle of speed. Having high speed means that your attacks are likely hit hit, and you are

likely to dodge. Accuracy is determined by difference in SPD in 5% increments.

DEF - 5 - Defense. Quite simply, this cushions your character against enemy attack, should they hit.

Focus - Focus is how you determine what your character is after at any given time. I.e., Whether you are trying to

do as much damage as possible, block as much as possible, or even just keep on your toes, this is how you specify

that. There are currently four stances.

[Offensive] Adds +2 to ATK.

[Defensive] Adds +2 to DEF.

[balanced] Adds +1 to ATK, DEF, and SPD.

[Avoidance] Adds +2 to SPD.

After I've calculated the results of the battle, I will post them in the Topic and give the "Result Post" to the

overall winner of the turn.

EXAMPLE OF BATTLE PHASE:

-P1- [initiate Combat]

Focus [Offensive]

{Put stats here}

Skill - StabbyMcStab +1ATK/-1AP

Character will do lots of flips, stabs, and other such nonsense.

-P2-

Focus [balanced]

{Put Stats here}

Skill - StandThereStupidfied

Character will be a retard.

<Insert GM calculating damage and results>

-GM-

P1 deals 4 damage to P2, and leaves a hole in his arm.

P2 Deals 1 damage to P1, and was pretty retarded.

Post goes to P1

-P1-

"Insert some RPing of stuff representing the battle results"

And repeat till one runs away like a chicken or dies.

~~ Skills ~~

Each Character gets 2 skills plus one free Form or Stance (Raising total to 3). Each tier gets one more skill

(I.e., Valaurans, Whispers, and Auerate have 3 with 1 Stance/Form.). Skills are typically used by spending Ability

Points, or AP. Every battle a character starts with 1 AP, and gains 2 AP per turn. Skills go into 3 general

categories:

Stance - Skills that augment (Not ENHANCE!) stats and cost no AP are Stances. A stance can rearrange your stats

however you wish, so long as HP is unnaffected and the stat total remains the same. The stat allocations are set

with the skill. You cannot have the same Stance cause -2ATK/+2SPD one turn and then +1DEF/-1SPD the next.

Form - Skills that add to a character's stats without subtracting anything are Forms. Forms can manifest from

anything like summoning armor, to even morphing the Character into a beast of legend. The more a Form enhances a

PCs stats, the more AP it costs.

Techniques - The catchall for skills, Techniques cover anything from attacks to escape maneuvers. As a general

rule, if it doesn't fit in the other two, it's a Technique. The more powerful a Technique is, the more AP it costs.

~Final Techniques~

As the name suggests, these are the Final Techniques that a character may use. They can be used when a character's

health goes below 5 HP, but at the cost of the user's life (Technique may still be used when the character has been

killed, but only during the turn the final strike has been dealt). The only way to avoid dying when using this

technique is to burn a Meteor Core. This is primarily used to take out an enemy much, much more powerful than the

Character, and usually one that needs killing.

Contractors call this "Fulfillment of Contract". Demons use "Devil's Word", and Angels will know the technique by

"Celestial Light".

As for being nice story wise, forget it. If you want to be a backstabber and provide information to the "enemy", go

for it. And if you do it in a PM, and keep a record of it, that will keep everything in play, while still not

revealing your intentions! Mix things up! Not everyone has to play for their own team!

YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY CHARACTERS AS YOU LIKE.

FOR CHARACTERS THAT ARE ANGELIC OR DEMONIC, UPON ACCEPTANCE OF CHARACTER, YOU WILL RECIEVE A PM STATING THE

INTENTIONS OF YOUR FACTION. This way, Humans will still be generally in the dark. If you decide to let everyone in

the RP that you meet know what it is, that's on you! Not like it's a huge secret though.

~~Prologue~~

It is the year 2012. From behind closed curtains unbeknownst to the general populace, mysterious beings have been

quietly working towards some shrouded future. As more and more organizations discovered their existance, and

questioning their very reality, these factions have been gradually make themselves more and more obvious. With no

idea as to what their intentions are, human unrest grew. Some thought they were merely Terrorist factions competing

for some technology.

However, with the turn of the year, into 2013, an abrupt display revealed who they were. A slim, dark haired man

had slipped into the Louvre, apparently trying to steal some valued artwork. Before he could be apprehended, the

majority of the structure... Simply dissappeared, leaving nothing more than a crater in its place, with the

mysterious man standing at the edge of it.

Days later...

Thousands of Americans, just as every other day, sat in front of their TV. Some had bowls of cereal, some had a hot

pocket, and some simply had a television remote. The morning dew still remains in a film on the grass, which is

basking in the sun in an attempt to dry their green blades in its light. And many of these Americans, following

simple American traditions, have turned their televisions to a channel appropriate for watching their favorite

morning television show. However, roughly half of these very Americans were in for a very "special" broadcast,

whether they knew it or not.

"So, I heard that you've been in quite a few movies lately, but were they all just as extras until now?"

"Well, Jim, I suppose you could say that. I was never in an important role, but then I guess that... Hey! I'm

trying to talk here!"

Offscreen there were shouts to be heard. From the sounds of them, someone was trying to get onstage. The Cameraman

veered his lense to see what was going on, and there stood a tall man, with dark blue hair slicked back. His eyes

looked reddish from the lighting, and his face wore a confident smirk to compliment the gleam in his eyes.

"Sir, I'm sorry but you just aren't allowed on stage!" The security officer stood in front of the man, with his

arms crossed, trying to put up a mildly aggressive appearance, perhaps trying to intimidate him.

"If you knew what was good for you, you'd back off." With that the security officer was sent off his feet by a

swift back-hand. The crowd panicked and began running from their seats, tripping over one another, unable to

coordinate any sort of real attempt at fleeing.

"You. On the camera. Where do you think you're going? Get the fuck back on that thing. Hostess, don't think you're

going anywhere alive." And then, turning to the camera, "If this isn't broadcast, well, let's say you don't wanna

find out."

The cameraman stumbled, started to move, and was quickly put back in place by the stranger warning him a second

time."

The hostess, being just a little freaked out, started slowly. "So... What is it that, uh, you're wanting?"

"Why, I want an interview, of course." So the Hostess sat down, agreed to give this stranger an interview.

"So, what's your name?"

"Zephiel. Zephiel La Arcanea." His smug look still seemed to be the only gleeming thing about his countenance.

"Well, that's a, uh, different name."

"I would suppose that's a little fitting then."

"Uh, why do you say that?"

"Well, obviously I'm saying I'm 'A little different'."

"I kinda guessed that from how you just, barged in here, and demanded an interview." The hostess seemed to be

getting a little more confidence.

"I didn't demand it. I gave you a choice. It was just a choice that had only one intelligent option."

"Well, I can see you're rather... Confident. You didn't seem to care one bit about any of the security guards

here."

Removing his hand from his chin, he continued on. "Why would I be afraid of humans, when I can do something

like...this!" As he smiled wider, the table beneath the hostess shook violently for a moment, and then seemed to

vaporize into nothingness. The hostess fell backward in her seat, shocked, and out of instinct started to crawl

backwards.

Zepiel turned towards the camera. "That, Lillam, was the power of Rejectance. I rejected the idea of that table,

and so the table corrected itself." His smirk had turned into a menacing grin. "You Lillam are caught in the middle

of a war, and don't even know it. It's so silly! And worst of all, it makes it so much more boring when there's

only a handful of enemies in your sights. So I'm gonna let you in on a few secrets, and in return, I expect some

action!"

The hostess was now passed out on the floor, having gone into shock.

Zephiel continued on to reveal that he was an Arch Demon, one of Lucifer's own generals, and Earth had become a

battleground between the Demons and the Angels. He never mentioned the goals of either faction, he simply pointed

out their existance, and promptly left.

Following the broadcast, the human populace was frantic. Cults sprang out, organizations formed, and the talk of

the world was focused around these heavenly beings. What are their intentions? Is this the end of the world? The

world was spinning on its axis, having been given only enough information to know that something was going to

happen, with no solid clue as to what it was.