18 members have voted

1. 1. favourite map?

• Map 1 (small map)
    • Map 2 (bridges map)
    • Map 3 (box map)
    • Map 4 (doors map)
    • Map 5 (big map)
    • Map 6 (corners map)

simple question really, what's the map (and player order) you like the most?

For me it's probably map 5 as player 2, but I like all of the maps to some respect.

IMO none of the maps are really "fair", but map 5 is unique as it favours player 2 (all the others favour player 1 mostly)

Also, if you want, you can try and invent your own maps. I was curious to think if there is any kind of map that would be totally fair. I'm not sure it's possible (but I've not thought about it much)

simple question really, what's the map (and player order) you like the most?

For me it's probably map 5 as player 2, but I like all of the maps to some respect.

IMO none of the maps are really "fair", but map 5 is unique as it favours player 2 (all the others favour player 1 mostly)

Also, if you want, you can try and invent your own maps. I was curious to think if there is any kind of map that would be totally fair. I'm not sure it's possible (but I've not thought about it much)

as you i like aspects of all the maps. but i favor map 4 because it makes me feel like i'm invading/defending a castle. though the whole battlefield feel of map 5 is cool too. :]

I am having trouble deciding between 1 and 5. The P1 advantage is a little too overwhelming on the others.

I do find it interesting that map 6 single-handedly forces your team to have a Sage. An opponent can majorly exploit knowledge of one's absence.

I do find it interesting that map 6 single-handedly forces your team to have a Sage. An opponent can majorly exploit knowledge of one's absence.

Map 6 forces the importance of character order in a team. Having a sage as character 1 would be meaningless in map 6. But really, map 6 is much the same as map 3, it's a lot based on movement as it is based on warp (without good movement player 2 can easily get the jump on player 1).

=[

i like Map6. i've always been more of a warp person so i never mind using a sage. i actually don't like map5 cause its really easy to abuse poke-scouting. and also to a lesser extent when you fight random people who have just their bishop!lena WHO KNOWS WHERE. its gets kinda annoying.

but i would have to say that a fair map is not possible. maps are created to have a player utilize characters and terrain to their fullest. just like how map6 gives sages the advantage, map5 gives high mov the advantage. map3 too. map1 and 2 give P1 pretty good advantage. map4 gives snipers the advantage if i had to say anything about that. i would call utilizing the map to your advantage more of strategy than it being completely broken. the only thing i see really broken is first turn killing and trapping on map3. map3 isn't even that bad if you don't trap.

btw, same reasoning as XxWolfxX, Map4 is my favorite. i have more fun with Map6 though, trapping the lone enemy with two warpers and stuff. =D

and if i did have to create a map.....

it be something like a mini fort on two ends and a sort of empty field with forts at the top. and a forest at the bottom.

another one is a two square river divides the north and south with three bridges.

a cool idea would be to make two castles and you have to control both of them in order to win.

another map idea is maybe like a valley setting. with lots of mountains. a river in between them. and sort of cramped empty space along it.

seriously if you guys prefer just fighting on empty 32x32 maps then that could be one too. or even just 10x10.

ooh another one is like a island in the middle and four bridges leading to some perimeter looking area.

and what if we had different set of spawn points!? O_o

*blah, blah....*

Map 6 forces the importance of character order in a team. Having a sage as character 1 would be meaningless in map 6.

Well, yes. I didn't specifically spell it out, but I was going on the assumption that the player is not an idiot.

But really, map 6 is much the same as map 3, it's a lot based on movement as it is based on warp (without good movement player 2 can easily get the jump on player 1).

Movement is all for naught without warp, where the converse is not true. Gerad has beaten my Horsemen team soundly with his standard team on map 6 because of Warping. There is literally nothing that can be done about it, even though I had the clear mobility advantage.

In the event that both teams have a Sage, yes, movement is advantageous. But that is true on every map.

Edited by Meteor

I don't prefer an empty map, map 5 has the water which is quite unique. It gives rise to a lot of map 2/5 tactics that would never work on other maps.

I entirely agree here, the water though there isn't much can give berserker/flyer heavy teams a needed advantage in some cases, also negating the concept of warping anything thats not water friendly to counterattack. Imo it can add a unique twist to the battle.

Edited by XxWolfxX

My favourite map has got to be map 2. It is almost just as easy to dominate non-warping teams (really common these days) compared to map 6.

I also enjoy map 4 and 6. Both offer lots of strategic options.

I am neutral about map 5. The advantage here falls somewhat to the 2nd player for being closer to the throne, thus put that player in a better position for poke scout.

I personally like map 1 the least out of the 5 legit maps. Too small for an epic 5 on 5 battle.

it often depends on the team i am currently using. strategically 2 5 are the most balenced.

1 almost always favors who has a physically stonger team although a lot of tactics give rise there.

2. has water, bridges and whatnot, warp is extremely helpful here imo

3. broken

4. this map is wierd, it pretty much makes it so warping is almost pointless (well at least my strategies)

5. due to size this probably gives way to teh most strategies and is probably the most overall "balenced" map. the water should be somwhere more accesable though. the forest water, and that triangle of forts make for interesting tactics here.

6. warplugay nuff said