least favorite voice actor and/or actress

aizengard

Every single person in this video, except maybe Nicole:

This made me want to stick a Death Stalker Scorpion in my ears just to see how fast it would deafen me. This particular company was going bankrupt at the time, so they decided to hire family and friends instead of professionals. Take special note of Karen, who can't even talk normally. The funny thing is, Uru actually sounds pretty manly in the Japanese version. Go figure.

The family member VAing wasn't just a rumor???!!!

Evidently not. The company's called O3 Entertainment, and from what I can gather from their Wikipedia page, they were heavily criticized for this. I've heard that it was a good game otherwise, though.

Rebecca Forstadt.

I don't know if you've played SO3 or not, but Farleen... Just Farleen... Oh gosh that voice was SO ****ing irritating.

And since I feel like I need to justify this response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1TLDZuTu0&feature=related at 7:12... The high-pitched squealing.... It hurts my ears...

Just thank God that it wasn't done by anyone from 4Kids...

Anyway, I'd say that a couple of those voices were okay (just the female ones though).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Just thank God that it wasn't done by anyone from 4Kids...

Anyway, I'd say that a couple of those voices were okay (just the female ones though).

No, Chaos Wars makes 4kids look professional.

This.

I actually kind of like Rin and Hyoma's.

So I've been sitting here punching myself in the balls just to see what would hurt more, that or typing up and posting my no doubt controversial opinion on voice acting. I miss the punching already.

I honestly don't like the majority of Japanese voice actors. Specifically in Video Games and Anime. Sure, some of that could very well be because I don't understand Japanese at all, but even then a lot of them just don't seem that good. A lot of the male VAs (I refuse to use the word "Seiyu") generally sound very similar, like they're bored and uninterested. Same thing with the female VAs, except they sound ear-piercingly high pitched.

Now please remember that I said the majority of VAs because I have noticed that when Japanese VAs get their role right, they REALLY get it right. I can tell that even though I'm just reading subtitles and listening to them talk while assuming that the words on the screen must have something to do with what they're saying.

But for the most part, I really don't see why people have such a huge problem with dubbed Games and Anime. Most of the dubs are at least on par with or maybe even better than the original, but then there's also times when the Japanese version is obviously better *coughBatenKaitoscough* than the dub. But generally, I actually like the dubbed versions better, not just because I think it sounds better but because I can actually understand what they're saying without staring at the bottom of the screen the whole time.

So to sum up that rant, if you like the original better than the dub, fine. But don't tell me that "TEH DUB IZ SOOOOOO HORRIBLE!!!!!1!!11one!!" when the dub is at least passable in terms of quality and the original sounds like someone talking to his twin brothers in a tone that makes it seem like they're watching paint dry.

*Sigh...* Alright, let me have it.

*Puts up Flame Shield*

*Lights the Beacons in hope that Rohan will come to my aid*

It's silly to begin with. I only REALLY feel the need to call out dub haters to the point where they think the Japanese version of stuff like the Boondocks is superior.

You KNOW those people exist. Even if you've never met one.

Edited by Detective Badd

So I've been sitting here punching myself in the balls just to see what would hurt more, that or typing up and posting my no doubt controversial opinion on voice acting. I miss the punching already.

I honestly don't like the majority of Japanese voice actors. Specifically in Video Games and Anime. Sure, some of that could very well be because I don't understand Japanese at all, but even then a lot of them just don't seem that good. A lot of the male VAs (I refuse to use the word "Seiyu") generally sound very similar, like they're bored and uninterested. Same thing with the female VAs, except they sound ear-piercingly high pitched.

Now please remember that I said the majority of VAs because I have noticed that when Japanese VAs get their role right, they REALLY get it right. I can tell that even though I'm just reading subtitles and listening to them talk while assuming that the words on the screen must have something to do with what they're saying.

But for the most part, I really don't see why people have such a huge problem with dubbed Games and Anime. Most of the dubs are at least on par with or maybe even better than the original, but then there's also times when the Japanese version is obviously better *coughBatenKaitoscough* than the dub. But generally, I actually like the dubbed versions better, not just because I think it sounds better but because I can actually understand what they're saying without staring at the bottom of the screen the whole time.

So to sum up that rant, if you like the original better than the dub, fine. But don't tell me that "TEH DUB IZ SOOOOOO HORRIBLE!!!!!1!!11one!!" when the dub is at least passable in terms of quality and the original sounds like someone talking to his twin brothers in a tone that makes it seem like they're watching paint dry.

*Sigh...* Alright, let me have it.

*Puts up Flame Shield*

*Lights the Beacons in hope that Rohan will come to my aid*

I agree with pretty much everything this fine individual says. Japanese original voice acting has always annoyed me, and I have always suspected that part of the reason so many people like it more is because anime kids can be kind of retarded. They all sound like little girls.