Rufus is going to be top tier.

Rodykitty

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is now my personal blog.

Trolling Grandjackal about Makoto is really funny (some people can say that Dan is better and be taken seriously), but I'm sure some expert SSF4 Makoto that plays catered towards SSF4 will prove she's at least Mid or something.

I have been losing most of my matches, except a couple of ranked ones. I'm getting better though, especially when it comes to handling pressure and learning what to do.

I also found BB on GameFAQs, but I haven't mustered up the courage to challenge him.

HEY GUYS

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/5/13/iplaywinner-may-2010-super-street-fighter-4-tier-list.html

LOOK WHO IS LISTED AS TOP TIER

This tier list in respects to what my opinions were:

- Dhalsim is not top

- The only character that I listed as a strong tournament character that isn't B or higher is Dudley

- Man, I was right, Guy sucks, but not as much as Darros.

Interesting things:

- Despite Dan being bottom, he's technically better than Sakura because he has no matchups below 4-6. The fact that he no longer has 3-7 matchups makes Dan a bit more stable character.

- Fei Long is mid tier now. I always felt like the game's balance revolved entirely around Fei Long in terms of damage and DP priority, and this tier list reflects that.

- Seth apparently has a 6-4 against Zangief instead of being a Smash Bros. Brawl matchup.

- Cody being low is very surprising, he has huge presence.

Edited by Ilyana

I also found BB on GameFAQs, but I haven't mustered up the courage to challenge him.

Don't feel like courage is the issue. Even if I didn't suck, I still wouldn't fight you. Not entirely sure why you can't get the fact that I hate your guts through your head.

Oh, and I really hope you know that tier list is totally inaccurate for reasons even I can explain. Don't even take it with a hint of salt.

Edited by Cody Travers

Tier lists have to start somewhere.

I don't know much about T.Hawk except that people complain about him in casual play. He's probably a character that needs to start losing tournaments before dropping first.

I expect:

- Cody to rise as soon as people realize they're winning with him

- Dhalsim to lose those 3.5 matchups

- Rufus to remain in top tier

Don't feel like courage is the issue. Even if I didn't suck, I still wouldn't fight you. Not entirely sure why you can't get the fact that I hate your guts through your head.

Oh, and I really hope you know that tier list is totally inaccurate for reasons even I can explain. Don't even take it with a hint of salt.

Hi.

The fact that Balrog is Top tier means this tier list is legit. See, I can name one of the few things this tier list does correctly to cement every word of it as fact, too.

Hm, to me, Makoto is the same as she is in Third Strike.

1271126340507.gif

Why do you hate his guts?

I do have to agree with this. This list is very preliminary.

The fact that Balrog is Top tier means this tier list is legit. See, I can name one of the few things this tier list does correctly to cement every word of it as fact, too.
Cool, so we agree that this is a good tier list. Edited by Ilyana

Tell people on Shoryuken that some tier list said Cody-Thawk is 6-4 Thawk. Then watch how much you get laughed at. Maybe then you'll stop worshiping this list just because the people behind it said Wong had a hand in it.

You saw the fucking thread on gamefaqs, christ. Can you honestly be this dense?

Edited by Cody Travers

I know nothing on T.Hawk, that's why I'm indifferent on that matchup (that and I haven't seen a lot of people talk about this matchup). T.Hawk, if he's like Zangief in anyway, is likely a character that's best known by pros anyway, and plays very differently at a high level.

And I worship this tier list because I totally called some of what it has (lol, Rufus is #1). I do agree with some of it, and I know its flaws will be ironed out in time. It's also hosted on a good site. The fact that we have an American tier list means that any input by the community will matter more, and it will also be relevant to our American metagame.

Okay.

Just so long as we're clear.

I know nothing on T.Hawk, that's why I'm indifferent on that matchup (that and I haven't seen a lot of people talk about this matchup). T.Hawk, if he's like Zangief in anyway, is likely a character that's best known by pros anyway, and plays very differently at a high level.

All characters are best known by pros, to be fair. He was one of the most-played characters when the game came out, and I still see T.Hawks that do little else but Tomahawks and Condor Dives.

I actually almost lost because I'm not used to wake up SRK's and random SRK's in general. It's for that reason the 2nd match was funny though. He whiffs an SRK, so I decide to Ultra (I am Fei Long). Super comes out instead, and I mistime it so I whiff and go across the screen. A little bit of blocking ensues, then he whiffs *another* SRK. This time, he eats the ultra and it goes into round 3. Everyone was laughing at the Ultra hit I pulled off.

Round 3, I have adapted to his playstyle and block his jump ins better (I kept expecting throws before). I eventually was able to space myself where I could Flame Kick his jumps. Around 60 seconds I got a life lead and we were across the screen. I was playing footsies, looking for the jump in. It wasn't happening, so I try to bait him by pressing some jabs, some medium stuff, and a heavy, before he finally started coming (I think this was because of people on the mic). Bam, Flame Kick'd. I manage to hit him with a really good Flame Kick which was a bit distanced than usual, Fei Long's foot was the only thing touching Ken.

After the match, I said on the mic, "I am going to play lame. And you will LIKE IT."