Rufus is going to be top tier.

Rodykitty

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you must be one of those people Crash. You know, the ones who explain every single thing they say and see even if it's absolutely unnecessary. People like that are annoying. And I live with three of them 8[

Oh, you must be one of those people Crash. You know, the ones who explain every single thing they say and see even if it's absolutely unnecessary. People like that are annoying. And I live with three of them 8[

And you know what? I don't give a crap what you think! 8D

Really?

YOu know, I don't believe you, for one, a serious person would at least explain what they're saying

ルーファス 4 5 6 6 5 4 6 6 5 7 4 4 6 - 6 6 5 5 6 6 6 7 6 6 5 132(+12) 4

These are Rufus' matchup numbers (I didn't bother formatting this, just know that the matchups add up to a certain number and the number of good and bad matchups).

The 4-6 matchups are against Ryu, Sagat, M.Bison, and Zangief.

Three out of four of those characters got nerfed quite a bit. Rufus has 5-5 or 6-4 against everyone else. Rufus got no real nerfs other than damage output (which every character in the game except Dhalsim received).

M.Bison got buffed, so that matchup will be worse for Rufus, but still, it's clear that most of Rufus' bad match ups will be much better, and he'll continue to chew on and eat the rest of the cast.

Edited by Ilyana

Seriously, though, I'm stoked to try out Makoto. Though along with you everyone on other boards tends to say that she has shit for options.

Dudley also looks pretty awesome, and I've been hearing that Juri has some neat abilities.

Dudley is going to be excellent, but isn't looking as top tier as Justin Wong made him look with the combo vid, but may be top tier regardless.

Dhalsim is going to be top tier, in fact this thread needs to be renamed "Dhalsim is going to be top tier". Dhalsim already had an even matchup with Sagat in Vanilla, and can control matches with an incredibly tact player. Now his damage got buffed (compared to everyone else's damage getting nerfed) and his rush down with drills has been improved, as well as new matchups that may be in his favor (such as Dudley).

A lot of times I've seen a video or live stream of someone playing Makoto, I see her stuff get blocked and punished.

M. Bison is so good now. Half the time I've seen a new character in action, M. Bison is laying the smack down on them in the corner, especially Makoto which is hilarious.

Guile is great now. Daigo using him in semi-serious matches makes this obvious. Guile's zoning game is ridiculously good now.

So I quite like Makoto. I can see why she'd be mid-tier, as her anti-air is fucking HORRIBLE, and it seems like her options for extremely close-range combat are limited, but her overall strength and ability to hold off opponents at mid-range is genuinely fun. That, and her first Ultra is fucking awesome.

Also, what do you mean Rufus is top tier? He had no buffs, only nerfs to his Snake Strike and Messiah Kick, especially when using Super meter. In addition, his second Ultra is pretty terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of predicting a tier list, I'm going to list a bunch of characters that I think are gonna be viable.

This isn't ordered as I have to think of characters as they come into my head.

Strong tournament characters:

Gouki/Akuma

Dictator

Boxer

Rufus

Ryu

Ken

Ibuki

T. Hawk

Sagat

Dudley

Cody

Guile

DJ

Seth

Dhalsim

Abel

Chun Li

E. Honda

C. Viper

El Furete

Unsure/don't know:

Rose

Gen

Adon

Juri

Blanka

Will struggle or are nonviable:

Makoto

Fei Long

Cammy

Claw

Guy

Gouken

Zangief

Sakura

Hakan

Better AND manlier than Brawl's Captain Falcon:

Dan

Edited by Ilyana

Instead of predicting a tier list, I'm going to list a bunch of characters that I think are gonna be viable.

This isn't ordered as I have to think of characters as they come into my head.

Strong tournament characters:

Gouki/Akuma

Dictator

Boxer

Rufus

Ryu

Ken

Ibuki

T. Hawk

Sagat

Dudley

Cody

Guile

DJ

Seth

Dhalsim

Abel

Chun Li

E. Honda

C. Viper

Unsure/don't know:

Gen

Adon

Juri

Blanka

Will struggle or are nonviable:

Makoto

Fei Long

Cammy

Claw

Guy

Gouken

Zangief

Sakura

Hakan

The lack of Dan the Man saddens me ;_;

EDIT: That's better.

Edited by Dio

So yeah, Makoto is next to impossible to use effectively. Worst walk-speed in the game, zero wakeup, a fucking useless command-grab that loses out to like everything else in the goddamn game, and easily punishable by any long-range character.

I've gotten relatively good with her but every single battle where an opponent even thinks about properly blocking is a fucking nightmare.

So basically, Makoto is Cammy for 3S fans.

They released hitboxes for every character. Makoto's are really bad, they don't even extend beyond the wrists of her hands for her command grab and such.

I've been maining Guy. He sucks because he's gimmicky, but he doesn't suck anywhere near as much as Gouken. I like being able to something when I'm pinned in the corner (jumping off the wall is hilarious. "Bye, dude!")

Edited by Ilyana

They basically took the awesomeness of Makoto from 3S and shat on it. Then pissed on their newly made shit while laughing hysterically. And yeah, the hitboxes for her grabs don't extend beyond the wrists of her hands. What's worse, her EX grab barely even makes it past her fucking elbows, if that. What the fuck.

I've been trying out Cody, and I like his style. Feels like he has some nice options, with a fairly decent anti-air, some apparently alright wake-up, and a functioning damage output with workable combos.