Rufus is going to be top tier.

Rodykitty

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I worship this tier list because I totally called some of what it has (lol, Rufus is #1).

And that's another thing, Rufus is NOT number 1. Rufus has been nerfed to where it's noticeable, Balrog hasn't even been touched. Balrog was previously above Rufus and totally destroys in a lot of new matchups (Makoto comes to mind right away, and I'm pretty sure Cody can't answer to him either, but that's only if Dash Punches beat Ruffian Kick, which I don't know if they do) Balrog was already above Rufus in SF4. Getting the picture?

This tier list has more than "a few flaws". It's the very shallow beginnings of what is to come, and nothing more than that. In a couple months it's not going to even look like the same list. And I'll be laughing my ass off when revision 2 comes out and it looks nothing like the previous list.

I think Cody is a tier over C. Viper. </guess_who?>

No, but I would be betting a whole lot he is the same tier as C.Viper.

Fix the Cody-Thawk matchup to 6-4 Cody (and this is me being generous as most people agree it's at least 7-3) and he totals up to 164.5, which is basically right next to B tier people. If that chart sandbagged him out of just one other matchup (I think him having any worse is unlikely as they're all 4s and 5s) that he blatantly wins, he's B tier for positive.

Furthermore, guess what else fixing the Cody-Thawk matchup does? It sends Thawk down to B tier.

Edited by Cody Travers

Rufus has been nerfed to where it's noticeable
You know who else has been nerfed noticeably? Ryu & Sagat, two of his bad matchups. He just got an Ultra that answers characters like these directly. Rufus may be overall worse now, but in trade for being able to answer any character now.
Balrog was already above Rufus in SF4. Getting the picture?
They're sitting right next to each other on the latest Japanese Wiki list. They are tied purely in numbers. I believe the main reason Balrog is listed above Rufus is because of the Sagat matchup, which will be improved for Rufus in Super.
This tier list has more than "a few flaws". It's the very shallow beginnings of what is to come, and nothing more than that. In a couple months it's not going to even look like the same list. And I'll be laughing my ass off when revision 2 comes out and it looks nothing like the previous list.
Like Haunts said in his forum post on SRK, if this tier list was released later people would still disagree with it. Things will be fixed, but I am defending stuff I think will remain consistent or are reflective of the metagame as it is NOW or coming from SF4. Edited by Ilyana

You know who else has been nerfed noticeably? Ryu & Sagat, two of his bad matchups. He just got an Ultra that answers characters like these directly. Rufus may be overall worse now, but in trade for being able to answer any character now.

What are you talking about? His second Ultra is pretty garbage compared to his first. It doesn't have any combo usage, and it's only going to work on players that have never seen it before, or someone that is completely careless.

His first is one of the reasons that he's so good. It's cake to combo into it.

Like Haunts said in his forum post on SRK, if this tier list was released later people would still disagree with it. Things will be fixed, but I am defending stuff I think will remain consistent or are reflective of the metagame as it is NOW or coming from SF4.

I'm willing to bet that the most top tier characters are probably going to remain similar to SSFIV's.

What are you talking about? His second Ultra is pretty garbage compared to his first. It doesn't have any combo usage, and it's only going to work on players that have never seen it before, or someone that is completely careless.
It can be used to make an opponent afraid to throw fireballs. Obviously he'll use U1 for any other matchup where he can approach comfortably.
I'm willing to bet that the most top tier characters are probably going to remain similar to SSFIV's.
Yep. For those characters it's going to be a juggle for #1 (I don't expect Rufus to remain #1 nor do I care) based on whatever matchups end up changing slightly. Edited by Ilyana

It can be used to make an opponent afraid to throw fireballs. Obviously he'll use U1 for any other matchup where he can approach comfortably.

So can Chun-li's first Ultra. That doesn't mean it's not a pile of shit otherwise.

Which is ironic, because I like the look of Rufus' second one more, same with Chun's first. Hell, the same holds with Makoto's first, Cody's first, Akuma's second...

WHY DO I LIKE ALL THE SHITTY ULTRAS?!

That it's a charge move doesn't really matter a massive amount. You're able to get Rufus' off much quicker, but that doesn't matter much when it's being used as fireball deterrent, since putting it up only takes a second of charge that can be started in any place. Hell, I've had it work more times precisely because it's a charge move. It lulls people into a false sense of security when they don't pay attention.

Why would her second Ultra be good in fireball matchups?

And I'll be laughing my ass off when revision 2 comes out and it looks nothing like the previous list.
*watches Guile shoot to A+*

(This is technically the third revision).

EDIT: Oh, hey. Rose moved up on IPW's tier list as well.

Edited by Ilyana