Mafia HQ

Tables

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I think everything is correct. If anybody notices any mistakes, normal procedure.

You suck at me.

Also, if people want a cohost, you should probably ask in this thread.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Yeah, I agree that Proto is probably experienced enough. Can you link to the other games you hosted just for transparancy's sake?

Edit: JB, you've run a few games, unless you want someone else to check your games it's not necessary. If you do then that's fine too (I seek co-mods often too). Was Greek Gods a mini game? If not I'll move it and yeah

Sure thang

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cliff_Hanger/index.php?showtopic=14450

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cliff_Hanger/index.php?showtopic=23105

None of them turned out that well, but both the problems occurred well after the game started.

JB, if you want someone to check the balance, I'd be happy to do it for you. Now that I'm on the other side of the world, there's less of a chance that I can actually play Mafia and concentrate on it.

K then. I'll PM you the role PMs for SS mafia once I'm done with all of them.

EDIT: And pfft. I'm in Asia and I can concentrate on mafia just fine. =D

Edited by JB25

Lightning, I am ashamed. I could start complaining too! :awesome:

And I should send Fayt my thing since it's coming up soon. I just have like......wait, no, I think I finished setting the items and writing roles.

Cool, I'm done. :P

Lightning, I am ashamed. I could start complaining too! :awesome:

>implying I care about your opinion on the matter

... Would now be too early to send someone SF mafia info, by the way?

>implying I care about your opinion on the matter

... Would now be too early to send someone SF mafia info, by the way?

I assume you're going ahead with it?

Send it to me. I'm going to be holding your hand the entire way through. No buts about it.

To start with, you'll need a game outline, roles (with descriptions of powers, especially for anything non-standard), and general useful information (PMs/No PMs, personal thoughts on balance (this is technically not needed, but if you try and explain why you think it's balanced you'll probably see where some of the flaws are yourself - if there are any) etc.) The general idea is though, the more information you can send, the better.

Also, am I correct in thinking you haven't played many games here yet? It might be best to wait until you have, but if you're confident now in running a game and a verifier approves (I'd be happy to do this one), we won't stop you

Also, am I correct in thinking you haven't played many games here yet? It might be best to wait until you have, but if you're confident now in running a game and a verifier approves (I'd be happy to do this one), we won't stop you

I haven't had a chance to play any games here yet (the only game where I wasn't signed up as a sub was Lightning's most recent one...), but I've played many games in real life. I've also read most of the other Mafia game topics here, since I think they're interesting and fun to read. ...Is that weird? Anyway, I'll probably try and play in as many of the games that are on the queue now before my game would start, anyway.

I've just started putting my game together (I have roles written and a spreadsheet made, but nothing's set in stone yet), and I wanted to know what I need to get on pen and paper Word now, and what I can afford to take some more time with. This is mainly flavor; I'm undecided about whether to make it a generic town vs. mafia game, or if I should try to make more of a story, with characters and feeling. It depends on how much faith I have in my skill as a writer.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I've just started putting my game together (I have roles written and a spreadsheet made, but nothing's set in stone yet), and I wanted to know what I need to get on pen and paper Word now, and what I can afford to take some more time with. This is mainly flavor; I'm undecided about whether to make it a generic town vs. mafia game, or if I should try to make more of a story, with characters and feeling. It depends on how much faith I have in my skill as a writer.

My problem with story games is that flavour often gives mafia members away. Take me and Core in Bizz's first game. We were lovers (character-wise) and on the same mafia team. So when I got lynched, anyone with half a brain should have (and probably did, can't remember) figured out that Core was the next logical lynch, even if he was innocent.

I personally don't like story games. Others do. If you want to make it a story game, I advise you to be very careful with the full role PMs and stuff.

My problem with story games is that flavour often gives mafia members away. Take me and Core in Bizz's first game. We were lovers (character-wise) and on the same mafia team. So when I got lynched, anyone with half a brain should have (and probably did, can't remember) figured out that Core was the next logical lynch, even if he was innocent.

I personally don't like story games. Others do. If you want to make it a story game, I advise you to be very careful with the full role PMs and stuff.

Thank you, that's a good point. I haven't played in a game with story yet anyway. Add that with my lack of confidence in myself as a writer, and I'll probably skip the story, or keep it very simple.

Thank you, that's a good point. I haven't played in a game with story yet anyway. Add that with my lack of confidence in myself as a writer, and I'll probably skip the story, or keep it very simple.

Remember, I'm not saying "don't do it, it's a terrible idea". I'm just pointing out that if you want to go through with it, you have to be incredibly careful.

Remember, I'm not saying "don't do it, it's a terrible idea". I'm just pointing out that if you want to go through with it, you have to be incredibly careful.

Yeah, I know. A story would be nice, but I don't want to ruin a good game of Mafia because I screwed up with the flavor.

I'm going to get my ideas on Word and see what I can do. If I think I can pull it off, I'll try it. Otherwise, I'll go with the safer route.