Advance WArs

TheAngelOfDeath

Days of Ruin is pretty rad. Granted it's the only AW game Ive played. But still.

Isabella makes me go 'Ahhhhn~!' sometimes.

AW:DS was better than DoR, in my opinion.

Heck, DS's hard mode was almost as hard as Radiant Dawn's easy mode, part 1...

I think that Advance Wars is so much easier than FE...

Have you tried AW2's War Room? That place is unforgiving. It's like FE5. Sorta.

Have you tried AW2's War Room? That place is unforgiving. It's like FE5. Sorta.

No, I've only played AW:DS and AW:DoR/DC

But seriously, I think that FE is much harder than AW. I wonder if anyone agrees with me...

I've played the 2 AW's for GBA on emulator, I really liked them, but I've never finished either of them.

I've also downloaded the one for DS, but my laptop is too slow to play it.

I use too many FE strategies in AW, so I always fail. FE is easier IMO.

AW1 had that AI that targeted APCs for no reason and made the game a spot easier than it should have been.

AW2 is probably my favorite. Campaign and war room were solid, especially Green Earth on hard and two-on-one maps in the war room. Granted the AI was predictable enough to follow turn-by-turn strategies to beat but only pansies look those up.

No, I've only played AW:DS and AW:DoR/DC

But seriously, I think that FE is much harder than AW. I wonder if anyone agrees with me...

AWDS was a cakewalk. It's one of the few games I know where hard mode is easier than normal. It was fun though.

As for AW and FE difficulty relating to each other, it all depends on which game, what difficulty, who you're using etc. Kind of tough to measure.

And DoR was the best in terms of multiplayer, just because it didn't have anyone or anything that was really impossible to deal with (read: Colin, Hachi, Sensei, infantry/mech spam) besides the obviously broken final boss.

AW:DS was better than DoR, in my opinion.

finally someone who shares my opinions!

I hated DoR for what it did to the look and feel of advance wars.

AW:DS was probably my favorite, even though CO powers were overpowered beyond belief (that was half the fun :P ) I just felt all the CO's got really nerfed in DoR, to the point where it didn't matter who you picked they all really played the same.

In AW:DS, the Dual Strike of Drake and Olaf rips basically everything to shreds. You take a normal turn with Drake, and at the end of your turn, you use the dual strike. This is because Drake's Dual Strike causes FoW (if you have adequate detection/are already in FoW, then you can start the dual strike at the start of your turn). So now all enemy units lose two health, and have their fuel halved. But wait, there's more! Now you swap out to Olaf, who takes off another 2 health from every enemy unit, and they now use twice the regular amount of fuel for the next two turns.

I hated DoR for what it did to the look and feel of advance wars.

AW:DS was probably my favorite, even though CO powers were overpowered beyond belief (that was half the fun :P ) I just felt all the CO's got really nerfed in DoR, to the point where it didn't matter who you picked they all really played the same.

Tabitha and Caulder were still OP'ed by a lot, but other than that, I agree with that assessment.

Yeah, I tend to like DoR the most mainly because of the weaker CO effects and generally better balance (from my experience, at least). CO powers were okay I guess, but something like the double turn system in dual strike was just ridiculous.

Didn't really care for DoR's new xtreme serious business environment that much though, but I guess it's kind of an improvement over the previous titles' overbearing cheerfulness.