Team Help?

Gamer7625

Me and my friends are gonna battle in awhile we agreed on our guys to be level 60. I want a good team (as they have gotten more into team building as I have) that can be very good it's not a competitive team but I still want a good team for casual play.

It revolves around Salamence and I think it it very good though i want opinions...

Infernape-Focus Sash

Nature: Naive

Ability: Blaze

Stealth Rock

Flamethrower

Close Combat

Fake Out

My lead in Pokemon starts with Fake Out then can choose to use rocks or something else. Naive nature for speed and allowing Focus Sash to activate easier for Blaze guarantee. Not much to say he is more of a suicide...

Forretress-Leftovers

Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Sturdy

Spikes

Protect

Rapid Spin

Gyro Ball

Spiker! Protect to allow him to hopefully keep his HP up. Relaxed nature helps Gyro Ball damage as he gets slower for more defense. I know my friends will use Stealth Rock so I needed a Spinner and he resists it and is pretty good for a lure for Heatran.

Salamence-Life Orb

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Intimidate

Earthquake

Dragon Claw

Fire Fang

Roost

My teams main Pokemon! With Spikes and Stealth Rock I didn't think Dragon Dance was needed so I gave him Fire Fang for perfect coverage with Dragon Claw and EQ. He is paired up with Metagross Latias and Heatran quite well I can pick and choose which to use and make adjustments in attack and defense. Dragon Claw for STAB, Earthquake for coverage and power, and Fire Fang for what the other moves don't cover. Roost for healing and a good thing with Life Orb.

Metagross-Muscle Band

Nature: Impish

Ability: Clear Body

Meteor Mash

Ice Punch

Thunder Punch

Brick Break

Meteor Mash for STAB Ice Punch and Thunder Punch for great coverage able to beating rock types he may switch into with Salamence and Thunder Punch for annoying types (Gyrados is a possibility. His last move I'm not fully sure. Brick Break can be good for Ice types and T-Tar (another possibility) but Bullet Punch has priority... Me and my friends don't like Choice items so I figured Muscle band would give me a boost and I wouldn't be locked in.

Heatran-Leftovers

Nature: Modest

Ability: Flash Fire

Flamethrower

Dragon Pulse

Rest

Sleep Talk

He can take sleep, not only cuz there is a chance for a sleep user but also it helps him survive. He comes in for Fire weaknesses and other weaknesses and then hits hard. No Earth Power cuz he learns it too late for when we want to first battle I settled on Dragon Pulse. Flamethrower for obvious STAB.

Latias-Leftovers

Nature: Hardy (caught him like that before I cared)

Ability: Levatate

Wish

Protect

Surf

Dragon Pulse

Wish support! Can be used in interesting ways with Salamence and is a good Special Tank. Protect allows Wish and leftovers to have time (obviously may not always pass wish) Dragon Pulse for STAB Surf for added type coverage.

Edited by Knight of Zero

Looks good idk if u can have sr and spikes at the same time tho and ur using salamence as a mixed sweeper? I say go all physical so u can put all evs to attack and speed. Instead of flamethrower maybe use brick break, aqua tail, or fire fang actually I guess u font use dragon dance like I do so mybe u would be ok and put recover on latias instead of surf if u want it to be a wall, if u want it to fight use soul dew (if allowed) and switch protect for energy ball or thunderbolt and keep surf

Edited by rslfan

Thanks for the responce. I'm gonna change his Flamethrower to Fire Fang guess in the long run it's probably more damage. Dragon Dance would be great but since I'm switching so much I don't want him to always have to set up getting hurt. His nature changes to Jolly then. I found out we can get a Beldum in SoulSilver so I can make a new one! I decided Brick Break for it's last move and it's Nature is Impish (in case you aren't looking at my changes above) Latias will have Recover...

Latias is female. If your one is actually blue, then it's Latios.

28jdzpl.png

Nice

Your team looks okay so far but I'm not entirely sure if you'll be able to sweep with it. Salamence seems like your fastest sweeper but without Dragon Dance, there are plenty of Pokemon that can outspeed his base 100 Speed and kill him first. Salamence also doesn't like switching too much, thanks to Stealth Rock. And yes, while Forretress can always Rapid Spin, it's not wise to rely on it when the enemy might have a Ghost type like Dusknoir or Spiritomb. Metagross and Heatran are both really slow and your Latias seems like a supporter instead of a sweeper. So yeah, Dragon Dance IS a good idea.

Infernape and Forretress seem fine. I recommend Agility on Metagross since he'll actually have a chance of sweeping with his speed doubled. Earthquake also looks like a good option for him, as well as STAB Zen Headbutt. Heatran is good but why Lava Plume over Flamethrower?

As for Latias, I don't see the point of having Wish+Protect+Recover. Recover already provides instant healing whereas the Wish+Protect combination gives the enemy a free turn to set up on you. I think you should drop Protect for Surf, since Dragon+Water allows you to hit everyone except Empoleon for at least neutral damage.

Latias is female. If your one is actually blue, then it's Latios.

28jdzpl.png

Nice

Your team looks okay so far but I'm not entirely sure if you'll be able to sweep with it. Salamence seems like your fastest sweeper but without Dragon Dance, there are plenty of Pokemon that can outspeed his base 100 Speed and kill him first. Salamence also doesn't like switching too much, thanks to Stealth Rock. And yes, while Forretress can always Rapid Spin, it's not wise to rely on it when the enemy might have a Ghost type like Dusknoir or Spiritomb. Metagross and Heatran are both really slow and your Latias seems like a supporter instead of a sweeper. So yeah, Dragon Dance IS a good idea.

Infernape and Forretress seem fine. I recommend Agility on Metagross since he'll actually have a chance of sweeping with his speed doubled. Earthquake also looks like a good option for him, as well as STAB Zen Headbutt. Heatran is good but why Lava Plume over Flamethrower?

As for Latias, I don't see the point of having Wish+Protect+Recover. Recover already provides instant healing whereas the Wish+Protect combination gives the enemy a free turn to set up on you. I think you should drop Protect for Surf, since Dragon+Water allows you to hit everyone except Empoleon for at least neutral damage.

Thank you for the responce. It is Latias I'm using. I may change Recover back to Surf after what you said. My friends I will be battling the only ghost type I see as a possibility is Gengar and the one who will likes Hypnosis+Dream Eater so I would use heatran as a sleep absorber so Gengar isn't trouble really. I should use Flamethrower shouldn't I for heatran? Lol that will be changed. Agility is an interesting option I may think of. Do you think it and DD would be good with the switching I will have to do???

And thanks for posting the chart. I was wanting to use it but didn't know if I could, I used that site when building it to try and cover my weaknesses pretty well. :D

Maybe I should go into my friends and what they could possibly use...

One of them loves powerful Pokemon and only uses attacks doesn't care about anything else but attacks. Loves Dragons and other powerhouses (normally has all three starters for generation and ultimate attacks)

His brother actually is harder he builds his teams more and will use other attacks (stealth rock etc) he uses strategy and tactics though he won't build his team to cover each other he will obviously have some coverage depending on what he uses. he likes to train multiple Pokemon at once and use whatever he wants a s a team.

My other friend uses a normal balanced ingame team nothing special...

Edited by Knight of Zero