Lightning's FE4 Mafia

riariadne

Okay, I'm going to be honest. My first game was pretty awful. So I've decided to move on to my next game: FE4 mafia. This game is focused on the first generation.

Sign-ups are Now open! I'm just making the topic now so people know what it's about. Additionally, starting sign-ups too early can result in people doing not participating due to loss of interest. I also need to see if the roles are fair, the balance between town/ mafia is even, and if anybody wants to assist running the game when it starts.

Planned roles:

-I am Narga.

-Grandbell Empire is the Mafia.

-Alvis replaces the godfather.

-Reptor is the secret and double voter for the Mafia.

-Langobalt is the Mafia's bulletproof.

-Manfroy is the Interceptor.

-Andrei performs kills for the mafia when he's alive.

-Sigurd has the same role as Ike in my FE10 mafia. Actions reduced from 2 to 3.

-There is no knowledgeable role this time. That one sucked.

-Lachesis is the secret/double voter for town.

-Aideen is the doctor.

-Briggid is the Vigilante. Arrows reduced from 4 to 3.

-Levin is the cop.

-Lex is the bulletproof for town.

-Eltshan will be the miller.

-Fury is the Bus Driver.

-Trabant is the Serial Killer.

There is money in this game.

Edited by Lightning

Lightning, since your first try was basically a wash, why are you trying again? Why not wait a while before sign-ups?

Edited by Life

Hmm... this looks like an almost identical setup to last time. Perhaps you should change a few more roles around, or something? I'm not really sure. Plus, it's very hard to gauge how fair things will be until you know how many players there'll be, but with the right roles, I'm sure you can find something balanced.

I took out a few people from the town, and I'm thinking of changing one of the mafia roles into an Interceptor. We haven't played a game with one of them yet here.

Also, I forgot to list Briggid as the vigilante, and maybe the possibility that instead of Trabant being a Mafia he could be Serial Killer.

I'm also considering using money like it was used in Tables' game.

Edited by Lightning

These games are getting too bogged down with roles lol.

Don't we usually have 20 players or something? When the role count goes over half the players playing I sort of get turned off.

These games are getting too bogged down with roles lol.

Don't we usually have 20 players or something? When the role count goes over half the players playing I sort of get turned off.

Unfortunately, I take the opposite view. To me, sitting around being a townie with no role or power is really boring and not a lot of fun (among other things, you're prone to an early lynch). Of course, in my first game, everyone had a role, and so it ended up getting really wacky, which probably wasn't a lot of fun either. Still, I think that there is a balance somewhere between the two extremes.

If you want to use money, perhaps we could talk so we can ensure there's balance?

And I agree with having too many roles. A few roles are staples of the game, such as Cop and Doctor, but too many just makes things confusing. I tried to strike a balance in my game - 5 of the 12 townies had roles, and 2 of the 4 mafia. But having money with that helps keep the citizen roles interesting in my opinion - you don't have any normal power and you're just scumhunting, but on the other hand you occasionally get to do something interesting.

I'm love the games with no roles but my own game has tons of roles for the sake of "you can be on any mafia team". So I'm divided.

Look, if you want my honest opinion, I can give it to you. I can also give you ways to improve but I'm not even sure if you'll listen to me. I'm not saying these things because I think (or "know" since that whole thing was an act even though I still need to spell it out for the slower people here) that I'm better at Mafia than you. I'm saying it because I want to help you.

Ah, okay. I thought you might be referring to that Mini-Mafia game.

I wonder who is better out of us two though... both of us can get pretty creative, I think you might just have the edge since I'm not so hot as mafia.

Townies are underrated lol. You're not completely useless; you can be a meat shield for one night and don't disrupt the balance of power for your side when you die. If you're lynched... well... that sucks, I guess, but it's still a lot less embarrassing for the town than lynching the detective or bodyguard.

I've only been lynched once and I have a tendency to die right before the late game, which is when things start getting desperate, so I can die with at least knowing the mafia just wasted their bullet. I've actually had more fun being a nobody than being a Doctor/Seer/Mist because I die a lot faster because I have less pressure riding on my shoulders.

Ah, okay. I thought you might be referring to that Mini-Mafia game.

I wonder who is better out of us two though... both of us can get pretty creative, I think you might just have the edge since I'm not so hot as mafia.

It's more of a "Lightning slapped together a bunch of power roles and called it a balanced game of Mafia" issue. I can go in depth on other things but I won't say anything if he doesn't want to hear it.

The nice thing about my game is that it's pretty balanced to begin with. No killing on Night 0, Godfather can't be killed on the first 2 nights, I can have a lot of power roles since everyone is recruiting people and balance pretty much exists because it's a "you choose your fate" style of game... Yeah.

It's more of a "Lightning slapped together a bunch of power roles and called it a balanced game of Mafia" issue. I can go in depth on other things but I won't say anything if he doesn't want to hear it.

I think it really sucks to have no powers and just be a normal, so I gave a lot of powers out. And I never said I balanced it right. I completely admit that I made the town way too good.

Also, probably going to remove nurse role.

^Not Ardan, but Beowulf's a maybe. I was also considering Tltyu considering that whole "I'm the daughter of one of the main antagonists" thing.

I think it really sucks to have no powers and just be a normal, so I gave a lot of powers out. And I never said I balanced it right. I completely admit that I made the town way too good.

Also, probably going to remove nurse role.

^Not Ardan, but Beowulf's a maybe. I was also considering Tltyu considering that whole "I'm the daughter of one of the main antagonists" thing.

There's one of your problems. If you don't have a power role, suck it up and use your brain. Don't cry about it.

Also, the fact that you miscounted the FIRST vote possible and lynched the wrong person doesn't make me confident in your hosting abilities.

I think it's just more fun to have a power role than not, and it keeps the game interesting, if a bit hectic.

I miscounted because of the secret/double voters. Probably shouldn't have so many of them, but whatever.

I think it's just more fun to have a power role than not, and it keeps the game interesting, if a bit hectic.

Dude, it's not about the size of your dick, it's how you use it. Ulki's had awesome roles in the past 2 big games (Jack-of-all-trades and Deputy) and look how he's used them. Like utter shit.

Since I'm picking specific roles for people, I want to pick an awesome role for you and Ulki that involves lots of thinking. However I'm worried that if I give you guys those roles, you'll under-perform as them and they won't be as awesome as they could be. But once again, it's not about the magnitude of the role, it's how you use it. I can use Townie better than you can use Cop, for instance. That's not me bragging, that's me looking back at past games and saying that it really doesn't matter what I get stuck with.