Whenever I'm eating peas...

...I always spear them one-by-one or two-by-two or shovelful-by-shovelful with my fork/spoon and eat them as rigorously as I can without touching the rest of my food. I am then able to savor the entire meal as it was meant to be eaten. If they're mixed in, rather than in a pile, I'll poke them out as soon as I see them and eat them alone.

I like most vegetables quite a lot, but I do this because I don't like peas. Why not peas? Why do I have this obsession with eating them all off the plate/out of the bowl before anything else?

Save the best for last.

You're basically eating what you don't like first, so you're only left with what you do like.

I do this with cereal :mellow:

*makes damn sure that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the last cereal left*

I've been made fun of (actually, by you, Integ D:<) because I eat in circles around the plate/bowl, regardless of how much I like the food on/in it.

Peas are a'ight. Many things are only a'ight, though, when put up next to the wonder-food that is CORN.

Hell yeah, corn!

I've been made fun of (actually, by you, Integ D:<) because I eat in circles around the plate/bowl, regardless of how much I like the food on/in it.

Peas are a'ight. Many things are only a'ight, though, when put up next to the wonder-food that is CORN.

Hell yeah, corn!

I had an ear and a half of smoked corn for dinner a little while ago. It was pretty dang good too. :)

I had an ear and a half of smoked corn for dinner a little while ago. It was pretty dang good too. :)

Hot damn. Of course it's good. It's corn O:

My corn supplies are just boxes of the canned stuff. Still, canned corn is awesome.

Hot damn. Of course it's good. It's corn O:

My corn supplies are just boxes of the canned stuff. Still, canned corn is awesome.

I can't say that I particularly like the canned stuff... :/

But smoked/grilled corn is dang good.

Vegetables...gross.

Somehow I have managed to keep my 5 year old taste buds. I can't stand vegetables. With the exception of corn(not technically a vegetable) and potatoes sometimes.

Side note: Fruits are delicious though.

Potatoes are awesome however you make them. Boiled, baked, fried, grilled...they're all delicious!

Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew. Po-ta-toes, Po-ta-toes.

Edited by acey555

...I always spear them one-by-one or two-by-two or shovelful-by-shovelful with my fork/spoon and eat them as rigorously as I can without touching the rest of my food. I am then able to savor the entire meal as it was meant to be eaten. If they're mixed in, rather than in a pile, I'll poke them out as soon as I see them and eat them alone.

I like most vegetables quite a lot, but I do this because I don't like peas. Why not peas? Why do I have this obsession with eating them all off the plate/out of the bowl before anything else?

I dunno, but I'm the exact same way! :blink:

...:mellow:

It must be the peas' fault. :)