Black Fang Mafia

Balcerzak

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I admit that did sound kinda suspicious Fayt.

Maybe it was because I used an ability that I haven't revealed yet? Anyway, the Mafia obviously wants to kill me, since I'm the doctor and no one has CC'ed so far this game. They can't kill clears until I die, right? Because obviously, I'll protect them.

And yet, I haven't been hit for three days. Isn't that odd?

So, I'll tell you guys the rest of the story now.

We're out of bulletproofs, right? I hope so, otherwise we're wasting another lynch.

There was only one kill last night, so the SK must have gotten hit. Sounds reasonable, eh?

And the mafia clearly targeted me, right?

But what if the driver stepped in and switched me with someone? Say, Sync the Tempest?

Think about it. He hasn't been here for several days, and he probably has no good reason to shoot me as a result. The mafia, on the other hand does. So if they shot me (reasonable, right?) and the blow was deflected to Sync, and there was no second kill, that means that either the mafia hit the SK (in which case they'll take the SK out tonight) or the mafia aimed for me, and the blow was deflected. Clearly, the SK targeted Crysta, since scum doesn't kill scum. That means that it's exceedingly likely that the SK got hit.

Now, the question remains - How would I know who the driver switched? There are no PM's right?

The answer, of course, is that I am the driver. And I switched myself with Sync last night. So that means that it's almost certain that Sync is the SK.

Hence my vote.

So you're the carriage driver... and the doctor.

... Okay, I wouldn't even put that role in a game, and I was the one who brought up the idea "maybe there's an unlyncahble mafia".

Maybe it was because I used an ability that I haven't revealed yet? Anyway, the Mafia obviously wants to kill me, since I'm the doctor and no one has CC'ed so far this game. They can't kill clears until I die, right? Because obviously, I'll protect them.

And yet, I haven't been hit for three days. Isn't that odd?

So, I'll tell you guys the rest of the story now.

We're out of bulletproofs, right? I hope so, otherwise we're wasting another lynch.

There was only one kill last night, so the SK must have gotten hit. Sounds reasonable, eh?

And the mafia clearly targeted me, right?

But what if the driver stepped in and switched me with someone? Say, Sync the Tempest?

Think about it. He hasn't been here for several days, and he probably has no good reason to shoot me as a result. The mafia, on the other hand does. So if they shot me (reasonable, right?) and the blow was deflected to Sync, and there was no second kill, that means that either the mafia hit the SK (in which case they'll take the SK out tonight) or the mafia aimed for me, and the blow was deflected. Clearly, the SK targeted Crysta, since scum doesn't kill scum. That means that it's exceedingly likely that the SK got hit.

Now, the question remains - How would I know who the driver switched? There are no PM's right?

The answer, of course, is that I am the driver. And I switched myself with Sync last night. So that means that it's almost certain that Sync is the SK.

Hence my vote.

Liar, I'm the carriage driver. You're right; the SK must have targeted Crysta, and the Mafia targeted the SK, whoever the hell it is. Still, let's look at the remaining players. With the doctor dead, Spoon is an open target. Would it not make sense to target him, since he's unlynchable? Then again, wouldn't the carriage driver want to switch Spoon with someone else? You're also a target, as you yourself pointed out. Mafia would want to target one of the two of you to eliminate a bigger threat. I switched Spoon with the Dragonslayer last night, and if the mafia targeted Spoon, then Dragonslayer's SK, otherwise if they targeted you, you're SK. After that post you made about "jeopardising your safety if you revealed it", I'm more inclined to believe you're the SK.

Liar, I'm the bus driver. You're right; the SK must have targeted Crysta, and the Mafia targeted the SK, whoever the hell it is. Still, let's look at the remaining players. With the doctor dead, Spoon is an open target. Would it not make sense to target him, since he's unlynchable? Then again, wouldn't the bus driver want to switch Spoon with someone else? You're also a target, as you yourself pointed out. Mafia would want to target one of the two of you to eliminate a bigger threat. I switched Spoon with the Dragonslayer last night, and if the mafia targeted Spoon, then Dragonslayer's SK, otherwise if they targeted you, you're SK. After that post you made about "jeopardising your safety if you revealed it", I'm more inclined to believe you're the SK.

Fixed.

@Fayt: Another possibility is, in fact, that the mafia and SK might not have bought your claim and instead concluded that you were the Bomb or something, and might not have targeted you after all. If we just assume that to be the case for a second, your carriage driver claim is entirely unfounded.

Also, the fact that there was no CC to your doctor claim doesn't mean a whole lot. If the doctor revealed himself, he'd basically be screaming to the mafia/SK "kill me!". And since we don't know which roles there are in this game, it's entirely possible that we don't even have a doctor at all.

You have been acting terribly suspicious all along, really.

Vote Fayt Zelpher.

I'm still not convinced that you are clear Raymond. Let us consider what a mafia unlynchable would look like.

It would likely only be able to stop itself from being lynched once, and having to forfeit your kill that night would be another thing that could happen. And there was one kill last night. In any event, both Fayt and Sync are claiming Bus Driver. So as I see it, this is what I can see happening:

1. Sync is lynched, and is serial killer. Fayt is still unclear, as he could be a mafia bus driver, and would know that the mafia's failed kill of Sync means that he's the serial killer, and wants to get Sync lynched for some credibility.

2. Sync is lynched, and is bus driver. We should then lynch Fayt and see what happens. In this scenario, Raymond being a mafia unlynchable as described above is a possibility.

Hey Balcerzak, mind telling us what exactly Dark Druid does?

Sure thing.

Nergal: You are the Dark Druid. You control the power of Quintessence. It requires more than a single killing attempt to bring you down. You may however choose to imbue another character with your dark energies, protecting them instead. If your quintessence gets used up, you must wait three nights before you've gathered enough to use your powers again. This role appears passive when checked, unless you are transferring your power, in which case it appears active.

Well, my unlynchable ability applies as often as needed, so you can go ahead and try to lynch me as often as you want, it will never work. I guarantee that.

I have trouble imagining how "forfeit your kill to become unlynchable" would work since the mafia obviously doesn't consist of just a single guy. Of course, it could apply to the whole mafia if a mafia unlynchable made use of his ability, but that'd be kinda... ...weird. Though I obviously can't say it isn't possible, as I don't know.

There was no missing mafia kill after I failed to be lynched.

And by forfeiting the nightkill, I thought I was clear enough. Apparently not. What I meant was that if the mafia unlynchable was lynched (and not lynched...), that the mafia would not be able to make a kill that night.

Another question. Does giving another player quintessence work for 1 night, or does it transfer the bulletproof protection to the other player until it is needed, and cause Nergal to start regenerating his quintessence?

Every night Nergal must tell me where his Quintessence is. It only disappears and begins to regenerate on a successful hit.

There was no missing mafia kill after I failed to be lynched.

What makes you so certain that if there's a mafia unlynchable, they have to forfeit the mafia kill for it to work?

And by forfeiting the nightkill, I thought I was clear enough. Apparently not.

I don't get what you're trying to say here.

What I meant was that if the mafia unlynchable was lynched (and not lynched...), that the mafia would not be able to make a kill that night.

I see. But again, what makes you so certain that this is the case?