why is sothe forced for the endgame.

Forgive me for not quite seeing where you're headed.

You said 'if Sothe doesn't kill on his second attack'. I'm certain that there's probably some Bishop, somewhere in a dark recess in Part 4 that Sothe might conceivably be able to kill in two hits, but generally he needs more than two.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm an idiot because I like to use Fiona and Astrid? Your sentence makes no sense. It's not dumb if the player knowingly uses a bad unit. It just means they feel like using that unit.

No, I'm just saying it's silly to argue about something that's entirely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Why bother trying to support his usefulness in Endgame when there's many others? If you can honestly say it's worth it to somehow prove that Sothe is marginally useful in Endgame, I give up. Meanwhile, while you argue over frivolities, I'll be out having fun, playing the game.

Or Sothe could be finishing someone else's leftovers.

I have him shove micaiah or the heron around ;)

is smite compatible on him? It could make him have be a little more useful.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

See Soul, this is what I was saying about people saying he sucks. Pointing out a small logic issue regarding Bane's activation results in a bunch of posts trying to talk about how bad Sothe is. Sure, this is for part 4, where he really isn't good anymore, but was all this really necessary?

Okay, I believe you. So, this just goes with what I said, it's due to him being a Jeigan.

I have him shove micaiah or the heron around ;)

is smite compatible on him? It could make him have be a little more useful.

smite would be pretty good with him in P4.

i'd like to know from someone who's used heather, who is better out of the two. i read that someone had a heather with avoid as good as shifted tibarn, but i dont know if it was blessed.

You said 'if Sothe doesn't kill on his second attack'. I'm certain that there's probably some Bishop, somewhere in a dark recess in Part 4 that Sothe might conceivably be able to kill in two hits, but generally he needs more than two.

Or Sothe could be finishing someone else's leftovers.

^

No, I'm just saying it's silly to argue about something that's entirely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Why bother trying to support his usefulness in Endgame when there's many others? If you can honestly say it's worth it to somehow prove that Sothe is marginally useful in Endgame, I give up. Meanwhile, while you argue over frivolities, I'll be out having fun, playing the game.

We are already on an internet message board, talking about a game that we could instead be playing. Plenty of things that go on here are "irrelevant" in the "grand scheme of things," so don't give me that bullshit. I am not trying to prove that Sothe is useful in Endgame (I already said he isn't good there), but who are you to tell me who I should or shouldn't be using?

i'd like to know from someone who's used heather, who is better out of the two. i read that someone had a heather with avoid as good as shifted tibarn, but i dont know if it was blessed.

They have the same caps, but Heather has largely inferior growths. Sothe can get better avoid than Heather either way due to having an affinity that boosts it.

I'd rather have Heather in Endgame. She has an affinity that people would actually want (she's Fire), she's good at what Thieves are supposed to be good at (doubling), I can promote her whenever I want, and I can send her somewhere other than the Silver Army for EXP gain. She even has cap-free Pass.

I'd rather have Heather in Endgame. She has an affinity that people would actually want (she's Fire), she's good at what Thieves are supposed to be good at (doubling), I can promote her whenever I want, and I can send her somewhere other than the Silver Army for EXP gain. She even has cap-free Pass.

Now you might as well just be trolling with such terrible logic. It's too bad Heather lacks the ability to do what's most important for a combatant: damage enemies (atk at 3-2 = 24, gg. That barely beats Mist). You of all people would know how this hurts her in the long run. Affinity is not worth that much (especially since Fire isn't even that great).

Now you might as well just be trolling with such terrible logic. It's too bad Heather lacks the ability to do what's most important for a combatant: damage enemies (atk at 3-2 = 24, gg. That barely beats Mist). You of all people would know how this hurts her in the long run. Affinity is not worth that much (especially since Fire isn't even that great).

I am not trolling. You are over-reacting.

For Endgame, both of them are terrible combatants, so I will take the one who has two chances at Bane -- even Sanaki can finish off at enemy at 1 HP. Sothe needs 18 levels before he can reasonably double the 4-E-1 Generals, Heather just need four or five (3 procs of SPD with a 70% growth, and a promotion). Heather also gives Fire, A-rank, which lots of good units want for Endgame, since it has the magic combination of +mt and +HIT.

It's not hard to get Heather these modest gains when she's cruising with the GMs, and can go to whatever Part 4 army that I want. I mean, she can ORKO with Beastfoe + Peshkatz in 4-5 if I really wanted her to have good offense for something, she only needs 18 STR for it, after all. She's not facing Paladins with 1-2 range and Canto, or a giant sandbox, unless I want her to.

LOL... And here I am, thinking 2/3 extra damage and 8/15 extra hit in probably one of the only times you need it (Endgame) was worth something.

We are already on an internet message board, talking about a game that we could instead be playing. Plenty of things that go on here are "irrelevant" in the "grand scheme of things," so don't give me that bullshit. I am not trying to prove that Sothe is useful in Endgame (I already said he isn't good there), but who are you to tell me who I should or shouldn't be using?

Grand Scheme of things was referring to Endgame in general, don't get snooty with me.

Edited by SlaveBlade

so a couple people are saying heather is better than sothe, this is why i dont like sothe he could be called worst in his class, where other characters that are forced for endgame are the best/only of their class. i dont get why IS does this.

was anyone else at least somewhat surprised that IS made sothe, such an undderdeveloped chacter in FE9 and now BAM! he's this main character in FE10, and miciah being so huge when she didn't appear at all in the last game and was just a reference i totally forgot about, but i guess IS thought they needed a new set of characters and saw one they did awful on in FE9 and decided, "hey lets give this little theif guy a big role"

so....aran is a main character in FE11?

Edited by King Soren

Aran isn't in FE11.

However, for FE12, by your logic, quite a lot of people from FE11 would be main characters. But then the bar for a main character would get raised, and they'd still be minor characters.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

They have the same caps, but Heather has largely inferior growths. Sothe can get better avoid than Heather either way due to having an affinity that boosts it.

All she really needs is Atk and Def, and she's already beating Sothe in Avo and Res, she doubles much more reliably and can support Nephenee during Part 3 for an Atk bonus as well as Avo, Ike's authority stars help her, whereas Micaiah's lack of don't.

Aran isn't in FE11.

However, for FE12, by your logic, quite a lot of people from FE11 would be main characters. But then the bar for a main character would get raised, and they'd still be minor characters.

are you saying FE11 is Shadow dragon, because isn't it just a remake of FE1? so its not really FE11.

what i mean is the next non-remake fire emblem game.

so two people(queen elincia and int) are saying heather is better than sothe [...]

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Heather is better than Sothe, I'd just rather have her in Endgame because of her SPD.

Edited by Interceptor

ok sorry about that then.

but i thought you meant if a character is better for endgame, then they are better combat wise. obviously sothe is much better in the layout of the game because part 1 would be extremely hard without him(you need him for meatshield) I eat tables has an axe only PT but on 1-3 he needed sothe to steal an axe, so sothe is useful in every playthrough unless you come up with some awesome strategies.

are you saying FE11 is Shadow dragon, because isn't it just a remake of FE1? so its not really FE11.

what i mean is the next non-remake fire emblem game.

It's still the 11th Fire Emblem game.

However, I doubt they'll go back to Tellius, and if they do, I doubt that there'll be any of the same characters. At the end of FE9, none of the characters were given endings, and Sephiran said something about Ike having more adventures.

ok sorry about that then.

but i thought you meant if a character is better for endgame, then they are better combat wise. obviously sothe is much better in the layout of the game because part 1 would be extremely hard without him(you need him for meatshield) I eat tables has an axe only PT but on 1-3 he needed sothe to steal an axe, so sothe is useful in every playthrough unless you come up with some awesome strategies.

Unefficiently I've had Sothe do nothing but open chests and steal, and play meatshield with unequipped weapons. Everyone else got levels like crazy.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

it seems like a good idea to have another game based on ike in another place, and you could send a certain person or two with him in another continent.(where maybye, just maybye he'll find romance ;))

Aran isn't in FE11.

Sarcasm.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Heather is better than Sothe, I'd just rather have her in Endgame because of her SPD.

Her Spd as well as her Res, yeah, then there's the fact she comes at a pretty decent level and is easier to level up (Or gains more Exp, steals more stuff)

I didn't even bother meatshielding him.

Yes, obviously if someone thinks that Heather is better than Sothe overall, they are misinformed or need their head examined. But Sothe's victory is environmental, not because he's inherently a better character.

Suppose that in PoR, Ike kicked the stowaway Sothe off the boat and left him in port; he DID have Volke, after all. Sothe grows up on the streets, accidentally kills Heather's sick mother in a botched burglary, and eventually befriends a couple of farmers in the sticks. Heather, untethered, leaves Crimea to find fame and fortune in Daein, hoping to take advantage of the chaos. She meets a distraught Micaiah, and is immediately attracted to her: they grow close, and form the Dawn Brigade with some other street urchins and Nolan.

Now 20/7 Heather is the Jeigan in Part 1, and 20/1 Sothe shows up in 2-1 with Nephenee and Brom. Heather is undeniably the better Rogue in this scenario. If you maintain the auto-A support to the finale, their ending has has a hot lesbian relationship suggested via innuendo.

I think that this version of the game would be superior.

wow...that would be awesome...

What if ike slammed his boot into sothe's stomach kicking him overboard XD and when he showed up with brom and neph and ike saw him in P3 he did it again :D

Yes, obviously if someone thinks that Heather is better than Sothe overall, they are misinformed or need their head examined. But Sothe's victory is environmental, not because he's inherently a better character.

Suppose that in PoR, Ike kicked the stowaway Sothe off the boat and left him in port; he DID have Volke, after all. Sothe grows up on the streets, accidentally kills Heather's sick mother in a botched burglary, and eventually befriends a couple of farmers in the sticks. Heather, untethered, leaves Crimea to find fame and fortune in Daein, hoping to take advantage of the chaos. She meets a distraught Micaiah, and is immediately attracted to her: they grow close, and form the Dawn Brigade with some other street urchins and Nolan.

Now 20/7 Heather is the Jeigan in Part 1, and 20/1 Sothe shows up in 2-1 with Nephenee and Brom. Heather is undeniably the better Rogue in this scenario. If you maintain the auto-A support to the finale, their ending has has a hot lesbian relationship suggested via innuendo.

I think that this version of the game would be superior.

You think? Nah, it'd be a fact. It would also explain why Sothe never got a shirt, which isn't explained at all currently.