I've been thinking about this. This is a remake of a Japan only game, so it may stay Japan only. But so was FE1 and it was released in America, so will this one. I really hope so.

As much of an insult that is to Americans, I'll agree.

I have a feeling it will be out in the US really soon. It was anounced in June, a couple of days later a release date, and then the release date, is a month later. I think it will be out at the latest by the end of the summer.

Localization takes longer than that,usually.They were just witholding info until close to the release date.

I would expect to see it around Christmas or Spring 11.

I highly doubt that after bringing the series overseas that they would not bring any of the games over. That would be stupid.

As much of an insult that is to Americans, I'll agree.

Not really. They just wanna get more sales. I can't see any IS businessmen going, "Stupid American. Give you casual mode cause you not Japan. I fart in your general direction." Besides, the mode (let alone the game) hasn't been announced here, yet, and Japan also gets that mode. They won't just get more sales in America/Europe/elsewhere. They'll most likely get more sales in Japan, too.

Also, analyzing your quote, would it not be an insult to Europe as well? No you're right; they can't strategize their way out of a paper bag. Kidding, of course. :P

Localization takes longer than that,usually.They were just witholding info until close to the release date.

I would expect to see it around Christmas or Spring 11.

More like Fall/Christmas. Spring is a very long time. It didn't take too long for SD, did it?

Call it insulting the Americans when they pull a FE9.

By creating Casual Mode, i.e. SUPER Easy Mode? Agreed. BUT, I can see the appeal for fan who were turned off by the series initially.

By creating Casual Mode, i.e. SUPER Easy Mode?

no

by actually taking the hard mode out

I guarantee you nobody would give less of a damn if all four difficulty modes existed in US FE9. Nobody worth listening to, anyway.

By creating Casual Mode, i.e. SUPER Easy Mode? Agreed. BUT, I can see the appeal for fan who were turned off by the series initially.

Casual Mode is more or less entirely distinct from gameplay difficulty for all players who already reset whenever someone dies, which as far as I know is most of them.

Enemy stats, placement, threat to the lord, etc. are all factors in difficulty. I dispute the rationale that people will just zerg chapters and let people die whenever. That rarely actually works. Certainly, distraction using units who will return next map will lead to some amusing turncounts in Casual, but that takes a high degree of cleverness that just spamming units won't emulate.

Casual Mode could encourage more organic play, which could in turn lead to people accepting losses when they happen in non-Casual. It has enormous potential.

Edited by Renall

Pulling an FE9 is an insult, but, addding an easy mode (As in, not REPLACING the hardest mode) for us isn't.

I don't like casual mode much either, but I'd rather have it as an additive then as a standard. All I know is we better never reach the point where "Classic" mode is an unlockable.

Edited by Furby

Tch, wait till E3 before you worry we won't get the game. I mean, that's a good venue for announcing it.

I will be going to that so I will tell you guys the day I see anything. On Tuesday is the Nintendo conference which my brothers podcast got invited to, but I really do not not think they will say anything then, but maybe.

The Japanese already have Monshou no Nazo on their Virtual Console, so these remakes of Ankoku Ryuu and Monshou no Nazo are almost certainly for the benefit of FE's new American and European fans. I would be very surprised if Shin Monshou no Nazo weren't localized for America and Europe.

As for when it will be released, I think that a reasonable guess (based on the release dates of Shadow Dragon) would be November 2010 for Europe and January 2011 for North America.

For the record, here are the release dates of Shadow Dragon:

Japan: August 2008

Europe: December 2008

North America: February 2009

Edited by Paper Jam

Which totally explains why all regions have both Kirby Super Star on VC and Kirby Super Star Ultra on DS.

The VC versions are there for the purists who think that the changes the DS remakes got don't warranty the extra money and/or that the original games are good enough as is and that the imperfections are what make them perfect.

The Japanese already have Monshou no Nazo on their Virtual Console, so these remakes of Ankoku Ryuu and Monshou no Nazo are almost certainly for the benefit of FE's new American and European fans. I would be very surprised if Shin Monshou no Nazo weren't localized for America and Europe.

As for when it will be released, I think that a reasonable guess (based on the release dates of Shadow Dragon) would be November 2010 for Europe and January 2011 for North America.

For the record, here are the release dates of Shadow Dragon:

Japan: August 2008

Europe: December 2008

North America: February 2009

If things go the exact same way, NA will be getting it in January, Europe in November. Hopefully things don't go the exact same way (or have a delayed release date), and instead we get it by the holidays or possibly sooner.

The only reason why FEDS came out in February is because they didn't want the game competing for sales with Some Mario Game (New super mario bros wii?) It would probably come out earlier than last time through this reasoning since I believe the next big Nintendo game to be released is Metroid Other M which is to be released in August.

• 2 weeks later...