Gilliam

Wallace

Bad tier

Bors

Barth

Terrible tier

Amelia

Wendy

This should be alright. Thanks, Cynthia.

Edited by Soul

Since there are only a few Knights, I didn't place other tiers. I guess I just needed to state it was a list...?

Anyway, it's still placed from the best to the worst.

I dunno, Douglass can be good in Sacae, if only because he's invincible. Does anyone else have that kind of ability, especially with absolutely no training?

I agree with Oswin-->Douglas

Wallace is pretty terrible though, at least in comparison to the rest of his team. Not like Bors and Barth are superstars or anything, but their team has more durability issues overall making their sucky offense more palatable.

I'm not sure whether Amelia is worse than Wendy. Amelia definitely has better competition and starts off further behind, but can reach better performance against enemies than Wendy.

I agree with Oswin-->Douglas

Wallace is pretty terrible though, at least in comparison to the rest of his team. Not like Bors and Barth are superstars or anything, but their team has more durability issues overall making their sucky offense more palatable.

I'm not sure whether Amelia is worse than Wendy. Amelia definitely has better competition and starts off further behind, but can reach better performance against enemies than Wendy.

But, the problem with Bors and Barth is, that despite them having good Def, they constantly encounter Fighters with great Atk, and their Hit is just godawful, and then there's the fact FE6's maps are a little bigger, which doesn't help their awful Mov.

I am not too sure if Douglas --> Gilliam yet, the fact he gets to tank Sacae is pretty amazing and important, he can ferry Roy all the way to the throne, Gilliam isn't bad though.

As for Amelia...I consider her being able to have a better chance against enemies, she doesn't join in an axefest where she could actually be doubled and 1RKO'd (IIRC well), having her get potshots with Javelins gets her pretty good Exp, and killing leftovers is close to a full level-up.

Bors also has a part of the game with low deployment where he's forced. Granted, he's pretty bad, but he can still do some semi-useful stuff. Wallace just ends up being terrible filler.

Although if you count Lyn Mode, I guess Wallace does have a time to shine.

I would probably seperate it into:

Oswin tier

Oswin

Bad tier

Gilliam

Douglas

Bors

Wallace

Barth

Terrible tier

Amelia

Wendy

Edit: Wallace is forgettable.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I wanted to say that Amelia should be higher, but that has been said too many times already in other topics. plus, she'll probably be a GK or Paladin anyways~

(But I'm still sure she can be way more useful than Wallace!)

I wanted to say that Amelia should be higher, but that has been said too many times already in other topics. plus, she'll probably be a GK or Paladin anyways~

(But I'm still sure she can be way more useful than Wallace!)

Even as a GK or Paladin, she'll still get outranked by the others.

She isn't usseful. Wallace has tons of durability over her, the same Mov.

Well there he is then. Forgettable Tier.

Wallace is fair.

Gilliam should be lower. Gilliam is maybe the 5th worst character in the entirety of FE8, only beating out awful scrubs like Marisa and the Trainees. Dougl-ass and Barth Vader may suck, but they at least exist in a game where their durability is useful. Gilliam's durability is stupidly overkilled against the awful FE8 enemies.

Gilliam's durabality is pretty awesome, it lets him be 4-5RKO'd by most axe users, they don't double him, and his Hit is decent other than godawful.

Bors' tanking serves decently earlygame, but just a bit, after Ch 4 it's over.

I raised Bors and lowered Gilliam and Wallace.

Edited by Soul

Are you kidding? Bors is useful up to Chapter 4. Then it's over. He's in a game where movement means everything and he's got none.

Gilliam > Bors at the very least. Gilliam also starts out early but he's actually useful for walling during the early and middle sections of FE8 if you're trying to train those useless bastards named Ross, Amelia and Ewan.

Are you kidding? Bors is useful up to Chapter 4. Then it's over. He's in a game where movement means everything and he's got none.

Gilliam > Bors at the very least. Gilliam also starts out early but he's actually useful for walling during the early and middle sections of FE8 if you're trying to train those useless bastards named Ross, Amelia and Ewan.

All three of those dudes have 2 range, and only kill stuff in extreme cases. Gilliam guarding them is pretty useless when everything is gonna be dead. He's just an average unit in a game where pretty much everyone is awesome.

Replace Bors with Barth, even if Bors has chapters where he has no deployment cost I still find Barth able to contribute more.

Also, Gilliam should be on top of Fair, even if his game is the easiest one.

Could you elaborate on how he contributes more? He's pretty useless in his joining chapter, and a mess after that thanks to an axefest waiting for him, even if his Def is high, his offense is mediocre, is Mov is godawful, and will go up against Steel Axe fighters and Pirates.

I'll raise Gilliam, I wasn't too sure about him, but Life and you defeneatly convinced me.

@Sal: Problem is, all three of them require to be fed kills, and with that criteria, I'd be putting Gilliam below Amelia.

Que? I was saying Gilliam isn't helping to protect the trainees more than anyone else, not that he was worse than them. Amelia needs ten levels just to turn into Gilliam, no way is she better than him.

I say Wallace below Barth, and Amelia above Wallace.

Wallace is coming in a chapter we might not even go to, potentially unpromoted, while the majority of our team is, and able to be 3-4 HKO and doubled.

Amelia, yeah she has a bad start, but she's give 10 extra levels, for potential stat screw-age that none of the others have.

Could you elaborate on how he contributes more? He's pretty useless in his joining chapter, and a mess after that thanks to an axefest waiting for him, even if his Def is high, his offense is mediocre, is Mov is godawful, and will go up against Steel Axe fighters and Pirates.

Well, not like Bors does much in the chapters where deploying him is free either. Nearly everything 2RKOs/1RKOs him and doesn't have much of a decent damage output either thanks to having WTD for most of those 4 chapters. You could make a minor argument for chapter 3 seeing as he's actually somewhat durable in 3 but then his movement holds him back from doing much. ;/

Barth though, can have actual durability and has the growths to remain very durable compared to the other two AKs if you try to raise him whereas Bors and Wendy have some of the shittiest durability compared to even non-AK units. Of the 3 AKs you get in FE6, Barth is the lesser of the three evils.