Who was the best Cavalier/Paladin in FE3 including Book 1?

MasterJP28

42 members have voted

1. 1. Best Cavalier/Paladin

• Cain
    • Abel
    • Jeigen(lol)
    • Mattis(Machis)
    • Hardin
    • Vyland(Biraku)
    • Roshe
    • Medea
    • Arren
    • Luke
    • Rody
    • Cecil
    • Sirius

I voted Vyland for the hell of it.

Book 1:

Cain or Abel. They're pretty good, though once you get the star orb, any one can be good I guess, haha.

Book 2:

Sirius I suppose. But Cain is still isn't too bad, and Abel isn't either, just fix him up with some shards or something.

Edited by Yaranaika

I voted Vyland for the hell of it.

Book 1:

Cain or Abel. They're pretty good, though once you get the star orb, any one can be good I guess, haha.

Book 2:

Sirius I suppose. But Cain is still isn't too bad, and Abel isn't either, just fix him up with some shards or something.

From what I recall, by the time you get Abel you should already have the star orb. But when I mean best I mean: most useful, gets the job done, can help fight/tank, or comes in the right time and ends up good. Not just stats.

I guess I shoulda said that on the description :P

Just noticed the three of us favorite FE4. :D

Edited by JosefLior

Man, so few of these appear in both books (let alone being available for a long period of time). Cain's easily the best one if we're talking overall, though he's outperformed by Sirius in book 2.

Abel. I first used both him and Cain, but Cain never landed a single hit, so I decided to drop him and go on with Abel and I have really liked him since then :)

On my very first playthrough Jeigen actually got stat up without Srat orb or RNG abuse, the RNG goddess blessed me.

On my very first playthrough Jeigen actually got stat up without Srat orb or RNG abuse, the RNG goddess blessed me.

I've seen him get three stats in one level before.

Anyway, Jeigan is clearly the greatest Paladin of all time, so I voted for him.

I've seen him get three stats in one level before.

Anyway, Jeigan is clearly the greatest Paladin of all time, so I voted for him.

He the most useful until a certain point. Book 2 is Sirius without a doubt but I really wanted to see if anyone would give credit to the other units.

• 1 month later...

In book 1, I would see either Cain or Abel being the best paladins, with Hardin and Roshe following a close second. Jeigan has some of the worst growths in the game, Alan and Midia come a little too late(Midia in C10, Alan in C13; though both have OK growths and bases), and Machis and Biraku just suck(bad bases and growths don't make up for it).

In book 2, Camus Sirius is the best paladin here, without a doubt. He's Lv4 promoted, but has scary bases for that stage in the game(except Luck, which is ass), and has ridiculous growths for a prepromote(unlike Alan, who just had to get himself sick). Cecil is decent, but her def is just crap(good offense, though), Luke has good bases and a nice growth spread, and while Rody has the best GST of the three, his bases aren't too good. Cain is still good, but he doesn't show his face until Ch8, same with Abel, but he doesn't show up until C15(and he is Lv1 promoted). Roshe and Midia just suck(late join time, bad bases, etc.) No comment on Machis(he still sucks, is still cross eyed, and still says 'Lena, forgive this useless brother.').

My verdict:

Book 1: Cain

Book 2: Camus Sirius

Edited by DA125

Book 1

Kain

Joins at the start of the game and that his better skill, WPN LV (than any other cavy), and good speed growth makes him the best cavy.

Book 2

Sirius

Because of his joining time and that he starts of more durable than any of your other units upon his joining time. Also can use any Lance upon joining time.

My vote went to Sirius of course.

Edited by Ayanami

Camus Sirius. Its really no contest at all if you ask me; crazy bases, good growth rates, and the fact he has access to pretty much any lances you have at that time.

As an added bonus, Sirius has a Weapon Level of 12. That means if you somehow kill Astoria between Chapters 7-9, you have an early Mercurius user for indoor maps.