Open letter to Mafia Game Mods

General Spoon

I've noticed a trend as of late of giving the town a bus driver seemingly "for shits and giggles." (The part in quotes is directed at one person in particular, though there are many statements to direct at that person in particular, and we're not talking about that person right now anyways) However, in most cases it will simply randomize the night results. Please take this into consideration when designing your games.

Also take into consideration the possibility of giving the mafia a bus driver as a way to get around the doctor, etc.

Edited by General Spoon

There's the Interceptor as well to get around doctor, and it could be arranged so that interceptor can't kill their own teammate if they choose to target the person being killed, but Iunno. Maybe Janitor.

There's the Interceptor as well to get around doctor, and it could be arranged so that interceptor can't kill their own teammate if they choose to target the person being killed, but Iunno. Maybe Janitor.

...What?

I think you missed the point. The point is I dislike everybody and their mother giving the town a bus driver.

Edited by General Spoon

I agree. I was hesitant to include one in my game, but decided in the end to go ahead with it.

In fact, I'd like people to consider the balance of their games in general: In particular, the number of times the town can lynch incorrectly. Take my game for example: There's 6 mafia, but the town can lynch incorrectly 4 times before losing. That's quite a lot when you consider the number of ways the town can get information. However, I consider my game to be balanced despite that, due to mafia abilities and stuff. But a lot of games here are somewhat town sided: A cop and doctor combo alone means the cop can claim and start outing various reports with immunity, and when you add things like rolefinders, masons, bombs etc. the mafia simply can't keep up.