Nintendo Dream (21st June)

Dang, am I ever late for the party! Ironic considering how much effort I put into the BS Fire Emblem script translations quite a while ago.

It's EXCELLENT to hear that the BS Fire Emblem story is gonna be in this. Not just for the missing content being in itself, but this would be the first major first-party product since the Satellaview died to acknowledge the service's existence!

I do kinda suspect there to be quite a bit of rewriting to the dialog, though - I believe a few of the characters are written differently in the DS Shadow Dragon than they were in Monshou as it is. I in particular suspect Midia's sassy mouth and Rickard's child-like nature to be changed a bit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These BS FE maps are Extra-only, yes? Guess these new characters won't be participating in the main storyline then. Whatever Malice's class is, she isn't going to be around for long. We already have Athena as the female Swordmaster represent though, so her being from the alternative sword class would be nice.

Confusingly, there are Swordfighters and Axefighters in FE5, but they promote totally differently. Happens a lot actually now that I think on it: Both Axefighters and Machua become Mercs/Heroes, Trewd and Mareeta become Swordmasters. One mage (Asvel) promotes to Sage, another (Miranda) promotes to Mage Knight. Promotions are set by character rather than class in FE4/5.

You can make Ardan an Emperor who promotes to a Soldier in 4, if you hack it right.

And that's the beauty of Thracia 776, where promotions were tailored to individuals, instead of strictly class-based.

A tradition that continues to live on in Tear Ring Saga and Berwick Saga, thanks to Kaga

These BS FE maps are Extra-only, yes? Guess these new characters won't be participating in the main storyline then. Whatever Malice's class is, she isn't going to be around for long. We already have Athena as the female Swordmaster represent though, so her being from the alternative sword class would be nice.

I was under the impression that Malice was initially introduced in a context outside of the actual announcement of Shin Akanea Senki. I myself don't really know this for sure, but I'm suspecting that if they already altered the story so that Shin Ankoku characters are returning, I don't see why they wouldn't try to do the same for the BS Fire Emblem folk if they're already going through the process of adding in Shin Akanea Senki.

Of course, this is mostly just speculation either way.