Shu's Quest Sign-ups

mr_e_s

man why do people always put lazy as a trait

for once i'd like some dude who is hardworking and diligent

here's what i think: focus on one thing, either swords or one type of magic

ditch the chosen one and dark clone storyline, and build up around, and focus around him as a character

why is he lazy? why is he an assassin even though he is lazy? who would hire a lazy assassin? why would someone bother to put a seal on a lazy dude like him? why does he fight evil, what does he consider evil? also, how is it that he is such a great tactician if he devoted so much time to magic/swords?

you don't have to have the answers to all these questions, but inevitably, someone's gonna ask this, or it's gonna come up in a situation, and I best hope you have an answer better than he's lazy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's because being lazy is associated with not caring about things and not caring about things often makes a character seem superior to or "cooler than" other characters who are emotionally invested in whatever's going on, this mirrors real life, where in many confrontations (especially on the internet) people will use apathy (usually the illusion of it) to defend themselves and make the other guy look childish

not that i think that's a good reason, not at all, but it's my theory

Edited by CATS

i think its less about being cool and more about just liking the lazy guy, who despite all his faults, pulls through in the end

it also might be easier to write. a lazy character doesn't take much effort, while an active character requires constant attention

usually lazy isn't really used with apathy, that i know of. you still care about things, but are slow actually do something about it

well i'm not creative at all ok let me start all over

no dark side idea

he's a myrmidon like character not an assassin like character

he's lazy but not the real lazy

he cannot use magic

he also is the guy that will cheer others up if he can

final change:he can sometimes say the wrong thing

ok here it goes

Name:James

Race:Human

Appearance:Brown hair with a grey leather shirt and pants

Weapon:longsword

magic:none

Backstory:a man who trains with a sword trying to help the main party with their journey, hates waking up in the morning (what i kinda mean by lazy)

other:he will eat a lot and he pays his own tabs

That looks better. Any reason why you want to help the main group? Is it the promise of wealth or treasure or adventure or a lady, or he is just that good of a guy? I really hate those latter dudes, they're never really that good once you get to know 'em.

it's because being lazy is associated with not caring about things and not caring about things often makes a character seem superior to or "cooler than" other characters who are emotionally invested in whatever's going on, this mirrors real life, where in many confrontations (especially on the internet) people will use apathy (usually the illusion of it) to defend themselves and make the other guy look childish

not that i think that's a good reason, not at all, but it's my theory

Completely true ... unfortunately. And they're usually played by people who take offense to the smallest things XD It's a niche of the internet population that I just can't get along with.

I wish more people could see this post and comprehend it <_<