NBA free agency

Doom103

• 3 weeks later...

I'm big basketball fan, looks like things turned out fine for your heat...As a laker fan though i think we can still take anyone, the celtics heat or magic, whoever wins the east isn't gonna win it all...

• 2 weeks later...

Woah. Another huge NBA fan here. I'm going to rant

Things took a major turn for the worse this summer. Not like in terms of the future or the character of players as role models or any nonsense like that. Not about entertainment value, that actually improved, competition kindof improved too (usually I'd love to produce a serious contender from two (especially the Raptors) teams that cannot seem to win it all. I think that LeBron simply did the wrong thing. Like it was wrong for him to leave for Miami. It was wrong to leave, but that would be acceptable, and being traded to the heat would've been ok, but the two combined (with the TV sucker punch) is just too much (particularly considering recent failures). LeBron probably should've stayed in Cleveland for the sake of his legacy. Seriously, one, maybe two Cav rings would've meant so much more to his legacy than 6 or 7 Heat rings (I don't think the Heat will win 6 times). LeBron also had the opportunity to go to a huge city with basketball legacy and history, to bring the Bulls, or Knicks to former glory. Winning A championship with the Knicks would've been much more impressive than however many the Heat win in the next ~ years. There's also the problem that teaming up looks cowardly and lazy.

On top of it all, I deplore Pat Riley, and I deplore that he's laughing now. The Knicks, Bulls, and most definitely the Cavaliers are much more deserving of LeBron's talents than Pat Riley and the Heat. It would've been OK if CB, flash and LBJ had gone to New York or Brooklyn, but I don't think the Heat get to deserve like this.

I cheer for the Mavs, and the question "should we give up hope?" has not occurred to me this summer.