ch8washedashorebase.png

ch1fateswingsbase.png

ch6setadriftbase.png

ch3encounterontheboarde.png

ch13flamesoftheinnocent.png

Mugs

--------

completedmugs.png

These are for a hack I'm trying to do for FE8.

I don't really like the last row. But for some reason, I suck at chin lines. :facepalm:

Bonus points for you if you can guess what each class the person is supposed to be.

Cookies, if you can get who they replace.

Battle sprites

-------------------

clerics.png

civilians.png

Other

--------

jaysi.gif

Edited by psychout50

Not bad. I was expecting something a bit different. I really like the map layout with all the houses. That's like an epic urban battle waiting to happen.

The mugs need work, but I'm no authority on GBA styles so I'll let April handle that.

I have the Google bot reading this. :mellow:

The mugs I'm most proud of, are:

Row 3, number 1

Row 3, number 2

Row 2, number 1

Row 4, number 2

I like them the best.

For one, stop using the boarder color for chin lines. Use the darkest skin shade instead.

And to make the chin lines a bit more natural, make them "smoother" or more "Natural" Right now, all I'm seeing is they're being cut off quickly. >.>

Next, Pillow shading. There is a LOT of that on your chins, you need to stop doing that, reduce the shading to stop pillow shading.

Also, start using FE8 skin colors for your mugs, those FE6/7 skin shades really clash with the FE8 boarder color. >.>

Work on refining your mugs instead of whipping out mass splicing. It'll help in the end.

Actually, if you see the skin color, I chose that for a reason. I think most of the FE8 skin colors seem a bit too pale/dark for certain ones.

And could you elaborate a little more on Pillow shading. I've never heard that term before.

Actually, if you see the skin color, I chose that for a reason. I think most of the FE8 skin colors seem a bit too pale/dark for certain ones.

And could you elaborate a little more on Pillow shading. I've never heard that term before.

Use this then:

skintones.png

^Didn't make it.

They're standard, if you're using tooo dark colors you'll over shade which I've done, and it looks like shit. >.>

Stick with the FE8 colors.

Compare:

Splice2done.png

to

pillowexample.png

The bottom is what you're doing, over shading leads to pillow shading, shade less, when it's only a 2 pixel gap, use only the 2nd shade when it's 3 use the 3rd etc. (But remember to sprite the rest of the other shades after you've say.....used the 4th shade.) The fact that you're using the boarder outline as one of your colors leads even further to pillow shading, look back on other FE mugs to get chins/see exactly what to do when shading.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

About mugs... well, Astra have said much enough that I would've said but I kinda like...

Row 2: 5th

Row 3: 1st, 4th and 5th

Row 4: 2nd

(even they have shading problems but w/e)

Battle sprites... blah, nothing much to say, just many clerics and journeymen with different head... even recoloring clothes could be nice idea.

I meant that they are done from journeyman but w/e and... ehehe... *failed* those are made from pupil Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Journeyman has a darker color in general.

Also, battle sprites, make them a bit more....I dunno? Custom? They seem immensely generic right now. =_=

Yeah, I was just seeing which heads look better here. I don't do many battle sprites, I was just experimenting.

I'm trying to make a dismounted Troubadour/Mage Knight/Falco Knight, like in FE5 right now.

jaysi.gif

Awesomeness

The mugs need work, but I'm no authority on GBA styles so I'll let April handle that.

You don't have to be good at GBA mugs to comment on what you see.

For example...

Phychout, The maps have a lot of repeating tiles and tiles in unfit

places. You might wanna work more on that.

(I haven't made any maps)

You don't have to be good at GBA mugs to comment on what you see.

For example...

Phychout, The maps have a lot of repeating tiles and tiles in unfit

places. You might wanna work more on that.

(I haven't made any maps)

XD Noted, but I had pretty much summed up my thoughts with "they need work". Couldn't get too technical without going into pillow shading, and lo and behold, Astra covered that really fast.