Guilty gear next gen?

I read on some sources that arc system works was talking about making a guilty gear next gen ( Ps3 Xbox) Does anyone have any idea, info and/or thoughts about this. The latest news article i found of this was feb. 2010, so i wanted to know if any one heard anything new or what.

Anyhow onto blazblue...Whooo! Only a few weeks left, i'm so psyched! what about all of you? ( No spoilers though!)

I think making Guilty Gear for the PS3 and 360 is pretty cool I might get it. (If Norio Wakamoto and Johnny are going to be in it)

Yeah I'm pretty excited about the new Blazblue since they just added more characters as a DLC.

Kinda sucks they'll be DLC since they were intended to be in the game in the first place.

Yeah it sucks but it's because CS already came out in Japan for the consoles (I think) so they don't want to edit the codes to include them and redistribute it.

Edited by Generic Officer

• 2 weeks later...

Well...that may be but if you go onto their website now it says that there's some special announcement on 7/23. So you never know.

They said no more GG that Blazblue is it and will be it for many years.

That was ( I'm pretty sure) said only because of a huge dispute they were having between Sega as to who owned GG. Apparently they cleared it up...though i'm not 100% sure of this.

In any case it may or may not be true but it's still something to consider...

Back to BB: It is sort of annoying to have to pay for DLC...that is unless you have an older brother who loves to burn money for everything!

They said no more GG that Blazblue is it and will be it for many years.

So perhaps you misunderstood

ASW resolved the situation. There are plans in the works for continuing the series.

Though I heard that the rights to Guilty Gear --the name itself-- are still owned by Sega. So there's apparently a lot of speculation that there's going to be some kind of a Super Smash Bros.-styled game. Which sounds like it would be pretty cool.

Smash bros-esque eh? i heard that they said at some convention thing that they thought about doing a crossover fighter between GG and BB. But hey these are all rumors anyway, i truthfully game for anything! All of these ideas sound great!

One week for BBCS! Yay the wait is almost up!

-Eriad-