Your Perception

Fireman

Perception  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Lucky or Unlucky?

• Lucky
    • Unlucky
    • Don't believe in luck.

Let's say, hypothetically, that in your life, a lot of events that nearly killed you took place.

Would you consider youself lucky for surviving each near-death experience or unlucky for going through so many near-death experiences?

I suppose this is really like the whole: 'Is the glass half-empty or half-full' thnig. But, I'd say unlucky, because though you are fortunate to survive those events the fact that your in those positions make you unlucky. Most people don't half to go through near-death experiences everyday like the hypothetical person we are talking about.

wasnt there already a topic like this? anyway, wheres the "in between" or the "in the middle" option?

I'd say lucky, although I don't really believe in luck. You can get yourself into a near death situation just by continually making stupid choices, getting out of them however, takes some luck.

:o i've been near death several times! are you calling me stupid? lol!

oh, and i haven't died yet. lol!

i will survive! lol!

:o i've been near death several times! are you calling me stupid? lol!

oh, and i haven't died yet. lol!

i will survive! lol!

Not at all. I'm not saying whenever someone gets into a jam it's because they're stupid, I'm saying it's possible to get into a near death experiance by doing stupid things. For some people getting into a tight jam is their own fault, while with others it's only because of bad luck. That means bad luck isn't required to find yourself staring down death, whereas avoiding death involves at least some amount of good luck being tossed your way.

Pah! You don't need luck when you're as tough as me!

In all seriousness, I do believe in luck and that I'm lucky. Lucky me...

That first line was a quote from Tibarn, if you didn't notice.

Agree with what? He asked a question, he didn't make a statement. The other topic is specifically about whether or not you're lucky, this topic is asking you about you're perception on things. Like the glass half-empty/half-full thing.