Calculation Question

Okay, the question I have is determining how likely it is for separate skills to activate.

We'll use Mia with Astra and Vantage. For argument's sake, we'll say she's capped SKL and SPD.

Astra=20%

Vantage=40%

So the method I'm using is converting the percentages to decimals (20% becomes 0.2, 40% becomes 0.4) and multiplying the decimals together, and multiplying the end result by 100.

Example: I want Vantage and Astra to activate. 20% becomes 0.2 and 40% becomes 0.4. I then multiply 0.2 and 0.4 together and multiply the end result by 100.

(0.2*0.4)*100=8

This gives me an 8% chance of both Vantage and Astra activating. However, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.

This was prompted by this post. I will appreciate criticism on that post, too.

This is correct. Skill activations are independent of each other, so it works just like basic probability.

Note that biorhythm plays a big factor in things like this - at best biorhythm, the chance becomes 0.5*0.3 = 0.15 = 15%, and at worst, 0.3*0.1 = 0.03 = 3%.

Edit: Reading through that post, the only glaring mistake I see is thinking that astra attacks can critical - they can't.

Edited by I Eat Tables

Thank you for that response. However, with biorhythms, I know that the the bonuses are +10/+5/0/-5/-10

So if Mia was going for Vantage at best biorhythm, would it be 40+10=50%? Or would it follow another formula?