Best/Worst in the Series: Round 47

NinjaMonkey

I wonder if lances have been consistent throughout the series as well?

And axes suck only in FE4. -10% Hit rate in FE6 isn't saying much when 90% of the enemies are lance users. I blame the RNG for most of the part.

Swords are mostly Hit-based, their Mt is pretty low, and it's users usually don't have much Str. The only time they were great was in FE4, were they had good Mt, Hit & low Wt.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And axes suck only in FE4. -10% Hit rate in FE6 isn't saying much when 90% of the enemies are lance users. I blame the RNG for most of the part.

Swords are mostly Hit-based, their Mt is pretty low, and it's users usually don't have much Str. The only time they were great was in FE4, were they had good Mt, Hit & low Wt.

And swords were great before FE4 as well, and they're great in FE6 as well. Also, considering that FE6 is a GBA game... Most GBA axe mainers are meh at best or outright bad.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Swords were good in FE6. Tons of early-midgame axe enemies, early Armourslayer, Killing Edge, Wyrmslayer, Durandal. Bosses had ridiculous avoid, and hit rarely went to 100 so Swords had their place. Certainly, it's a pain to try and hit Nomads with anything else.

Also, considering that FE6 is a GBA game... Most GBA axe mainers are meh at best or outright bad.

Lott was fundamental earlygame.

The Paladins are pretty great with axes, especially Lance & Marcus who might want Mt later on.

And hell, I shouldn't even mention Dieck & Echidna.

Swords were good in FE6. Tons of early-midgame axe enemies, early Armourslayer, Killing Edge, Wyrmslayer, Durandal. Bosses had ridiculous avoid, and hit rarely went to 100 so Swords had their place. Certainly, it's a pain to try and hit Nomads with anything else.

I'm not saying they are bad. I know they're great. But certainly not the best.

Lances are available as much, have necesary Hit and pretty good Mt, just silighly less than aaxes.

Lott was fundamental earlygame.

The Paladins are pretty great with axes, especially Lance & Marcus who might want Mt later on.

And hell, I shouldn't even mention Dieck & Echidna.

I'm not saying they are bad. I know they're great. But certainly not the best.

Lances are available as much, have necesary Hit and pretty good Mt, just silighly less than aaxes.

I fail to see why Marcus is being mentioned when he would usually get dropped before "later on". Lance has his Alan support. And I'd rather use a sword and have close to 100% hit, since as far as FE6 is concerned, I'd rather not risk giving Murphy's Law a chance to rear its ugly head.

Echidna gets weighed down by axes, which is not good for someone who depends on dodging for durability.

I fail to see why Marcus is being mentioned when he would usually get dropped before "later on". Lance has his Alan support. And I'd rather use a sword and have close to 100% hit, since as far as FE6 is concerned, I'd rather not risk giving Murphy's Law a chance to rear its ugly head.

Echidna gets weighed down by axes, which is not good for someone who depends on dodging for durability.

And your point is...? That doesn't mean he's useless, when in HM, you're using him up to at least Ch 9. And you can't say you just rush through with Alan & Lance when your whole team (excluding Marcus) is 2HKO'd by Soldiers and just about every enemy.

The support doesn't fix his Mt as easy as that, enemies have high HP.

Like if you could call Echidna useless after 1 AS loss. She's doubling much with a Steel Axe.

And your point is...? That doesn't mean he's useless, when in HM, you're using him up to at least Ch 9. And you can't say you just rush through with Alan & Lance when your whole team (excluding Marcus) is 2HKO'd by Soldiers and just about every enemy.

The support doesn't fix his Mt as easy as that, enemies have high HP.

Like if you could call Echidna useless after 1 AS loss. She's doubling much with a Steel Axe.

I'm not saying he's useless.

I'm not making a big deal over 1 AS loss. But 6 AS loss? Now that's way too much, and having a non-trivial chance to whiff makes it even worse.

And I maintain that axes weren't all that great until Tellius came along.

Edited by Ein Lanford

90%? That's overdoing it even as an exaggeration.

I'm not saying he's useless.

I'm not making a big deal over 1 AS loss. But 6 AS loss? Now that's way too much, and having a non-trivial chance to whiff makes it even worse.

You basically are when you are excluding him just because he gets dumped by midgame...???

It isn't when she's doubling important enemies such as Cavaliers & Wyerns that get weighted down by their weapons as well. Being a semi-glass canon doesn't make her bad. She's a great axe user for a while. I'll give you she is pretty good on Ilia, but just forget Sacae.

You basically are when you are excluding him just because he gets dumped by midgame...???

It isn't when she's doubling important enemies such as Cavaliers & Wyerns that get weighted down by their weapons as well. Being a semi-glass canon doesn't make her bad. She's a great axe user for a while. I'll give you she is pretty good on Ilia, but just forget Sacae.

Way to misunderstand me. As far as I'm concerned, Marcus is good early on, but he starts to lag around midgame.

Again, when you're losing 6 AS, your durability, as well as your fighting ability, can be noticeably handicapped. Oh, and not all cavs and wyverns are weighed down.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Way to misunderstand me. As far as I'm concerned, Marcus is good early on, but he starts to lag around midgame.

Again, when you're losing 6 AS, your durability, as well as your fighting ability, can be noticeably handicapped.

I'm not. But you did say you said you failed to recognize him as a good axe user because of his limited usefulness. Should I once again mention he's helping you out in the hardest parts.

Have you even played HM?

Edited by The leaving song II

I'm not. But you did say you said you failed to recognize him as a good axe user because of his limited usefulness. Should I once again mention he's helping you out in the hardest parts.

Have you even played HM?

I haven't played FE6 in who knows how long, and besides, now we're going in circles. However, I still maintain my viewpoint that axes weren't all that great until Path of Radiance came along.