New playthrough on H5

So after playing H1 just to get a good set of Wi-Fi characters, I decided to take a shot at an efficient H5 playthrough.

So far, I'm at Chapter 2. Gordon's dead and my Silver Lance has only 5 uses left. I beat the 1st chapter in 12-13 turns, mostly because of Gazzak.

Should I start over? What team should I use? Any reclassing suggestions and anything else you can think of?

Guest Avarice

I would advise you to start over. It's not a good idea to waste that many Silver Lance uses on the first boss. I usually give Jeigan the iron sword and have him attack at melee range while Frey, Able, and Caeda attack with Javelins and Gordin attacks with his bow. Then use the Silver Lance to finish him off.

Don't you mean Doga?

Ok thanks. I knew the bosses are absurdly hard, but not this hard.

Anyway, any other suggestions? I played up to Chapter 7 of FE6 hard mode before I got distracted and stopped playing it. I played FE7 EHM FE8 HM, FE4 and I'm starting up a FE5 playthrough.

Am I in good shape?

Guest Avarice

Oh right you'd also asked what characters you'd used. `Caeda, Ogma, and Jeigan are necessary for the early bosses. You could reclass Draug into a Dark mage or hunter so he can actually do decent damage, or Gordin into a mage or Curate.

I guess I did rather well then.

First, I put Jeigan on the fort with the Silver Lance, and Doga to help lure enemies. Then I used Abel and Gordon to snipe. Sheeda bought Javelins and Cain and Marth just finished things off.

Plus I just speed rushed.

I am curious how you finished chapter 1 in 12-13 turns considering the standard ballpark is 16-19.

This. You either got incredibly lucky with the RNG, or your turncount is seriously wrong.