Tracks I'm liking:

Hardin and Medeus's themes. Enough said.

Liberation. Kind of evokes the same feeling the original did for me.

Holy War. I actually quite like this one. The soft beat in the background is a nice touch, and the extra bit dosen't hurt either.

I kind of compare this to HeartGold/SoulSilver's version of the Indigo Plateau theme: not what I expected, but I still like it. Sounds great when you put the volume up high.

Could someone tell me how Off to War sounds? It's one of my favorites and I want to make sure the updated version didn't screw it up.

It's very different, you probably won't like it much. Basically, what was the original tune has become the background beat. As a song in its own right, I think it's pretty good, but as a remix of the original: fail.

Doesn't convey anywhere near the amount of urgency the story has.

However, did get my hands on the tunes for some of the lategame music such as Stratagem and Dragon's Altar. I have to say...

TuT

Also, the enemy phase for Dragon's Valley went from super bland to holy crap this is awesome on an epic level. I now love this game's soundtrack (Save for the above posted music).

Edited by Etzel's Hips

Unfortunately a SRPG can never feel urgent at all, so Off to War's mellower version isn't as bad as it could be.

Doesn't convey anywhere near the amount of urgency the story has.

However, did get my hands on the tunes for some of the lategame music such as Stratagem and Dragon's Altar. I have to say...

TuT

Also, the enemy phase for Dragon's Valley went from super bland to holy crap this is awesome on an epic level. I now love this game's soundtrack (Save for the above posted music).

I thought the new final chapter enemy phase theme was pretty amazing. Interestingly, I don't remember the original, which is probably a testemony to how bland it was considering I remember just about every single other track from the original pretty well.

The final chapter has new music, kind of... The player phase is new (I think), and the enemy phase is a new version of the final enemy phase from the original.

EDIT: I'm fairly sure there wasn't final chapter specific music in FE3, it just had Holy War and Dragon's Altar like in chapters 21-23.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

The final chapter has new music, kind of... The player phase is new (I think), and the enemy phase is a new version of the final enemy phase from the original.

EDIT: I'm fairly sure there wasn't final chapter specific music in FE3, it just had Holy War and Dragon's Altar like in chapters 21-23.

The final chapter music is new? Didn't know that. I was referring to Dragon's Alter. Although I still want Holy War for player phase until the end...

Speaking of which, Holy War has a new bit added to it, which is another remix of Tiki's theme. This one fits pretty well though. Or is that new bit only used in the final chapter?

Edited by Big Klingy

I'm listening to the player phase bit, and it's the same music, it's just real faint. It plays a bit slower, and doesn't really sound like the main part of the music. But I can tell this tune is the same tune.

• 1 month later...