I want to play FE4...

Soren37

You know, I know a guy who gives Fury's kids really great RES...

Claude?

If you want to use the optimized pairing, you could give Sety a barrier ring. At Lv30, Sety has 17 res(actually 16.85, but we're rounding up here) A MDef ring will give Sety 22 res, which should stop most enemies from sleeping/silencing him. Two rings will give him 27 res. This will stop everybody except Ishtar from using status on him(not that she has anything other than Thorhammer and a MDef ring anyway)

Fee benefits from this as well,(she isn't as screwed over by silence as her bro is, but is more vulnerable to magic and is suspect to sleep.)

Edited by DA125

You know, I know a guy who gives Fury's kids really great RES...

I did that once and it was pretty good.

Sadly, Arthur has crappier Res than Sety so the Holsety dude is vulnerable to Silence either way.

If you want to use the optimized pairing, you could give Sety a barrier ring. At Lv30, Sety has 17 res(actually 16.85, but we're rounding up here) A MDef ring will give Sety 22 res, which should stop most enemies from sleeping/silencing him. Two rings will give him 27 res. This will stop everybody except Ishtar from using status on him(not that she has anything other than Thorhammer and a MDef ring anyway)

Fee benefits from this as well,(she isn't as screwed over by silence as her bro is, but is more vulnerable to magic and is suspect to sleep.)

I thought the rings didn't stack...

I think that most enemies with Silence won't have over 20 Mag, so Sety is fine with just one ring. Fee can have the other to kill the Sleep dudes for the rest of the people with crap res.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I did that once and it was pretty good.

Sadly, Arthur has crappier Res than Sety so the Holsety dude is vulnerable to Silence either way.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I was taking a look at growth rates, and I found out that Levin!Corpul has a 40% res growth. That is still no incentive for pairing Levin with Sylvia(seriously, don't do that unless you have a lack of better options or like masochism, and that is a massive understatement, since Corpul has the cons of both Arthur and Sety with basically nothing over them aside from having the highest res of the three.)but it is worth mentioning.

It is still probably safest to do Fury x Levin, Azel x Tailto, and Sylvia x death Claude.

Edited by DA125

I almost freaked when Sylvia nearly married herself to Levin. Then Fury and Levin got married and I was happy.

Corpul is good for spamming Warp inside the castle, and that's about it.

You really have to spare the Magic Ring for Lex's kids in that case though. They can have some OHKOing problems, which is obviously a major issue since the Ambush/Wrath combo is relying on the character's offense being their defense. In a way, it's tough, because only one can really rock Thoron and the Magic Ring. Still, if they do OHKO everything that can attack them, they are pretty much invincible.

This pairing is especially useful for the Thracian squadren with their pitiful Res allows you to 0HKO them in no break of a sweat.

Fury can always one of the richest characters in the 1st Gen via a simple tactic, which is mentioned in the next paragraph.

Giving Fury the Thief Sword to use on ton of Pirates(Ch.3 after Silvail) and Mountain Thieves doesn't seem like insane favoritism to me. Stuffing Fury with Iron Lances, Steel Lances, and Javelins for 7500 free gold is not favoritism. Passing down the Thief Sword for Fee to get another 10000 Gold from Mountain Thieves is not major favoritism. Fee comes with the Slim Lance and Berserk Sword for a free 8000 gold total. Free gold from saving castles in ch.6=2000 or 3000. 8000+2000 gold from parents, assuming the parents have 40000 G each. Throw in a couple villages and Steel Swords, and she has the budget to purchase the Elite Ring.

Or you could have Patty give all of her money to Fee to have her purchase the Elite Ring.

Two rings will give him 27 res.

Um...the rings will only offer +5 bonuses only with one. Two will not offer them another +5.

Edited by Ayanami

My favorites are:

Aideen/Midir (I'd go with FinxAideen as backup if you don't want that pairing, plus Lana would get +5 Magic if she talks to Fin in Chapter 5, so best of both worlds).

Lex/Aira (For obvious reasons).

Lachesis/Azel (Hezul blood already gives +30% growth in strength. Magic swords plus excellent Nanna and Pursuit is just fantastic)

Fury/Claude (Nice attacker Sety and healer, Fee's good with Magic swords plus at promotion, a flying Libro user)

Sylvia/Nobody (If you must, go with Claude)

Tiltyu/Levin (Holsety at start of 2nd gen and mounted Holsety later? Yes please!)

Briggd/Beowulf (Those who talk to me or follow my posts know why, but this is just great for Patty and Faval is impossible to mess up. Other good ones include Holyn/Briggd and Azel/Briggd)

Edited by Dark Sage

I haven't played this game yet, but I have found these pairings to be extremely useful ingame:

Edain x Midir: I originally said Jamka, but Lester doesn't get Pursuit(since Pursuit is a class skill for archers/snipers), and Adept and Brave weapons don't stack since a Brave hit=100% Adept. Midir gives Lester Pursuit + Brave Bow, and Lana won't completely suck.

Ira x Lex: I think you know why this pairing is gee_wiz_emoticon.gif(the kids have 60% def growth, which is ridiculous on swordfighters. Also Elite). Holyn also works, since he'll give them Moon Blade + major Odo, but it's not worthwhile unless you use a glitch to transfer the Balmunk from Shanan to Lakche(and the kids have peerless skillz and defy the gods with only minor Odo anyway)

Lachesis x Fin: Gives the kids Pursuit and Prayer, as well as good growth rates. Delmud kinda suffers here since he can't inherit shit from Fin unless he(Fin)kills Shagaal. Also, Fin loses all his lances in the second gen(I would just give his hero lance to Fury since her offense is not good without it, and Fee's is only slightly better). Some people recommend Beowulf, but IMO Prayer>>Charge.

Sylvia x death Claude: The subs are better than the kids in this case since Laylea has Charisma and Sharlow has Paragon and gives us a Berserk staff. Corple is at least useful as a Valk-staff bot. Leen's only good for dancing anyway. Levin is not a good idea, since you have to wait until C9 to get Holsety, and Corple can't use it until he promotes. Also, no Pursuit.

Fury x Levin: Fee becomes pretty good, and Sety is just absolutely ridiculous.

Tailto x Azel: Both kids get Fala blood(which solves their Mag problem) and Pursuit. Some people like Levin x Tailto, but you run the risk of him falling in love with Sylvia, which is NOT good, plus the kids won't have Pursuit(Arthur doesn't give a shit, but Tinny does, and I like using everyone in FE4).

Briggid x Holyn: Patty will inherit Moon Blade and have a B in swords(which gives her braves). Faval has excellent bases thanks to his dad.Dew also works, since Bargain means that Faval won't have to use up as much to repair his Ichival.

About some of the rings: The elite ring should go on Celice, and the pursuit ring on Leaf. That is what I will assume.

Edited by DA125