Who do you use most of the time

Serene

The funny thing about Eliwood....when you first have him in early chapters, he's actually pretty good and useful. It's when he promotes that he starts lagging. Anyone else notice that?

No for me, it's pretty much he fail's. He fails before promotion, and he fails after promotion

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the complusary lords and Athos, here is my team:

• Sain (not amazing, but I want a paladin so I choose him)
  • Lucius (a amazing bishop, my favorite light magic user and helps kill Nergal and the Dragon)
  • Nils/Ninian (a unit that allows you to move again is always a vital part of any team)
  • Rebbeca (speed demon and a killing machine with a bow. Dodges everything)
  • Batre (great axe user. Not as good as Hector and Dart, buts makes an excellent extra axe user. Plus bows are very useful)
  • Rath (another good bow user. Very useful for being so mobile. Plus is the only the only Nomad Trooper in the game)
  • Oswin (effing tank)
  • Guy (another excellent swordmaster who is crticals everything with a Wo Doa)
  • Merlinus (very useful)
  • Priscilla (as well as being incredibly useful as a mobile healer and anima magic user, she is a killing machine. Probably the best anima user next to Nino)
  • Raven (simply amazing)
  • Canas (the only non-Athos dark magic user in the game, and thankfully, an exreamly good one. Also, see username :) )
  • Dart (a killing machine as a berserker)
  • Fiora (all three pegasus knights are very good, but she is my favorite, and the one I always use)
  • Legault (he always gets the fell contract)
  • Heath (the only non-Vaida wyvern rider in the game, and since I like them, I use him)
  • Pent (use him if I can't be arsed to level up Nino, pretty good for a prepromote)
  • Nino (turns into a incredible unit, although it takes a lot of hard work to make her one)
  • Jaffar (although a pre-premote, he usually makes a better assasin than Legault)

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the lords

Rebecca (Awesome bow user)

Oswin (Tank)

Bartre (Great axe user)

Florina (Weak at first, but becomes a really good unit when you level her up, though I thought about using Fiora instead in my next playthrough)

Rath (Another awesome bow user)

Priscilla (Great healer and by the time she promotes she's a killing machine)

Canas (Only Shaman and Druid in the game and he's great)

Raven (Great Mercenary and Hero)

Matthew (Need someone to open chests, steal items from enemies and see better in the fog)

Legault (Secondary thief)

Sain (Potential Paladin)

Lucius (He may look like a girl, but I find him useful, although I didn't use him much in my last playthrough)

Guy (Not the best unit, I still think he's good)

I go with:

Eliwood - He's my main lord so I'm stuck with him. For me he's actually grown nicely, much better than his son, Roy, who sucks!

Hector - He's got the strength of a fighter, the defense of a knight, BUT he still can move unlike stupid slow Oswin

Lyn - She's like a Myrmidon, but stronger and better.

Florina - Typically the Pegasus Knights can't take a hit or give one out for the life of them, but for me Florina is gaining strength like a madman so I'm keeping her in there as a glass cannon.

Bartre - Just an all around powerhouse for me.

Sain - I love him and I love cavaliers so he's definitely in my lineup

Kent - I'm all about horse, so I keep him around and he's got good defense.

Priscilla - Again, I'm about horse but I'm also all about Troubador/Valkyrie as they dominate so hard.

Lucius - He may look a bit fruity, but he's pumping out mad Light damage and evades pretty well.

Raven - I love mercenaries too and while he's starting slow, he's making big gains.

Obviously the 3 main characters, since you have no choice, although I favor Hector the best.

Otherwise:

Oswin: Win is in his name for a reason, great offense and easily the best defense of any character, this guy is tight!

Priscilla: Healing with great movement can give any character an edge in usefulness. Not only is she a great class, she has perfectly fine stats and is the prettiest little thing I ever did see in a video game.

Dorcas: Sure, he's no speed demon, but I like to use him anyway.

Nino: Yeah, she's not really considered that good, but I'm a massive fan of her's.

Edited by Kintenbo

Eliwood, Lyn, and Hectank - the latter two's growths command me to do so, as for Eli, he's required so...

Raven - One of the versatile units in the game (and 9000+ badass points)

Harken - Just as good as Raven

Sain - Paladin gone berserker

Florina - Great availability, amazing unit if used correctly

Farina - Best Falcoknight, almost rng proof

I generally tend to train up different people each time, but these are the people I mainly seem to train up:

Lyn: Super Speed, never even TAKES a hit.

Kent: He supports with Lyn, and I like their ending. (Even though Paladins should all just go die.)

Florina: Just. Hell. Yez.

Matthew: He shares mah name. Annnnddd...he's kickass.

GUY: He's THE BEST. I managed to get him up to getting a critical 92% with a Killing Edge. : D Plus, he never seems to take any hits.

KARLA: I just like her as a character.

Athos

*prepares to be shot for not putting Hector, and putting Karla.

Edited by Joshua

Seriously, Serra was a LVL 19 Cleric by the first chapter you get her in Eliwood's story.

I just don't think Priscilla can compare to someone who's practically a Bishop by then. :/

Seriously, Serra was a LVL 19 Cleric by the first chapter you get her in Eliwood's story.

I just don't think Priscilla can compare to someone who's practically a Bishop by then. :/

Lundgren abuse FTL, man. You best not go dissing on that there Priscilla. Never forget the Troubadour high movement healing utility, never forget. *is a heavy duty Priscilla fanboy* Still....*shoots for not putting Hector on his list*

I think I forgot to put Kent. I just wind up using him all the time for some reason. I used to always use Lucius too, but then his low defense started to frustrate me.

Oh yeah, what's with the Eliwood hate?

It's too bad 1) it's too much work to have Serra that high by that point 2) Priscilla always turns out better. Always.

It's too bad 1) it's too much work to have Serra that high by that point 2) Priscilla always turns out better. Always.

So true Priscilla is 10x better than Serra, no matter what.

I actually don't always use Eliwood. Sometimes I just leave him to rot during Hector's mode.

Lyn: I need her, and she is a good bow-user

Hector: Best character in the game

Raven: He is made out of pure awesome

Matthew: I never liked Legault.

Canas: Dark magic ftw!

Florina: She kills mages like bam.

Sain: Better than Kent. Need I say more?

Oswin: Perhaps the second best unit in the game.

Get ready for this...

Erk: I'm not sure why, I always use him

Serra: I know, I know...

Lundgren abuse FTL, man. You best not go dissing on that there Priscilla. Still....*shoots for not putting Hector on his list*

I think I forgot to put Kent. I just wind up using him all the time for some reason. I used to always use Lucius too, but then his low defense started to frustrate me.

Oh yeah, what's with the Eliwood hate?

Not really. All I did was got Serra to heal every little bit of HP that was taken off.

Bleh. Me hates Hector. He's just an ass.

I actually preferred Bartre. *Cowers*

Lyn: she strong, cute, v...v..

Rebecca: just like a little maiden

Pris: what a beautiful girl

Florina: she sooooo cute

Farina: she rock

Nino: a good girl, I think

Fiora: Man! Most beautiful lady in this game.

All of them and more...

All of them and more...

I love you for the first one. Someone else will love you for the second one.

You really like the ladies of this game, don't you?

All of them and more...

you and me are gonna get along JUST fine :D

I love you for the first one. Someone else will love you for the second one.

You really like the ladies of this game, don't you?

Ah, you...right! To tell the truth, not only this game but also FE6, FE5 and FE4. You may think that I am a little odd but really, the ladies in FE was awesome and they still awesome. I, myself, especially fonds of pegasus rider and I always use all of them if I have a chance.