Best pre-promote

CGV

Best pre-promote  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best pre-promote?

• Marcus
    • Isadora
    • Hawkeye
    • Pent
    • Louise
    • Harken
    • Jaffar
    • Vaida
    • Renault
    • Karel
    • Geitz
    • Athos
    • Karla

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pent, Harken, Jaffar, and Athos are all easily usable. Karel is not too far behind but he's not as versatile. I have never used Vaida but I would a venture a guess that she's not useless if one is in need of a flying or lance wielding character. I once found Louise usable in a playthrough in which both Wil and Rebecca turned out poorly but her lack of HP necessitated extra care. If forced to select one character, which is the purpose of this thread, I would choose Pent. Pent is a fair unit with access to anima magic (which is beneficial if Erk was left unused or turned out poorly), he can wield Physic staves, and he is more capable of holding his own in a precarious position, in comparison to the other available choices, if one is forced to put a healer into enemy lines. Pent is also apt to get more use than the other strong pre-promoted units due to the time he is recruited, if the player opts to use him. I tend use Jaffar more often than I do Pent (if I decide to use a pre-promoted unit at all) because I personally like the Assassin class, but Pent is a more solid and balanced character than Jaffar is.

I think it is, however, important to mention Marcus. Marcus is near indispensable for a beginner to the games and he can prove useful in the early stages of hard mode if one is so inclined. There are far superior choices for Marcus's place on one's team once the beginning portions of the game are completed and he isn't absolutely but he can, initially, prove a useful unit. I did not vote for Marcus because even though he can be vital to some player's strategies, and he is undoubtedly a decent fallback character, his usefulness grows thin rather rapidly.

Where is it determined that Athos was a prepromote? If anything hes in a class all to himself, like Dances and Bards. I choose Pent however, as pretty much for all the reason's Wist has stated.

Pent is the best Pre-promote ever. Expert players (such as me for instance) consider him the best Sage in FE7. His average stats at lv 20/20 are almost equal to that of Erk's except HP. Nino will have the edge overall, but her major problem is that she joins extremely late and extremely underleveled, which is incredibly difficult to use her on HHM. She gets killed easily when you first play her in HHM, considering shes only Lv. 5 Mage and that she requires A LOT of babysitting. Pent also starts off with an A-level support, which is a huge help if you're going for an S rank in tactics. Pent gains alot of EXP, unlike both Erk and Nino who gain's fair abit of EXP. Pent starts off with an A rank is staves. I barely get Erk up to C or B rank staff unless I do the arena for heals(which would be pretty silly so I won't), and Nino joins relatively late that its impossible ever get her to even D Rank...thus its there aren't any arena left to abuse in staff. Thats why Pent is better IMHO, best Sage ever in FE7.

Pent also starts off with an A-level support, which is a huge help if you're going for an S rank in tactics.

Care to elaborate? I don't see supports as a very big part of ranked runs, not to mention that Louise is horrific.

Then explain that, as with her auto support, she can have great stats without needed the turns to be supported. Snipers, a bad class? Thou not know of what thy speakith!

Pent is the bomb.

Saying "Snipers shouldn't be near the front" to excuse their inability to counter doesn't work. If one character can be put on the frontlines and kill enemies and the other cannot, that's a huge advantage for the other. Having to protect a character from melee sucks, especially at this point of the gane, since your healer has promoted by now and gained the ability to attack with 1-2 range.

They both aren't front-line fighters, so why would you have them there? Besides, most of the time there aren't enough enemies in 1 spot for it to matter.

I've gotta agree with that though.