Viada's Spear

Chocolate Kitty

Most hackers of FE7 know that viada is not beefed up for one battle, but it's the spear that is beefed up. It has a stat bonus like sacred weapons but other than that it's a normal spear right? Wrong, I've noticed a few other differences. For example, the "uber spear" cost much less then the normal 9800 or however much it is, it costs around 3750(1825 when sold). It also raises HP, unlike any normal stat bonuses you see in FE games.

Now if you're not a hacker nor do you cheat and you have your old GBA cartridge (I still do), you can still obtain this spear with ease. All you need is a mine and a rescuing unit. If you don't know the mine trick, it's actually ery simple. Place a mine in front of your unit as normal and wait. As soon as an enemy unit steps on it, quickly reset(A+B+Select+Start or Crt+R). When the game loads back up, you control the enemy units. Cool right? But for only one turn :( . Using this strategy, have someone lightweight (ex Lyn) place a mine in viada's blue area. Then quickly have someone rescue her. Make sure to do this outside the the shaman with luna's range, but make it possible for that shaman to reach the spot adjacent to the mine. End your turn. Viada's crazy ass will run into the mine, reset. After her turn finishes, move that shaman I mentioned earlier next to viada and trade the luna for her spear. Since the shaman is set drop any item it has in it's last item slot, kill the shaman when it's your turn again and voila! you have stolen the uber spear!

After that little fight is over, make sure to keep that spear handy, it's as good as a scred weapon, but lighter then the rex hasta, is ranged, and can be used in the link arena.

Edited by Dancer A

I always found it a better alternative for Boss Vaida Viada to trade the Ãœber Spear with someone other than the shaman, and for that person to hand it over to a nearby Merlinus. That way I don't lose that useful Luna. I also don't know why the Ãœber Spear didn't make up for Viada's lack of Luck compared to Vaida's base 11.

Sure is slowpoke.jpg around here.

But yeah, a lot of us have known about this for a while. o:

I don't see a big problem with posting it on the forums every few months. New blood comes in and doesn't necessarily know this stuff. I'm sure you could google it if you don't know how, but this is easier.

• 2 weeks later...