Fire Emblem Hard Exclusive Gaidens/General Levels

RUSH

I don't know if there are any of these, I haven't played all games and I haven't played all hard modes, but I think they're a good idea. Think about it: good side chapters act as rewards for doing difficult stuff (saving all NPAs, finishing in a certain number of turns) so why shouldn't playing hard mode be any different?

Its just the amount of motivation I need to actually play all the hard modes out there. It seems to me that normal is considered the 'cannon' difficulty for the game, but with this, everyone would feel more inclined to play hard.

Thoughts?

Well as of right now there are no hard mode exclusive levels for playing hard mode only stuff and not all FE had a difficulty setting (FE3, and FE5). FE6 (only gave one incentive for beating hard mode+14 times which was for one trial map character) and FE12 gave more incentives for example, beating hard 1 merges all the male classes for reclassing, and beating lunatic gives the preparation armory stat boosters to buy, and unlocks reverse mode where enemies attack first.

Anyways I wouldn't mind hard mode exclusive modes it'll most likely make people stop playing steamroll mode or normal mode at least.

Edited by Generic Officer

How about if you beat hard mode three times you can get the ability to adjust the growth rates of your characters? That would be a BIG incentive for me. Base stats could be adjusted as well (within +/- 5 or so), you could make the game harder or easier accordingly. Those wishing to do a 0% or 100% growths run wouldn't need to hack or use a cheating device. Another thing I was considering is having a new game plus where character levels and stats could carry over.

If we're talking hard mode exclusive general content, you should get to fight an alternate version of the final boss, much like Berserk Ashnard from PoR. I don't mean simply pump up the boss's stats; I mean give him another form with different abilities. If HM exclusive gaidens are gonna be in there, they should reward the player with items/characters that couldn't be obtained any other way, and they will of course make the rest of the game easier.

In PoR, hard is actually the canon difficulty due to Ashnard actually using the medallion. And if H5 is the canon difficulty for Shadow Dragon, no wonder why Marth's ancestors had such a hard time defeating Medeus. (FE3 elaborates more on this.)