question about accumulating support points in FE6-FE8

geozeldadude

in the GBA FE games you accrue points by standing next to a compatible person during battle. but if you get the option to "support" and you ignore it, do you still accrue points? so in other words, if you're eligible for a C support, can you accumulate enough points to get B and A as well at the same time or do you have to activate the C support before you can start getting points for B and A supports? this is the kind of trivia that i lay awake at night thinking about. ;)

I think you still get points if you don't since I remeber having forde and kyle having C support for a while and soon after noticing that I let them have it and a turn later they got B support. You just have to do C to get to B and so on.

I think you still get points if you don't since I remeber having forde and kyle having C support for a while and soon after noticing that I let them have it and a turn later they got B support. You just have to do C to get to B and so on.

cool. thanks. i suspected this was the case.

They began to accumulate.

If for example, you stay in a chapter with Eliwood and Ninian (FE7 example) for over 200 turns (arena abusing, or doing I don't what) the points still are given and in the next chapter the support is earlier.

However, I recall FE6 had a limit on turns or points, so you should check it out first.

Edited by Light Lord

FE6 has a hard limit on how many support points can be accumulated by your entire army each chapter. I think the number's like ~150.

EDIT: It was where I thought it was; the answer is 120.

A maximum amount of 120 points can be accumulated for all characters per chapter. For example, in Chapter 20, Roy and Lilina use up 60 points to go from a C support to a B support, leaving 60 points left for other characters. If Roy and Wolt also use 60 points up in the same chapter, no other characters can gain support points in the same chapter.

Edited by Integrity

I can't speak for FE6, but those answers are completely wrong for FE7 and 8. Support points stop accumulating once you reach 80, 160, or 240 (i.e. when you can have the support conversation) and don't start again until you have the conversation. This is very easy to prove with rudimentary hacking - set a support to anything from 0-80 points, and it's not active, make it 81-160 and it becomes a C rank support, 161-240 is a B rank and 241 is A rank. If it still accumulated support points, then the game would make you roll onto B and A ranks automatically.

FE6 probably uses the same system, but I can't speak empirically. Also, there's a limit of one conversation per chapter but you can still build points up after a conversation (so you could have two character who just joined stand together, have their C support, keep them together for ages, then have the B support at the start of the next chapter.

IIRC the support system in the GBA FEs uses support points - once 2 units get to 60 support points (conversation for C support), points stop building until the conversation is initiated, which adds 1 to support points (the same for B and A). So no, I don't think support points continue building if you ignore a supprot conversation.

In fact, it's like this for FE10 as well.

Edited by dondon151

I can't speak for FE6, but those answers are completely wrong for FE7 and 8. Support points stop accumulating once you reach 80, 160, or 240 (i.e. when you can have the support conversation) and don't start again until you have the conversation. This is very easy to prove with rudimentary hacking - set a support to anything from 0-80 points, and it's not active, make it 81-160 and it becomes a C rank support, 161-240 is a B rank and 241 is A rank. If it still accumulated support points, then the game would make you roll onto B and A ranks automatically.

I don't mean to be rude, but how do you explain my experiance?

I don't mean to be rude, but how do you explain my experiance?

As Dondon said, you likely remember wrong.

If you have a ROM or code device, find a guide with codes and mess around a little. Set the support level to, say, 76, and in 1-4 few turns together they'll be able to support, then watch as the number stays at exactly 80. Change it to 81, and the support conversation option disappears, but they're now at C rank. Change it back to 80, no support, but again they can have the conversation. Let them have the conversation, and their support level changes to 81 and with it, a C rank. Now change it back to 75 again and raise them up to 80. Now they can't have their support, and the level isn't rising again (I THINK this is right, but since you're effectively trying the same support twice, it might actually work... but in that case, change their support to 160 and watch as it doesn't rise any more and they can't support again).

Don't even need a code device. Start FE8. Blitz the first three chapters in -5 seconds if necessary. Stand Colm and Neimi together - they start with a C primed but not activated. Let 20 or 30 turns roll by then activate the C and end the map. You won't be able to trip the B conversation next map for another 20 or 30.

Plus, less complicated than IET's.

>>

<<