ITT I Play FE9

Before I continue on with the playthrough, please note that the games poll will be active until I get to Chapter 26. That is when I will be starting my new Let's Play. I might even give you a special treat:

A chronicled playthrough of FurryYunSeong's hack, GhebFE!

Again, any feedback is appreciated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

If you are wondering why I haven't been posting here, it's because I wanted to try something new for a bit. But I will complete this PT soon enough, just so that I can do Radiant Dawn after this.

P.S: My hiatus is finally going to end! (sadly, it's being transferred to my FE6 HM run). But who cares? You will get to see me play Path of Radiance again tomorrow.

Edited by DA125

• 1 month later...

Chapter 21: Without a King

Starting Units:

Ike, Soren, Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Gatrie, Mia, Rhys, Kevin, Marcia, Jill, Volke, Raisin

This thread was devoid of activity for two months, and people found my last two PT's boring due to my bad habit of arena abusing. So without further ado, let's do this.

Also, some names, like Gattacca, are no longer funny. They are going to be referred to as their normal names, except Kevin, which is a better name than Kieran(who shares that name with my cousin). And you know what I really hate? Going from my room to my computer and back just to write in log. It's an endless cycle of jumping over the armchair that I sit on while playing GameCube games and it's fucking BULLSHIT! Just like my arena abusing of Dieck and Bors on that failed FE6 run.

Stuff I did at the base:

-Bought shit

-Fed BEXP to Mist and promoted her.

-Fed BEXP to some other douches.

-Fed a spirit dust to Soren.

Not a bad map. You can ferry shit over the trenches if you want to be adventurous. Also, Kasatai. LOL A GENERAL WITH MORE MAGIC THAN DEFENSE!

I sent my units along a u-turn, using Ike to provoke the three soldiers and the halb. On turn 2, my mounted units start feasting on the loldiers, with my paladins taking the kills for the halbs. After Ike lured in more thugs, Volke opens the SE door, where Mia engages with a warrior. Marcia, of course, deals with two two myrmidons on the E side. Rolf then comes to finish what Mia started. After Ike finished the first sleep guy and another loldier, Marcia and Jill ferried Boyd over to the main group after Rolf killed the other myrm, Volke went spelunking, and Gatrie engaged the warrior(but the fucker still doesn't double generics. Of course). After Boyd kills it next turn, I take out the hammertime fighter and the two mages just loitering on the other side of the river. By turn 5 some fighters spawned from the SE corner of the map. I had my units keep moving, and destroyed a knight blocking Gat's way. I then put him into Kasatai's range.

Speaking of him, he was a complete joke. He does like no damage to Gatrie, who does 22 damage with his steel lance(I mean, who gives a fucking boss general 14def, especially this late in the game). Boyd took the kill, and on the same turn, I had Volke swipe the bishop's sleep staff. Volke then doubled back for the str drop(well, after Soren took out the sage), Mia kills the bishop, and Gat does more baiting. I then open the door containing the talisman, in which Volke grabs it, then healing Gatrie and Mia, and moving my units forward. On turn 10, the bishop starts to sleep my units. Luckily, Soren restores Gatrie, and I start to split up again. I send Gatrie, Jill, Rolf, Ike, and Reyson east; Mist, Boyd, Soren, and Mia go west, and as for Marcia and Volke, I had them take on an entire myrmidon gauntlet.(Oscar and Kevin were busy dealing with axefighters). During turns 10-12, Boyd gets slept again, and Oscar and Kevin move back to avoid the killer axe guy. As for Ike's group, After the two halb reinforcements were destroyed, Ike and Tauroneo had a small chat. Mia and Boyd then formed a barricade against the swordmaster reinforcements, with Marcia following suit. Most of the turn used after recruiting Taur was spent on my units getting random and unnecessary criticals.

After I regrouped and Volke got the last of the swag, I had Gatrie lure in the swordmaster and both generals, the latter of which he luna-killed. Oh well, Volke then stole another Physic(not that I need anymore), Boyd then killed the bishop, and finally I could face the boss. I had Soren and Boyd chip Ena down to about 10HP before Ike could take the boss kill. I seized on turn 20.

NAME 		LVL MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  SUPPORT   		SKILLZ
Ike      	07  49  21  07  21  23  15  17  11   B Soren/B Oscar  	Aether
Boyd 		04  48  22  01  18  17  11  12  06   C Mist   		Tempest
Oscar 		05  43  18  06  20  20  11  16  08   A Kevin/B Ike   	None
Soren      	06  33  03  26  23  19  11  06  24   B Ike 		Adept
Gattacca 	10  50  27  02  20  15  09  26  07   SS Tree in Skirt	Luna
Kevin   	04  42  19  04  18  18  11  17  07   A Oscar/B Marcia  	Gamble
Mia      	06  36  17  07  23  25  14  13  08   B Rhys 		Vantage/Wrath
Rofl 		05  37  17  06  20  20  13  14  09   A Marcia/B Rhys	None
Marcia      	05  35  17  05  20  23  11  13  14   A Rolf/B Kevin 	None
Jill 		05  40  20  05  20  18  09  22  07   A Mist          	Guard
Mist 		03  31  11  20  11  18  18  07  17   A Jill/C Boyd   	Miracle
Raisin  	06  (loldancer)                                  	Canto/Blessing
Volke 		01  32  18  00  20  20  10  20  05   SS 50000 Gold 	Shade
Tauroneo  	14  40  22  11  18  13  11  22  14   None   		Resolve

Swag: Parity, Stiletto, Energy drop, Talisman, Corrosion, Thoron, Master seal, Hero sword, Sleep, Physic

Edited by DA125