Canon Playthrough

With Shadow Dragon's limited character development, it can be difficult to realize who's cannonly supposed to do what. And most of the time, I honestly don't care, I just use the units I like. But out of curiousity, if a Canon playthrough was to be completed, I know Minerva kills Michalis and all that, but...

Who is supposed to wield Starlight?

I'm guessing it's Merric, but it could just as easily be Linde... :blink:

With Merric, it could easily be the fact that Gato--->Wendell---->Merric

But with Linde it would probably have to be out of revenge.

From Gharnef killing her father

Though really, I end up using Merric with Starlight.

Well that's true, I didn't think about his teachers. And there's the fact that Gharnef has Merric's crush.

I usually always use Maria with Starlight, but I just want to know who the game wants to use it for the Canon.

Probably Linde. Perhaps, with Linde being able in using Aura at lower Tome ranks, it could suggest at an affinity with Light Magic so... but I'm not sure if that alone is enough. :/

If you're going for a canon playthrough, you can't promote anyone except Darros, Dolph, Macallan, Abel, Vyland, Roshe and Thomas. Something to keep in mind.

If you're going for a canon playthrough, you can't promote anyone except Darros, Dolph, Macallan, Abel, Vyland, Roshe and Thomas. Something to keep in mind.

Whoa whoa whoa! :blink: I'm not backtracking to FE 1, just taking the storyline hints for what / who to use etc for sake of the story.

Wow, I never use any of those guys... :blink:

USE DARROS BECAUSE I LIKE HIM

Seriously, Abel has sone megaawesome growths. And he was referring to FE3, where a of the units you get, except for them, wern't promoted.

USE DARROS BECAUSE I LIKE HIM

Seriously, Abel has sone megaawesome growths. And he was referring to FE3, where a of the units you get, except for them, wern't promoted.

Oh. Well I'm thinking of trying to use all the chars important to the storyline and have them fufill the duties the game / story wants them too... And unfortunately in Shadow Dragon hardly anyone has any importance and even less have personality. (Thankfully Maria is chock full of both.) Including alot of the knights and the people that join you without saying anything...

Anyway, it looks like it's either Merric or Linde that's ''supposed'' to wield Starlight...

You should definitely have Maria wield Starlight. No protesting! (And no reclassing, either.....)

Canonically, the game doesn't tell you who is "supposed" to use Starlight, so it really doesn't matter. I usually trade it between Merric and Lena and they defeat Gharnef in tandem.

If you really want to be canon, give Mercurius to Astram and Gradivus to Hardin. That will give you a preview of FE 3 Book 2.

Edited by Charpig

You should definitely have Maria wield Starlight. No protesting! (And no reclassing, either.....)

Canonically, the game doesn't tell you who is "supposed" to use Starlight, so it really doesn't matter. I usually trade it between Merric and Lena and they defeat Gharnef in tandem.

If you really want to be canon, give Mercurius to Astram and Gradivus to Hardin. That will give you a preview of FE 3 Book 2.

Yup Yup. Imhullu doesn't even scratch her and she killed Gharnef in one hit (as a Sage; As a Bishop it takes two). ...Cuz she's awesome. NP! :awesome:

I just hate it's uses because it almost breaks when I get swarmed by all the other peons around Gharnef.

In canon, Navarre wont hurt women. So spare Pallies, Dracoknights, Tiki, and Pegasus knights. The former 2 have the same male/female appearance.

Then it's not really canon, is it? Navarre and all the other recruited characters are supposed to be alive for Book 2.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize you were being sarcastic in your above post.

Edited by Charpig

Then it's not really canon, is it? Navarre and all the other recruited characters are supposed to be alive for Book 2.

I said 'usually', as in, I do that in most playthroughs, as I'm trying to get the X chapters. But this isn't my 'usual' playthrough, so of course I'm gonna recruit him.

That was making a sarcastic remark to say 'I'm not going to use him'. ;)