FE8 chapter 1 glitch help

Gamerofloz

Right. I'm having a massive problem right now. When I start Chapter one, my two characters are in the upper-left hand corner of the map, in the postionions I'm guessing are 0x00 and 0x01, however, I need them to be on the other side of map or the tutorial freezes the game. Any hints on how to move them or remove the tutorial?

P.S. Don't ask about what happened to FE7. It's not something I want to talk about.

Huh. Sounds like someone modified that ROM (assuming you're using a ROM instead of a real cartridge). You could try using Nightmare to fix the positions yourself. If that doesn't work, you might want to try getting a new, clean ROM instead.

If you're playing on a cartridge, I can't think of any way to fix that.

As for the tutorial, I haven't played FE8 in a while, but IIRC, it doesn't show up in Hard Mode.

EDIT: Eh, I didn't notice this is in the ROM-Hacking section. Probably ignore the cartridge part then.

Edited by Raymond

Huh. Sounds like someone modified that ROM (assuming you're using a ROM instead of a real cartridge). You could try using Nightmare to fix the positions yourself. If that doesn't work, you might want to try getting a new, clean ROM instead.

If you're playing on a cartridge, I can't think of any way to fix that.

As for the tutorial, I haven't played FE8 in a while, but IIRC, it doesn't show up in Hard Mode.

EDIT: Eh, I didn't notice this is in the ROM-Hacking section. Probably ignore the cartridge part then.

I tried editing it with nightmare, it's what started this mess. Anyway, tried it on Hard Mode, and it's working. However I have a new problem. The game now freezes because Franz and Gilliam don't exist. Not helpful.