21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I replace Emblem weapons?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a lot of fun. It is genuinely difficult and has necessitated for me to use restarts a lot more than I'm used to. Some of the new weapons are confusing and redundant, though - the bowgun was a treasure yet it is weaker than an iron bow, and weapons with the Emblem prefix are nothing more than irons with 60 uses. I do like that mounted units can move again after attacking, like in FE9, and that you gave bow users the opportunity to get an extra space of range with the holy bow I found. Did you give snipers an extra crit chance, or a default increase in range? That's going to help me decide if I use Neimi.

Keep up the great work.

This is a lot of fun. It is genuinely difficult and has necessitated for me to use restarts a lot more than I'm used to. Some of the new weapons are confusing and redundant, though - the bowgun was a treasure yet it is weaker than an iron bow, and weapons with the Emblem prefix are nothing more than irons with 60 uses. I do like that mounted units can move again after attacking, like in FE9, and that you gave bow users the opportunity to get an extra space of range with the holy bow I found. Did you give snipers an extra crit chance, or a default increase in range? That's going to help me decide if I use Neimi.

Keep up the great work.

For classes I changed nothing ^_^ Oh I did put a lot of weapons, you'll find a bow that slays armors in the armory of ch. 5 I think. Thank you btw ^_^.

Lol, all my special items and weapons turned into Dummy after Ch2 :(

How weird :blink:

Did you use NUPS to patch it?

Wasn't there a Orions Bolt in chapter 7 or so? I nearly finished the game and I can't find one

In chapter 6 in the easier patch theres an archer with an orion's bolt, in the harder one the playable soldier has it ^_^ (he was supposed to have it but he didn't in the old patch so I edited and put up a new patch)

There was also supposed to be master proofs sellable in Chapter 14 and Chapter 19 secret shops but I accidentally put Conqueror's Proofs instead ^^' I got them confused but I put up a new patch for both easy and hard. Also on random enemies on random maps I put items like orion's bolt, hero crests, etc (on both old and new patches ^_^)

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Wasn't there a Orions Bolt in chapter 7 or so? I nearly finished the game and I can't find one

You get an Orion's Bolt if you finish chapter 6 with all the civilians alive. Well, in the original game, at least.

Chapter 7 just gets you a Knight Crest from Murray.

^yeah nvm that now lol.

Edited by Feaw

You get an Orion's Bolt if you finish chapter 6 with all the civilians alive. Well, in the original game, at least.

Chapter 7 just gets you a Knight Crest from Murray.

Not in this patch(es) because I replaced one of the npcs ^^'

lol Feaw

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I added a poll, about Emblem weapons theyre pretty much the same to iron weapons ^^' but have more uses. anyyways If I do replace them what should I put? Should I add knives? bows? lances? swords? axes? one of each? (no tomes though ^^')

so... where can I find one now?

what chapter are you on? I'll make a patch for you ^_^

Pretty sure I did.

Idk why it did that, i'll try to figure it out ^^'

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Ok this ones have the emblem weapons gone instead I added the Quick Bow, Quick Sword, Cat Beil :3 i didnt' want to rip off the Wolf Beil so I edited a weaker form of it ^^' and a custom lance for Valter/Duessel/Cormag the one thats supposed to drive Valter insane ^^' it has bonuses to it too +3 for every stat was going to put +6 because 6 is the "evil" number :3 but that would be too many bonuses on Valter/Duessel/Cormag. Oh yes I also added a new Fire tome its pretty much an Elfire from FE6 with 8mt but 1wt ^^' Lute comes with it and its only found in three other chapters. (9A, 10b, and 17)

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I'm up to the chapter where you recruit Joshua and Natasha. I can't beat it. All those bandit reinforcements, good grief...

I think I'm going to have to start this PT over and work on supports instead of trying to run it naked. That ought to help out a lot.

I'm up to the chapter where you recruit Joshua and Natasha. I can't beat it. All those bandit reinforcements, good grief...

I think I'm going to have to start this PT over and work on supports instead of trying to run it naked. That ought to help out a lot.

I beat that chapter last night, you are right it was a bitch, but I got through it without losing any characters on HM

Just have Seth supporting Erika and have the both of them blocking off the rightside gate thing, with back up from Lute and Natasha, it is actually quite easy, just save state incase of Erika being hit twice or something and keep that blocked off moving Lute and Nat back outta range if the hand-axe wielding Brigands get close enough and although it might take awhile you'll get through it!

Chokehold FTW!

Also Elincia, I'm up to Chapter 7 and I haven't lost a unit yet!

Hardest Patch on Hard Mode.

You've actually forced me to play with Seth, I always dump his ass the moment I can, cause I quite dislike Pre-Promo's but he has been helpful, mainly for weakening enemies for the others to kill and that chokehold on Chapter 5!

Thoughts so far on characters:

Ross with full Garcia support as a Pirate is just plain Sexy, he took out Novala with such EASE!!

That Quick Axe, makes him soooo devastating!

Neimi on her own actually (she has B-rank Colm Support but he is benched, only for chest maps) with all her new Bows and everything she is a BEAST!

I don't know if I got blessed or something but she is Level 8 with 9 attack, which is alot for her!

Lute is well, Lute I never used to use her but with her Flame Tome, she was irreplaceable on Chapter 5, now after using her I realise what a good unit she is!

Actually you've forced me to use alot of unit's I'd just ignore before, thanks!

You have succeeded in making SS a fresh and hard game!

Thanks!

Thank you, i'm glad you're enjoying it ^_^

I think this is the last patch i'll annoy you all with, but i'll be looking out for errors.

In this one Gerik's promoting to ranger problems are actually fixed. Boss stats are reasonable and not impossible like the last patch, and the weapon locks are finally right! :) If you see any errors please tell me.

Here's the easier patch, imo the easier one is already enjoyably difficult (its the one i'm playing ^_^). I'll upload them tomorrow on my first post and i'll edit this one too. The reason I put two patches instead of one is because idk which one everyone is enjoying so I might as well just use both. BTW Bayonett and Luna Katti dont have weapon stats because theyre locked under monster weapons but these are their stats:

Luna Katti has 35 uses 7MT, 90hit, 3 wt, 25crit (i replaced mani katti). Bayonett's is in the first post.

I put Luna Katti there to pretty much make Marisa trainable. I also put more uses to Duessel's exclusive weapon :3. Idk how to make Ewan more trainable, should I make something exclusive to him? ^^' All the other crappy characters have their exclusive weapons: Knoll, Syrene, Amelia, Marisa, Dozla except poor little Ewan(and Lute).

BTW the save file you have can still work, so you don't have to restart ^_^

I forgot to say I decided to return Seth's original growths, everyone else has the same bases and growths I shouldn't deny Seth's ^^' besides his exp gain isn't too hot so I decided to get back to what he was.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I'm at Ch4 now in a slightly outdated patch. Some Iron weapons not being buyable in Ch2 Armory is :( I hope this changed in a newer version.

I think this is the last patch i'll annoy you all with, but i'll be looking out for errors.

Except you're not actually annoying us with it. It's really enjoyable! The original FE8 was way too easy and this is a very pleasant change.

Here's the easier patch, imo the easier one is already enjoyably difficult (its the one i'm playing ^_^). I'll upload them tomorrow on my first post and i'll edit this one too. The reason I put two patches instead of one is because idk which one everyone is enjoying so I might as well just use both. BTW Bayonett and Luna Katti dont have weapon stats because theyre locked under monster weapons but these are their stats:

^That link is a lifesaver.

I put Luna Katti there to pretty much make Marisa trainable. I also put more uses to Duessel's exclusive weapon :3. Idk how to make Ewan more trainable, should I make something exclusive to him? ^^' All the other crappy characters have their exclusive weapons: Knoll, Syrene, Amelia, Marisa, Dozla except poor little Ewan(and Lute).

Flames aren't good enough?

BTW the save file you have can still work, so you don't have to restart ^_^

Yeah, but I'm still worried that you might have added new items in the parts that were already played through. Although, if the items are all replacements, then I guess my current inventory would have those modifications too when switching to an updated patch...

I forgot to say I decided to return Seth's original growths, everyone else has the same bases and growths I shouldn't deny Seth's ^^' besides his exp gain isn't too hot so I decided to get back to what he was.

Too late for me ;~;

do you know of other uploading places I can use? ^^' Megaupload is the only one I know of.

Ok you can download it now ^_^

Mediafire is goo-oh, wait, you're already using that.

I'll Safy-fy Natasha and have hammerne locked to her

Also, I lol'd too hard at this. It wasn't enough for English speakers to start verbalizing nouns, so now they started doing it with names too!

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

Is the Hard patch not supposed to be available any more? Because that's what I've been playing.

Oh I forgot to post it

Thanks for reminding me ^_^

I personally like the easier patch but here's the hard one.

hard patch

Edited by Queen_Elincia