Valkyria Chronicles II

Rewjeo

So, the game's been out for a few days now. Has anyone else gotten it, or is anyone else looking at getting it?

I preordered it from Gamestop since I'd seen that you'd get a couple of bonus missions that would be unlocked with a code they'd put on the receipt, but neither I or my friend got one >>

Anyways, so far, I'm very pleased with it. The new class and tank systems are great, although I've found class-changing people difficult. Fighting commandos, and I've only got four people to class change once. I've got another lancer who can, but only to a mortarer, which I don't want.

I feel as though the only thing that was a downgrade going to the PSP is the lack of voice-acting and having fewer cutscenes. But when that's replaced with a crap-ton of missions, more depth, and multiplayer that looks like it's gonna be awesome, I don't really mind.

So far, my only complaints are the occasional difficulty spikes (that battle in the Diebal Mtns was nice, but after coming out of several missions that I A-ranked on my first try, that spike was too big) and the lack of saving. No saving in the briefing room, no loading in-battle, no save feature in battle (not even something like suspending in FE) and, worst of all, you can only use one save file. Coming from someone who actively used eight save files in Valkyria Chronicles one for just one game, that's displeasing.

I don't have a PSP nor do I have any interest in getting one. Maybe I'll convince a friend to buy it so I can try it out. Same thing with Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Edited by El Rey León

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I got it a few days ago. You're somewhat right with the difficulty spike, the mission with Baldren (and now, with Audrey or whatever his sister is named) have been pretty tough, haven't won the battle for Yuell yet ._.

But I really like the game, the classmate events give a feeling of FE-Supports, and the new promotion system is very interesting.

except for the special commanders like Baldren and co. there aren't really very challenging foes (If you got the hang out of the V2s, they can very easy: a single strike of a fencer can take them out if you destroy the support Vehicles.).

Also, the lacking variety of maps is a bit frustrating... but it's still a great game, I can only recommend it for every strategy fan.

I eventually got the first one with Baldren, although it required sacrifices. A few missions did, actually. The first one with Audrey... I think I had enough CP left that, once I saw her, I just dashed to the finish or some such thing. The Yuell one... is it the first one there? You just have to get someone, I used Zeri, to go up and over to one of the switches and run Avan in. It can be done in one turn.

V2's are pretty lol if you know how to handle them. Even a Light Tank is invincible and OHKOs them with a headshot and no supply vehicle, and I think 3HKOs even if there is one. And when Light Tank B only takes 1 CP...