The Legend of Zelda series

Serene

Favorite  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite LoZ games (excludes CD-I) (Multiple choice)

• Legend of Zelda-NES
    • Zelda II- Adventure of Link
    • ALink to the Past
    • Ocarina of Time
    • Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons
    • Wind Waker
    • Four Swords Adventures
    • Minish Cap
    • Twilight Princess
    • Majora's Mask
    • Link's Awakening
    • Phantom Hourglass

Pretty much talk about one of the most succesful video game series.

Legend of Zelda was the first major game series that I got all "Oh My fuckin God, there's a new LoZ game coming out."

For the poll I just took the guess and thought that you all know the LoZ abbrevations.

If there is any I forgot (minus CD-I games) let me know

It's kinda hard to decifer which ones are which with the abbreviations.

My favortie has to be wind waker though. I know a lot of people hated the pointless endless sailing, but I loved that. The whole game felt like an actual adventure.

My favorites are OoT, because Saria's song is my favorite piece of video game music ever, I haven't played it in a while and I still have it in my head.

WW because of the fact that it was different from the rest and it gave Ganon a more human like feel when he was around.

TP just because this game owns on like five different levels. Most challenging 3-D LoZ I have played.

ALttP was challenging took me over a month of "What the fuck" deaths.

OoT, WW and TP were my favourites.

I still have to play Phantom Hourglass, though. If anyone here has played it, is it as good as WW?

There was a review of it on Zero punctuation. Other than that I dunno.

You're missing Link's Awakening :[

Oracle of Seasons was the best for me. Majora's Mask is far far far better than Ocarina of Boredom for me as well.

A Link to the Past is better than them all due to having 12+ dungeons to explore.

WW is my absolute favorite! the atmosphere and the music is spectacular!

MM's concept is also very daring and effective

I don't know why TP is considered such a good Zelda game though, as a game itself, it kicks ass, but as a zelda game, i think it lacks in some areas taht make a truly outstanding

I still have to play Phantom Hourglass, though. If anyone here has played it, is it as good as WW?

That reminds me, Phantom Hourglass isn't on the poll. It isn't as good as WW, but it is still worth playing.

Oracle of Seasons was the best for me. Majora's Mask is far far far better than Ocarina of Boredom for me as well.

A Link to the Past is better than them all due to having 12+ dungeons to explore.

Right....Ocarina of Time is considered possibly the best video game of all time by a good number of gamers. You won't get far with that statement. Whether you like it or Majora's Mask depends entirely on how you play video games. If you like lots of sidequests and stuff, MM is for you. If you like a long game with a more engaging plot, OoT is for you.

That reminds me, Phantom Hourglass isn't on the poll. It isn't as good as WW, but it is still worth playing.

Right....Ocarina of Time is considered possibly the best video game of all time by a good number of gamers. You won't get far with that statement. Whether you like it or Majora's Mask depends entirely on how you play video games. If you like lots of sidequests and stuff, MM is for you. If you like a long game with a more engaging plot, OoT is for you.

Shit I forgot Phantom Hourglass, well I'll fix that in a second.

Yeah favorite games depend on your taste

I'd have to say, between the two 64 games, I liked Ocarina better. Majora's Mask wasn't bad, but it was really boring at points. The dungeon design especially was nothing like Ocarina's design. I loved every dungeon in Ocarina (with the exception of Bottom of the Well because it was hella confusing) but I found most of the dungeons in Majora's Mask to be tedious and boring, at best.

Don't get me wrong now, Majora's Mask is still an incredible game, just not as good as Ocarina, in my book.

Zelda: A Link to the Past. Only Zelda game I got into with Ocarina of time coming in second.

Though Zelda 2 was the first one I played, it was garbage.

And if you love A Link to the Past, then you will like a rom hack for it called Parallel Worlds.

Phantom Hourglass is like one of the worst in the series. Its dungeons are incredibly bland and empty and forces crappy controls on your, has nothing to do with the game it was supposedly based off of, aside from the art style, and lame music >.> At least some of the boss battles felt cool but that's against an incredibly boring game :[

If you like a long game with a more engaging plot, OoT is for you.

Ocarina has no plot compared to Majora's Mask. None of the Zelda games really have a plot--the most you get is go here go there five sentences of stuff go here go there. There's a reason why Miyamoto says story telling should be simple and short in regards to these games.

Phantom Hourglass is like one of the worst in the series. Its dungeons are incredibly bland and empty and forces crappy controls on your, has nothing to do with the game it was supposedly based off of, aside from the art style, and lame music >.> At least some of the boss battles felt cool but that's against an incredibly boring game :[

Ocarina has no plot compared to Majora's Mask. None of the Zelda games really have a plot--the most you get is go here go there five sentences of stuff go here go there. There's a reason why Miyamoto says story telling should be simple and short in regards to these games.

I disagree with you on PH's boringness, but that's beside the point. OoT did have something of a story. MM was just "Get my mask back in 3 days and save the world." Not much.

Nooo...

Maybe the lack of plot is something that attracts people. Like me. I don't really care about this goddess stuff, all I need to know is

Link will take down Ganondorf, Zelda will help

You have to admit, TLoZ dungeons are one of the best dungeons in videogame history.