Pokemon Emerald Ingame Tier List

Don Draper

Quick question: Why is Carvanha so high? Having a HM slave is nice, but it comes, like, right before Fortree.

That's actually a good question. Sharpedo's durability is utter balls. 70HP/40Def/40SpDef is absolutely terrible, though Water/Dark is decent defensively(immune to T&L, resistant to everything else after them except Drake, not that it matters since most of them still 2HKO his ass anyway). He does have good offense with 120Atk/95SpAtk/95Spd, and access to Crunch(learned at Lv22), Surf, Ice Beam, Slash, and EQ(he might not get EQ, considering that Flygon/Aggron/Armaldo/non-Pert starter want it more). As for his gym compatibility, he's so-so against Winona, but rapes face against T&L since Psychic can't hurt him and he 2HKO's back at worst with Crunch(he might even OHKO Solrock lololol). He can even function as a dragon slayer with Ice Beam(which OHKO's everything on Drake's team except Kingdra.)

I could see him dropping a tier at worst due to availability and durability issues.

Since this is Emerald and not R/S, Marill is available just as early as Wingull, in the route west of Petalburg.

Oh right, I looked at seribii and didn't see teh emerald section, my bad.

Still, With such a good HM slave, gym leader fighter and with such good availability, I find it hard to buy her in upper mid and not high.

Edit: Just ctrl-F'ed Lunatone and nothing came up. (even Luna doesnt find anything, ao I didn't just misspell it).

Edited by Zwiebel

One more question before I shove my foot in my mouth:

Is this based off of a team that's going from start to finish, or are some Pokemon caught for certain times, then dumped?

There isn't any catchable Lunatones in this game.

Well, that would explain it.

Is this based off of a team that's going from start to finish, or are some Pokemon caught for certain times, then dumped?

I assume its from start to finish, as otherwise the pokemon would be penalised for forcing us to ctahc a lower levelled one (unless its for a very short period of time, but I wouldn't train a pokemon for 7 gyms to drop him/her at the end).

Edited by Zwiebel

I see a disturbing lack of Anorith/Lileep on this tier list. Where would you rank the two fossil dudes(in your opinion.) Personally, Anorith is about Mid thanks to his good offence and decent bulk. Lileep...I'd recommend Low, maybe Low mid. Anything above that is pushing it. I didn't recommend them in the higher tiers because they DO show up after Lavaridge at Lv20(which, compared to the rest of the team, is 8-10 levels behind), and taking a look at their movepools, it isn't that great.

As for gym effectiveness, they're decent against Norman, ditto Winona. It's actually against Juan that their different typing makes a difference. Cradily is fairly good against Juan thanks to STAB Giga Drain, his neutrality to water and high Sp.Def. Armaldo, on the other hand, gets raped. He can only take one Water Pulse before dying(compared to Cradily's 6+), and his speed is little better than his counterpart's. It doesn't help that AncientPower is weaker than Earthquake even after factoring in STAB.

Wurmple could probably slip in the bottom of Low due to being essentially a crutch for Brawly, with x4 Fighting resistance on both forms, and Gust/Confusion being SE, the latter also causing confusion occasionally (Dustox), and the former getting STAB (Beautifly). After that, they're essentially useless, but it's more than Skitty can ever do. (Why is Skitty even above Corphish anyways? Corphish can be obtained as soon as you get the Super Rod at a high level (30, IIRC), while Skitty consumes a Moon Stone to even evolve, and is crap.)