Is it possible to add chapters onto a game like fe8?

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

It is possible. Custom events are always fun.

As for how, it's simple: Take a map like a Valni map and use the events or the Chapter Unit Editor to change the units. Then set up your events. After that, you have to figure out how to manipulate it so that your new chapter will take place after the previous one.

Alternately, you could do what I just told you, except with the route split. As in, Ephraim's route is automatic, and the rest of Eirika's route comes after that.

One thing you might want to consider first, though:

Hacks take A LOT of work. Like, expect to be spending lots of time on it if you intend it to succeed. So unless you've hacked before, I wouldn't recommend you start meddling with things like events and chapters until you have some experience with hacking ROMs with Nightmare and FEditor_Adv. You have no idea how many ambitious hacks have been started by inexperienced hackers with no idea what to do. Almost all of them were asking everyone for help, or the hack just kinda died because they didn't feel like doing that much work.

And don't tell me you're not like those other people, that you can handle it. Most of them said that too. So unless you're truly serious about making a really creative and/or special hack, stick with Nightmare/FEditor_Adv hacks for now.

Of course, if you've have a lot of experience hacking, feel free to ignore everything I just said~

EDIT: And the very fact that you added the words "before I start making a hack" kinda implies that you don't have any experience hacking. Protip: Don't start trying custom chapters until you are very comfortable with Nightmare and FEditor_Adv.

Edited by Camtech086

One thing you might want to consider first, though:

Hacks take A LOT of work. Like, expect to be spending lots of time on it if you intend it to succeed. So unless you've hacked before, I wouldn't recommend you start meddling with things like events and chapters until you have some experience with hacking ROMs with Nightmare and FEditor_Adv. You have no idea how many ambitious hacks have been started by inexperienced hackers with no idea what to do. Almost all of them were asking everyone for help, or the hack just kinda died because they didn't feel like doing that much work.

And don't tell me you're not like those other people, that you can handle it. Most of them said that too. So unless you're truly serious about making a really creative and/or special hack, stick with Nightmare/FEditor_Adv hacks for now.

Of course, if you've have a lot of experience hacking, feel free to ignore everything I just said~

EDIT: And the very fact that you added the words "before I start making a hack" kinda implies that you don't have any experience hacking. Protip: Don't start trying custom chapters until you are very comfortable with Nightmare and FEditor_Adv.

ok, I understand what you mean