Unexpected fortune!

Balcerzak

So, I was flipping through my CDs, trying to find a specific album so I could check the liner notes for exact lyrics.

All of a sudden, I find a different album, and one I thought I had lost in the move, and that I'd really been torn up over losing, because it was a gift from a friend, and because it had been autographed.

I am now entirely happy, and ripping the music to my hard-drive as I type, and preparing to binge myself on it shortly thereafter.

Edited by Balcerzak

Stop being so lucky on your speedruns. How could you possibly kill Maxime so easily? Stealth RNG burning.

...I didn't even remember how I dealt with him other than that I knew I had Sain using the Halberd for part of it. I went and rewatched, and Maxime still required a triple team by everyone that went down that side, with essentially their most powerful weapons possible. Yes, he went down in basically a single phase, but you made it sound like I got a lucky crit off, or dodged everything.

Still, I will admit that it probably required a fair bit of trial and error, and sometimes that line could blur with 'stealth RNs'. I guess that's just how I typically roll, though. :lol:

Oh, and also the cumulative trial and error for non-shitty level ups as well, should probably factor that in too.

Yeah, my runs are clearly not designed around plug-and-play, no denying that.

Edit: This reminds me, I need to see about FE6 Ch13. I tried bottom route, need to see if top route does it faster.

Edited by Balcerzak

...I didn't even remember how I dealt with him other than that I knew I had Sain using the Halberd for part of it. I went and rewatched, and Maxime still required a triple team by everyone that went down that side, with essentially their most powerful weapons possible. Yes, he went down in basically a single phase, but you made it sound like I got a lucky crit off, or dodged everything.

Still, I will admit that it probably required a fair bit of trial and error, and sometimes that line could blur with 'stealth RNs'. I guess that's just how I typically roll, though. :lol:

Oh, and also the cumulative trial and error for non-shitty level ups as well, should probably factor that in too.

Yeah, my runs are clearly not designed around plug-and-play, no denying that.

Edit: This reminds me, I need to see about FE6 Ch13. I tried bottom route, need to see if top route does it faster.

. . .

Stop being so lucky on your speedruns. How could you possibly kill Maxime so easily? Stealth RNG burning.

How did you get to derail the thread so easily?

Most likely because the thread was about something I probably should have just used my status updater to ramble about, but I didn't think about that until just now.

Also, 'unexpected fortune' could also refer to just good luck in general, which it appears I have some small measure of.

Maxime is ridiculous. Where the ballsacks did he got those 'roids from HNM to HHM?

I know, right?

+21 HP

+8 STR

+8 SKL

+5 SPD

+0 LUK

+4 DEF

+6 RES

...that's some serious buffage.

[spoiler=read and weep]LEVEL: 6

* Hp: 40

* Strength: 14

* Skill: 12

* Speed: 13

* Luck: 5

* Defence: 9

* Resistance: 15

* Move: 8

* Con: 11

* Aid: 14

Hard

LEVEL: 6

* Hp: 61

* Strength: 22

* Skill: 20

* Speed: 18

* Luck: 5

* Defence: 13

* Resistance:21

He makes me want to cry. I remember thinking "I'll put Marcus in his range with Halberd, that'll show him!" He then proceeded to ORKO Marcus, who is arguably my strongest units. All my units suck. I just started crying.

Hahaha, it's amazing how much time you can end up wasting, just because of a couple unlucky choices by the RNG. The perfect speedrun is all but impossible.