Questions Regarding FE8?

BlueLeafeon

okay so I've been researching this stuff for a while now and decided I wanted to make a hack. thing is I don't really know where to start with evetns. I want to change what happens in the scene with the soldiers attacking eirikas dad but the nightmare module doesn't list it. help?

also can anybody tell me how to change stat screens? I've seen hacks with them changed and wanted to do something myself.

Before you make the same exact mistake I did...

Start off very small. I suggest simply sticking to Nightmare to change around classes and numbers and FEditor to change text and portraits. If you want practice swapping around portraits, simply use the ones fro preexisting Fire Emblem GBA games. (This is frowned upon however, and you should try to get them palette consistent, a recolor, or new portraits.)

If you feel like being a bit adventurous, get Mappy and the MAR inserter, as well as HxD. You keep the same exact troop positions but can change the terrain around a bit.

Do not attempt to learn events or hex editing on your first run. Stick to Nightmare and FEditor until you get the hang of the basics.

For tutorials, I would recommend Fire Emblem Universe. They have a small tutorial database there.

Hope this helps,

-Sire

A couple thing you should know:

Firstly, you don't change events with Nightmare.

Secondly, you don't do event changes on your first hack.

Thirdly, you can change the stat screen in a hex editor.

Fourthly, you shouldn't try that on your first hack either.

Finally, if you REALLY WANT to know how to do this stuff NOW, you can find tutorials and resources here.

Edited by Camtech086