I have a choice.

Anouleth

I can buy a ticket and get a train to London in two hours, so I can get to an orthodontist appointment in time. But that would cost me £66 because I have to buy the ticket immediately before getting on the train (but I can get a lift back).

Or I can miss my appointment and get another one, in which case I'll need to go to London another time. But depending on what happens, because I've missed it (and it has already been moved once before), I might need to go a second time due to complications from leaving a spring on too long. It will cost me between 12 and 20 pounds each way, and I need to get return tickets.

what do?

go to another dentist where you are right now.

no complications and no wasting money for a train ticket.

Orthodontist, not dentist. They're less common.

Also I never knew you were English/Living in England, Anouleth. Mind saying which bit by any chance?

I'd say I'm probably too late but I'd go for a later appointment. Preferably not TOO much later though - soon enough that there's unlikely to be complications but far enough you can get a cheap advance ticket

I'm leaning towards just staying. I'd need to not sleep for the next ~8 hours to go to London. And it would probably be more expensive...

Does anyone know if they might fine me for missing my appointment?

yeah, its pretty common for fines, id go know. if your getting the crap in your mouth might as well stick with it right?