Risk: Now with SF Players!

Jaybee

That's wrong.

If there are 3 units in Iceland and they attack Scandinavia which has 1, then it is 3v1. After the battle, one stays back in the country. Not beforehand.

If there are 3 units in Iceland and they attack Scandinavia, then the attacker gets to roll 2 dice and the defender 1. It's only if there are 4 or more that the attacker gets to roll 3 dice.

Otherwise, if there are 2 units vs. 2, how many dice does the attacker get? If one, then that's inconsistent. If two, then what if the defender kills both?

http://www.indepthinfo.com/risk/rules-outline.shtml

Attacking: The player then may attack any country adjacent to his own (where he possesses more than one army). He then picks out the number of dice equal to his own attacking armies. (He can't count the army which must remain behind to occupy the territory.) The defender does the same up to two dice, but he may count the army occupying the territory for this purpose.
Edited by I Eat Tables

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are 3 units in Iceland and they attack Scandinavia, then the attacker gets to roll 2 dice and the defender 1. It's only if there are 4 or more that the attacker gets to roll 3 dice.

Otherwise, if there are 2 units vs. 2, how many dice does the attacker get? If one, then that's inconsistent. If two, then what if the defender kills both?

Defender cannot kill both attackers. Defender can only leave attacker with 1 minimum.

Which is a poor justification, really.

Anyway, check the rules I quoted, then google 'Risk Rules'. I looked at 3 sites towards the top of page 1, all agree that the attacker rolls 1 die less than the people he has in the territory.

Which is a poor justification, really.

Anyway, check the rules I quoted, then google 'Risk Rules'. I looked at 3 sites towards the top of page 1, all agree that the attacker rolls 1 die less than the people he has in the territory.

You mean that you guys actually had to look up one of the game's basic rules?

Yup. Just that whenever I go to Forum Games, I click straight on Assassin's Guild and ignore everything else. :P

Spykor sent 1 unit to Eastern Canada and 2 to Yakutsk. He fell asleep after that.

BOARD

reeskturn1player5.png

Slayer, your turn. 3 units.