Lord of the Rings Online

Trueblade

1 member has voted

1. 1. What's the best class in Lord of the Rings Online?

• Rune-keeper
    • Champion
    • Guardian
    • Burglar
    • Hunter
    • Minstril
    • Lore-Master
    • Warder

I have been looking around Serenes, and I realized, there is NO mention whatsoever of Lord of the Rings Online. I just recently got addicted to it and wonder if anybody else shares my addiction. I currently have a level 32 Rune-keeper (my prefered char), a level 25 guardian (BORING compared to RK), and a level 20 champ (bows are fun!). This december I'm getting a Warden and a Burglar or a Lore-Master. Anybody else play?

Got the lifetime sub back when it launched and never looked back.

Also, your poll is missing my choice.

CAPTAIN FOR LIFE

HOLY CRAP, I forgot one of the best classes! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

CAPTAIN FOR LIFE

CAPTAIN BROS

But yeah, I do. 'Though I've stopped of late, my character does exist. Eliwulf's my main, smacking things with greatswords in a swirly red cloak's my game.

I intend to get back into it one of these days.

Edited by Furetchen

Eliwulf Facebeater, Weird of the Worms (can't remember what title I usually roll with, but this is the only one besides Troll-kicker that sticks out in my mind), 62 or 63 Cappy on ... Elendilmir, I think it was? It's been a while, as I've said.

What are the rules on reentering FreebieZone when you previously had a paid account? Like, what are my alting priveliges with a full account of dudes, for instance?

All I know is if you had a lifetime sub you get everything forever and free Turbine points as a pension check. BOOYEAH

I think you get a Tier 2 account automatically or some shit.

YOU SHALL NOT PAY!

I actually did pay $30. It was worth it, just for Turbine Points. Got a 4th bag, 2 extra chars (I think I've been cheated though, because Premium automatically gets 3 chars, but I ordered and extra slot and I still only have 3).

Slink Kii of the Quick Post, 53 Man Captain on Silverlode.

53 Captain? Geez, the buffs will never end!

Eliwulf Facebeater, Weird of the Worms (can't remember what title I usually roll with, but this is the only one besides Troll-kicker that sticks out in my mind), 62 or 63 Cappy on ... Elendilmir, I think it was? It's been a while, as I've said.

What are the rules on reentering FreebieZone when you previously had a paid account? Like, what are my alting priveliges with a full account of dudes, for instance?

Your alts will still be F2P, I believe, as they would not be linked in anyway to your VIP acount, so far as I know.

All I know is if you had a lifetime sub you get everything forever and free Turbine points as a pension check. BOOYEAH

I think you get a Tier 2 account automatically or some shit.

I need to get a life-time sub, I think, but that much money is very hard to come by. I'm just asking for Mines of Moria and subscription cards for Christmas and my birthday, so Warden, here I come! And what do you mean by teir-2 acount? Premium?

And what do you mean by teir-2 acount? Premium?

Frankly, I don't even know what I mean. I seem to remember there were three tiers of accounts, and new accounts got Tier 1, previous paying accounts automatically got Tier 2, and lifetime subs got Tier 3, with increasing benefits.

I actually did pay $30. It was worth it, just for Turbine Points. Got a 4th bag, 2 extra chars (I think I've been cheated though, because Premium automatically gets 3 chars, but I ordered and extra slot and I still only have 3).

...you get three bags by default.

In a game where corpses drop [Tattered Pelvis] instead of actual cash.

NICE.

It looks fun but it wont download for me.

The client to download the game or the game itself?

...you get three bags by default.

In a game where corpses drop [Tattered Pelvis] instead of actual cash.

NICE.

Seriously, and most monsters drop at least 3 different cash items, not to mention I have a habit of killing stuff after I farm, so I don't HAVE three spaces to hold in. And actually, human-like creatures (goblins, orcs, men, brigands, etc) drop cash as well, but the non-human kind don't. so it's a pain in the ass if you save recipies in your inventory and crafting stuff in case you need them ever, and are a pack rat with only 60 bank slots.

Define 'never'. Given how much you're gonna be downloading? It'll be a while before you reach the one percent milestone, I think.

Actually, it only took me 40 minutes to download the full HD version, but it is possible.

...Kinda.

This is gonna take a while to explain. There's this zone, the Ettenmoors. When you hit level 10 with a dude you get the option of creating a generic, fairly terrible fighter there who's like, a fifth of a properly geared fully-levelled PC. You can, of course, upgrade yourself...I think this requires doing stuff as your main, though. Anyway, creeps'n'freeps merrily smash each other over the head, and overall there's...it's a pretty big battlefield with, like, five landmarks.

Problem is this in essence means you can't start PvPing for the side of notshitforlikeaweekorthree. And if you are on the latter side, it does take a while to get good. So it's flawed, but when you get there it's satisfying.

Oh, and there's always a terrible imbalance swinging from and to either side constantly. When I was last on creeps ruled the skies because their archers could take out goddamn anything.

...Kinda.

This is gonna take a while to explain. There's this zone, the Ettenmoors. When you hit level 10 with a dude you get the option of creating a generic, fairly terrible fighter there who's like, a fifth of a properly geared fully-levelled PC. You can, of course, upgrade yourself...I think this requires doing stuff as your main, though. Anyway, creeps'n'freeps merrily smash each other over the head, and overall there's...it's a pretty big battlefield with, like, five landmarks.

Problem is this in essence means you can't start PvPing for the side of notshitforlikeaweekorthree. And if you are on the latter side, it does take a while to get good. So it's flawed, but when you get there it's satisfying.

Oh, and there's always a terrible imbalance swinging from and to either side constantly. When I was last on creeps ruled the skies because their archers could take out goddamn anything.

Seriously, it's not like the warriors who you can just hold in freaking place and smack the crap out of, although archers aren't really that big of a problem, as I normally just get up close to them and stun them. Having an herbalist is a great thing, too, especially because of how fast those things can heal themselves...

...Kinda.

Hmm, well if it's fairly active I'll probably give it a shot one day.